“Truly one of a kind and best of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Hassler

Hotel Hassler
Ranked #28 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
“Truly one of a kind and best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Easy checking in. Very personal service: During my hole stay, everyone knew my name. The room was decent size and had a partially obstructs view of the iconic Spanish Steps. The hotel is full of fine antiques and works of art that blew me away. My only complaint was that the spa was a little lacking. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your comments, which were much appreciated.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your beautiful words of praise about the service and our traditional historic texture gave me great satisfaction and I would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments. Likewise, I have also taken note of your remarks about the Amorvero SPA and I am pleased to inform you that it is my intention is to expand the SPA area and transfer it to a basement area, in order to be able to offer clients a much vaster, professionally equipped fitness centre.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We booked 7 nights at the famous Hassler Hotel arrived Oct. 24. The hotel offers one of the finest locations in Rome right at the top of the Spanish Steps and walking distance to just about every attraction in Rome but that's the only above average aspect of the hotel. After our second night we called our travel agent and asked to be moved elsewhere in Rome because the staff made us feel so unwelcome. Nothing but attitude despite our every effort to break the ice. The only employees that were polite and respectful were the doorman and the breakfast waitstaff. We found the front desk staff and concierge to be down right cold and rude. Normally we would just avoid dealings with them but the Hassler requires you leave you room key every time you leave the hotel. So you must deal with the two departments several times a day just to get access to your room. Very disappointed after being so excited to stay at "one of the best in Rome". Other notes - elevator is the size of a phone-booth and very slow, we took the stairs to the third floor and didn't mind working off the Italian sweets we enjoyed all day - but beware of this too. We moved to the St. Regis a few blocks away and LOVED it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank johnkwfl
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome. I was pleased to learn that the location was to your satisfaction.

On a different note I was sorry to hear that you did not find our staff to be as friendly and helpful as we expect them to be at all times. I do apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort this caused to you and would like you to know that I have passed on your impressions to the staff for their consideration.

Indeed I hope, however, that despite your disappointment, we will be able to show you the true Hassler style on another occasion, giving us a chance to change your mind.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I stayed for only one night before leaving on a cruise so we didn't get to experience as much of the hotel and city as we would have liked. Overall though, it was a great location, the room was perfect and the service was top notch...would stay there again for sure!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, November 21, 2013

Greetings from the Eternal City!

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note about the room, our service and the location, gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Hotel has many positive aspects ,location ,nice rooms ,very good breakfast ,experienced stuff ,almost all you need from a decent Hotel . The concierge team can be improved (there are a few experienced guys but .. ); spa is very little can be improved .
Imago restaurant must be renovated , decoration must be changed !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Vedat A
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, November 15, 2013

Greetings from the Eternal City!

First of all, thank you for having taken the time to share your impression on Tripadvisor.

I have taken good note of your opinion and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the rooms, the service, the breakfast and the location.

On another note I would like to inform you that I always follow up any negative comments left by my guests, so your specific remarks about the concierge, the SPA and the Imàgo Restaurant are precious for me in order to monitor, correct and constantly improve the services I aim to offer.

I hope the future reserves you other occasions to return to Rome and that you come to the Hassler again too.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay there, the location is fantastic very close to the main shopping areas, the bar has the best and maybe the most experienced bartender mr.luigi, who prepared the best bloodymarry .at night the piano playing is so good at the bar. The room where very spacious.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having shared the precious comment about the Hassler being one of the best places to stay in Rome!

My aim is to meet every guest’s expectation, so your note about the room, the bar and the location was gratifying. Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to Luigi.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

There is nothing wrong with the hotel Hassler. Everything is fantastic, especially the concierge, Dennis, who is exceptionally good, he sorted everything we needed.
The hotel Hassler consider every little detail, even the slippers and dressing gowns have different coloured trims so you know who's is who. I have never seen this at any other hotel, ever.
The breakfast buffet has amazing pancakes and the restaurant on the top has lovely views with a great atmosphere.
The Art Deco bedrooms are lovely and comfortable. There is plenty of cupboard room too.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the hotel Hassler and would definitely recommend it. If I was ever to come back to Rome, I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome but also for having taken the time to share your comments with your beautiful words of praise.

My aim as a family hotelier, with five generations of tradition, is to provide a blend of service and atmosphere, to make you feel that each stay is a home away from home experience and with your comments make me feel that this time I succeeded. Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to Dennis.

common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,112 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved our perfectly appointed, Art Deco suite in which attention to detail was obvious. From the moment we arrived the welcome and standards were as we had heard from friends who have been here before us. Even though Dorchester Group (who run our favourite hotels) told us they had taken over the Eden, we didn't switch over our booking. Everything worked to perfection except perhaps the lift door which opens worryingly fast. We appreciated everything about this hotel. Last night we enjoyed listening to two separate pianists in the cocktail bar. The concierge desk is very good indeed. Housekeeping is exceptional. I could write a lengthy review about details such as the high quality sheets....better than average bathroom TV....superb wi-fi.....hardwood flooring in our 100% quiet bedroom....quality of bedroom tea....the welcome...efficiency...location...convenience and above all...the value for money that guests receive. Worth every euro....another great Leading Hotel of the World.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank BarryAscot
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your beautiful comments of praise.

I was pleased to learn that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our renowned quality of service, care and attention. Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to all the staff concerned.