1,204 results
All reviews spanish steps grand deluxe room floor terrace seventh floor concierge desk luxury hotel city view renovated room via condotti beautiful hotel rooftop restaurant perfect location breakfast buffet beautiful room piazza di spagna our honeymoon trip to rome
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently (January, 2013) spent 5 days at the Hassler Hotel. The location is great if you are into shopping.
I found it too expensive, especially the breakfast (45 euros per person...which is ridiculous) and the bar.
Of course, the rooms are very charming and the service is great.... but definatelly my type of hotel.
Ask for the older and better decorated rooms.
Regards,
Pedro

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pedro R
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having decided to share your comments about your stay at the Hassler.

Positive comments are always a pleasure to address, but a negative comment becomes a precious tool to constantly improve. In your case the comments were distributed to the various departments in order to review and improve.

In any case, I hope the future reserves you some other occasions to return to Rome and that you decide to return to the Hassler too.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

During the 50s and 60s Hollywood had a big influence in Italian tourism due to films like "La Dolce Vita". On those days, many visitors chose to stay in big Dame Hotels like The Excelsior at Via Venetto. Today, Via Venetto and all its wonderful Hotels are always good choices, but the action has moved a bit down the street (hill).

For my trip to Rome, I searched for a 5 star hotel with great location. Every traveler is different and every destinations has its peculiarities. This time, I wanted luxury accommodations on site. The Hassler Rome was a splendid alternative. Clean Renovated Rooms, Excellent Service and Fine Dinning on top of the Spanish Steps. The Hassler is Not a big Dame, it's a charming, exquisite spot in the middle of everything. You can safely walk to Piazzas, monuments and the famous Via Condotti, home street to Channel, Dior, Valentino and other designer boutiques.

Walking is the best way to move around Rome. Location was Priority One. At the Hassler Rome Hotel, we found a safe location to walk anytime of day or night... And for me, safety matters.

I don't recommend this Hotel if internet connection is of importance. They do have difficulties providing this service to their guests. Otherwise, stay at the Hassler, have some coffee or tea in their tea room with the soft sound of Italian music in the background, smoke a cigar or sip some brandy at their cigar bar, just leave everything behind and enjoy La Dolce Vita and the Magnificence of Rome from a privilege hill at The Hassler Rome.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mlmattei
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your comments, which were much appreciated.

It is indeed our constant aim to make our guests feel at home and to render their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible, so you can imagine how glad I am each time a client takes a moment to let me know how much they enjoyed their stay with us. I was sorry tor read about the difficulties you encountered with internet, but please be informed that the whole system is being presently reviewed.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hotel Hassler is stepping into old world luxury with new world modern conveniences.
Hands down the most comfortable bed/sleeping in our multi city luxury European trip.
Hands down the most wonderful and experienced staff in our multi city luxury European trip.

They have recently upgraded and retained all the old world charm.
The restaurant IMAGO - yes it is expensive - we were there Christmas - but one of the best Michelin star restaurants we have ever had the pleasure to dine at - While the food was fabulous, again we must cite the staff - every single member of the staff from the captain to the servers

The layout of the room (jr suite) was perfect
Maximized the space yet felt roomy

We went all out last year on atrip and stayed at the Ritz Paris before they closed and the HASSLER surpassed the RITZ in service - which is saying something
Cannot recommend highly enough

Expensive and worth every penny

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A W B
DirezioneHassler, Direttore at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome but also for having taken the time to share your lovely words of appreciation.

My aim as a family hotelier, with five generations of tradition, is to provide a blend of service and atmosphere, to make you feel that each stay is a home away from home experience and with your comments make me feel that this time I succeeded.

We look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores other opportunities for you to return.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel was very centrally located. The staff amazing. The rooms large by Rome standards.

Everything we requested was met with a "can do" attitude.

New Year's dinner at Imago's Restaurant was pricey at 875 Euros per person, but the location could not be beat for firework viewing. We had Rome laid down at our feet and could see the fireworks all over Rome without having to deal with the crowds, etc...

Yes, it is pricey but worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happytraveling055
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Eternal City!

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome to celebrate New Year’s Eve, but also for your note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your positive note about the rooms, the staff and the view gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Hassler — contributes to the current success of luxury hotels — by giving a new energy to the place that will be useful beyond the 2012/13 winter season by having upgrading and replaced just what was needed: gone are the heavy velvet curtains that used to drag on the floor of the stairs. In their place are modern scrims. Gone is any sense that the furniture has collected some dust. Open was the sparkling gem of a gym with its endless windows and views, and an outdoor patio. Yet the charm of the whole place remains intact. That change of climate has affected not just confidence in the service and exceptional management of this great hotel, but also creates a new focus for using the hotel as a way to prepare to get out of it — to enjoy Rome — to attend to meetings, more relaxed, more rested, more well nourished.

So there was a good reason to select staying at the Hassler above all other hotels when in Rome — figuratively speaking — “on the top of the world,” as you might described the inspiration for it being at the top of the "Spanish Steps."

We arrived on New Year's Eve. Other guests walked over shiny-as-ice stone surfaces and clean carpets wearing party hats, noise makers and emblems on the chests of blazers. Some of them carried fur coats, which were promptly put away by the concierge — not least, one (which must have stayed here many times) comfortably showed us the way to the main floor's secret smoking room so we wouldn't have to be outside in the cold if we didn't want to. The hotel made a point of both inviting us to join the many parties, meal service, or to relax and stay out of it. We chose the latter and were perfectly comfortable doing so. In the morning, traditional New Year's treats were left in our room to enjoy-- eat.

This was a fresh and faultless vision, based on their guest's lust for expected tradition, travel, comfort-- thoughtfully, mindfully. And the entire hotel staff, to a person, were the first to be helpful in any way that was asked-- all without ever being overbearing, or unwelcoming to us-- two dudes that had never stayed there together before. Oh, and upon checking in, we were upgraded to a better room that we had booked.

I am not so sure about the giant clam of a bar that was installed in the courtyard. I have to go back and see how that works come summer!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank DavidDavid111
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note full of appreciation. I am glad that you liked the redesigned trimmings, the service and that you generally found everything to your satisfaction.

My aim as a boutique family hotelier, with five generations of tradition, is to provide a blend of service and atmosphere, to make you feel that each stay is a “home away from home” experience and with your lovely comments, I pride myself in being able to say that sometimes I manage to accomplish the goals that I fixed for myself.