$158
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$235
$210
$177
$160
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

Hotel Raffaello(Rome)(Great Value!)
$87
$81
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Hotel Adriano(Rome)
$160
$95
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)(Great Value!)
$103
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$162
$119
Agoda.com
Barocco Hotel(Rome)
$244
$212
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $269/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
$244
$197
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $355/night.

$312
$258
Travelocity
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $317/night.

1,176 results
All reviewsspanish stepsfloor terraceseventh floorluxury hotelconcierge desketernal cityvia condottibeautiful hotelrooftop restaurantdeluxe roombreakfast buffetperfect locationbeautiful roompiazza di spagnaheart of rometrip to rometrevi fountain
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel was very centrally located. The staff amazing. The rooms large by Rome standards.

Everything we requested was met with a "can do" attitude.

New Year's dinner at Imago's Restaurant was pricey at 875 Euros per person, but the location could not be beat for firework viewing. We had Rome laid down at our feet and could see the fireworks all over Rome without having to deal with the crowds, etc...

Yes, it is pricey but worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happytraveling055
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Greetings from the Eternal City!

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome to celebrate New Year’s Eve, but also for your note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your positive note about the rooms, the staff and the view gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Hassler — contributes to the current success of luxury hotels — by giving a new energy to the place that will be useful beyond the 2012/13 winter season by having upgrading and replaced just what was needed: gone are the heavy velvet curtains that used to drag on the floor of the stairs. In their place are modern scrims. Gone is any sense that the furniture has collected some dust. Open was the sparkling gem of a gym with its endless windows and views, and an outdoor patio. Yet the charm of the whole place remains intact. That change of climate has affected not just confidence in the service and exceptional management of this great hotel, but also creates a new focus for using the hotel as a way to prepare to get out of it — to enjoy Rome — to attend to meetings, more relaxed, more rested, more well nourished.

So there was a good reason to select staying at the Hassler above all other hotels when in Rome — figuratively speaking — “on the top of the world,” as you might described the inspiration for it being at the top of the "Spanish Steps."

We arrived on New Year's Eve. Other guests walked over shiny-as-ice stone surfaces and clean carpets wearing party hats, noise makers and emblems on the chests of blazers. Some of them carried fur coats, which were promptly put away by the concierge — not least, one (which must have stayed here many times) comfortably showed us the way to the main floor's secret smoking room so we wouldn't have to be outside in the cold if we didn't want to. The hotel made a point of both inviting us to join the many parties, meal service, or to relax and stay out of it. We chose the latter and were perfectly comfortable doing so. In the morning, traditional New Year's treats were left in our room to enjoy-- eat.

This was a fresh and faultless vision, based on their guest's lust for expected tradition, travel, comfort-- thoughtfully, mindfully. And the entire hotel staff, to a person, were the first to be helpful in any way that was asked-- all without ever being overbearing, or unwelcoming to us-- two dudes that had never stayed there together before. Oh, and upon checking in, we were upgraded to a better room that we had booked.

I am not so sure about the giant clam of a bar that was installed in the courtyard. I have to go back and see how that works come summer!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank DavidDavid111
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note full of appreciation. I am glad that you liked the redesigned trimmings, the service and that you generally found everything to your satisfaction.

My aim as a boutique family hotelier, with five generations of tradition, is to provide a blend of service and atmosphere, to make you feel that each stay is a “home away from home” experience and with your lovely comments, I pride myself in being able to say that sometimes I manage to accomplish the goals that I fixed for myself.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Hassler is an incredible institution. Their recent upgrade and renovation seems like it's going quite well. The service is absolutely top-notch. Staying at the hotel is an absolute joy. The view all the way across Rome of the Vatican from bed was absolutely storybook. The staff is charming and cheerful.

Getting room service there, although it may cost a day's salary, is out of this world: two men hustle in with a table and it's an enormous production and totally delightful.

They also have the largest elevators in Europe. (No, but seriously, you can fit five people and a suitcase in them!)

I imagine it's exceedingly difficult to pull a storied hotel into the 21st century, particularly in Rome. They are doing an admirable job of it. On my next visit, I'm sure they'll have licked the Internet problem entirely. (No, we certainly did not spend 15 Euros a day for the Internet. It's 2013! Goodness no. But I can forgive them for this.)

Don't miss: the tucked-away bar on the ground floor, with its secret glassed-in smoking area. Also: the patio off the gym is one of the single best vantage points to view Rome.

Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Higher is always better when you're atop the Spanish Steps!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Choire

Dear Guest,

It was nice to read your enthusiasm about your stay and I was pleased to learn that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our renowned quality of service, care and attention.

Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to the staff.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The service is second to none.. The concierge are extremely helpful in every way, to booking great restaurants, organizing guided tours, etc. The rooms are clean, well appointed and the service staff are excellent. The location is great, you walk out of the Hotel down the Spanish steps and you are in the centre of Rome for all your shopping and eating needs. Old charm with oustanding service. Look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

“Hassle free Hassler”

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for your lovely note of appreciation.

I am happy that you found everything to your satisfaction. My aim, in the hotel business, is to allow my guests to experience a unique and enjoyable break and make them feel “home away from home” – and with your lovely comments, I pride myself in being able to say that sometimes I manage to accomplish the goals that I fixed for myself. Your lovely words of appraisal were also passed on to the staff.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to return.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Hassler Hotel, near the Spanish steps is a well known 5 star world class hotel in a location that is difficult to beat. We found it a little difficult to find as we could not drive up the Spanish steps, but following the cobbled streets was worth the effort. The public rooms are very elegant and the staff charming. The bar man remembers you name and the roof terrace dining is second to none in Rome with amazing, amazing views and great food. The rooms can vary in size but all are superbly furnished and spotless. All the main sights are within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Greetings from the Eternal City!

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note about the food, the rooms, our service and the location, gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

Kind regards,