“Amazing hotel in the heart of Rome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Hassler

Hotel Hassler
Ranked #31 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Frisco, TX
“Amazing hotel in the heart of Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just seconds away from the Spanish Steps, the Hassler is one of the best hotels in Rome. It is tranquil at all times and, even though the hotel is adjacent to the Spanish Steps, almost no noise gets through the walls. At night, the Hassler's redesigned outdoor lounge allows for a nice drink before dinner, while listening to a great piano player. The Hassler is also minutes away from a nice park that not many tourists go to (about a 10 minute walk). The service was great and the Hassler has not disappointed us in any of our four stays there.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you again for having stayed at the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

It is indeed our constant aim to make our guests feel at home and to render their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible, so you can imagine how glad I am each time a client takes a moment to let me know how much they enjoyed their stay with us.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to return.

President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at the Hassler for a week between christmas and new year's 2012. For a 5-star hotel in the heart of the city, we cannot recommend this hotel enough.
The hotel is in a perfect location at the top of the Spanish Steps. The views are fantastic and many historical sites, lots of shopping and other places of interest are only a short walk away.
We found the staff at the hotel to be excellent. They are very attentive, well-trained and exceedingly capable. They seek to ensure every guest is happy and they succeed.
We stayed in a street-facing grand deluxe room which was very comfortable and gave us a nice view of the city. The rooms housing the classic or more elaborate suites likely had the better views, but we were happy nonetheless. Rooms have great robes and slippers which are welcome after exploring the streets and sites for hours at a time.
The staff working the breakfast buffet in the Salon Medici were outstanding. By our second day, they knew our preferences, etc. My wife and I didn't have to ask for our coffee drinks to have soy instead of cows milk after our first breakfast. Nice!
Overall, we had a great stay and would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that wants great service in a perfect location, particularly anyone who is visiting Rome for the first time.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms have great views, but will be noisier than garden rooms. Rooms are furnished dif...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to share with us your satisfaction.

I am happy that you had a great time with us. My aim, in the hotel business, is to allow my guests to experience a unique and enjoyable break and make them feel “home away from home” – and with your lovely comments, I pride myself in being able to say that sometimes I manage to accomplish the goals that I fixed for myself. Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to the staff.

We look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel is one of the best I've every stayed ! While visiting Rome we decided to stay at Hotel Hassler and we did not regret it ! Yes, it is expensive. But if you want the very best, this is the Hotel to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome and also for your lovely note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, I really appreciated you sharing your satisfaction with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights from Dec. 12th to the 15th. Driving to the Hotel is an adventure as is any driving in Rome. However, once at the hotel, the staff and in particular Alexandra was extremely helpful about the hotel and the area.

Up front, most things are extra. Parking was 45€/day and internet was 15€/day. That is just the way that it is. While I would have loved to have had it rolled into the room price (especially the internet), leaving it out allows one to opt in or out. I liked having the choice. Oh, I had no trouble with the internet.

Our room 222 was in the back and was beautiful and quiet. The bathroom was spacious. My only small complaint is that the king size bed was actually 2 twins together. While they did a great job to minimize the seam, I was still able to find it. The cotton sheets were of a high thread count and with the down comforter was luxurious. The complimentary water was nice. We ordered up ice each night.

We did have the breakfast which cost ~40€. It was wonderful to have each day. A great selection of sweets and juices. I especially enjoyed the fresh carrot and orange juices. There was a selection of prosciuttos and smoked fish (salmon, tuna, & swordfish). The eggs were a little runny for my taste and the bacon was a bit greasy. I did enjoy the sausage, pancakes, and french toast. Service was impeccable. We sat down and almost instantly got perfect cappuccinos. This was a fantastic way to start off the day. It allowed us to forge past lunch and beat the crowds.

The location at the top of the Spanish Steps allowed us to walk to great restaurants and the sites from the Colosseum and Palatine Hill to Vatican City. Best of all, we were right above the main shopping area.

Lastly, the doorman helped me pay for my car the night before and allowed us to leave with plenty of time to get to the airport in the morning. Their directions were flawless. Service was all around fantastic.

We didn't get to try the spa, but they have a sauna and steam room connected to a pretty good workout facility.

This hotel does cost, but you get every pennies worth.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the Eternal City!

It was very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciated you sharing you impressions with a description of all the aspects you noted. In our constant aim to improve, your comments concerning the service, have been passed on to the relevant departments for consideration.

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at the Hassler Dec 6-9th and it is by far one of the most amazing hotels in Italy, if not the world. We were upgraded from a deluxe to grand deluxe with the most amazing views of the Spanish Steps and city of Rome. Alessandra and Carolina in reception went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the best. Danieli, the concierge was very helpful and friendly.

Thank you Hassler staff for your hospitality and the next time I am in Rome, I will without question, book a stay with you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CP2006
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your lovely comments, which were much appreciated.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

We look forward to a new opportunity to welcome you again to the Hassler and in the meantime, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at the Hassler Hotel for two nights with a group of work colleagues and friends - just for an entertaining couple of days in Rome.

Service - the service is unbelievably good. Exactly what you would hope and expect from a five star hotel. Polite, professional, incredibly helpful, very knowledgeable about Rome. The service really made this stand out from most hotels I've stayed in over recent years.

Rooms - I believe the hotel is partially refurbished. I was in a refurbished room and it was absolutely beautiful. Small, but this is to be expected in this part of the world. Classy and lovely.

Internet - TERRIBLE!! From the moment I entered the hotel I wrestled with the internet. On day 1 an internet technician came to my room and tried to tell me there was something wrong with my computer. Until my colleague arrived and ALSO couldn't get on the internet. Then they quickly had a technician come to the room to change the receiver in my room. But after an hour or so, I was kicked off the internet - so another call to the man. Day 2 - couldn't get on again. I was told that they are changing something related to the internet on our whole floor. They offered no solution to my problem (i.e. couldn't tell me where else I could get on the internet) and wouldn't listen to what was actually happening on my computer. But again, one colleague could get on the internet and one couldn't. I was tired of fighting, so decided my work could wait. Day 3 - couldn't get on the internet AGAIN. Same error message as the day before. So I went to reception to show them and they had a solution!!! So irritating that no one had offered me that solution the day before.
ALSO a bit annoying that the internet is 15 euros per day - which you don't really want to pay to have wi-fi on your iPhone... would be better for the internet to be free.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet night's sleep, DON'T choose a room at the front of the hotel - car horns...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Greetings from the Eternal City!

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to share with us your satisfaction concerning your recent stay with us.

All comments I receive from my clients are very much appreciated and a necessary tool to understand if I succeed in my aim to render each and every stay as memorable and enjoyable as possible. In this specific instance, I am happy to be able to ascertain that this goal has in some way been accomplished. At the same time, I’ve also taken note of your remarks concerning the internet access, which I would like to reassure you that we are presently reviewing.

On a closing note, I hope the future holds in store another opportunity for you to return to the Hassler.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Understated elegance. View to die for. Best location in Rome.
Eat in the restaurant upstairs. One of the best meals in Rome.
Ask for a room up high, facing the front of the hotel.
We shall return, probably this summer.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vegaslonglegs
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, I really appreciated you sharing your judgment of satisfaction with us.

President and Managing