“Wonderful Hassler”

Ranked #36 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Hassler”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

my partner wanted to stay in the middle of everything when in Rome so I booked the Hassler.

On top of the beautiful Spanish steps you truly feel like movie stars when you come out in the evening to get into your car/taxi to go for dinner as all the tourists are celeb spotting.

when i was there a few less well known American actors stayed , brad and angelina have stayed along with tom cruze etc and the late Diana stayed many times and loved the peach bellini cocktails served in the bar.

A bit tired in places if I am honest and the cost of £1600 for 4 nights a little well a lot on the expensive side but what you get is the best in the middle of the best views and tourist spots in rome.
One night we ate at Imago the michelin star restaurant at the top of the hotel with a view of Rome and St Pauls at night truly amazing 350 Euros for the meal with wine but I was truly happy to pay it.
Breakfast in the open garden area in the morning is wonderful but at these prices what do you expect.
One evening in our best dress we ventured out of the hotel to be snapped by Japanese tourists as we walked down the spoanish steps to the trevi fountain, felt like real moviestars until we booked out and caught our easyjet flight back to Manchester.

If you can do it as it is very much worth every penny. Caught a taxi wednesday morning and got to the front during the popes speach and prayers...amazing, love Rome but if you want to do it in style the hassler it has to be.

Room Tip: best location best reputation
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BangkokBill786
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to share with us your satisfaction.

It is our constant aim to render the stay of our guests in the Eternal City as pleasant and memorable as possible, and I was therefore delighted to learn that we succeeded in doing so and that you and your partner felt like movie stars!

As to your comment about “a bit tired in places” - I am happy to inform you that we have more renovation works in program – which I hope you will be able to enjoy some other time in the future.

In the meantime, we look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Roberto Wirth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My daughter had her wedding reception on the roof terrace of The Hassler overlooking a stunning view of Rome just as the sun was setting, it was so memorable with such impeccable food & service, nothing was too much trouble for the staff & of course The Hassler will always remain a special place for us.
P.S.
It's their 2nd Anniversary today !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank amt14
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your beautiful comments of praise and and more so, for deciding to share the satisfaction of your daughter’s wedding reception even after two years!

It is always my intent to provide a superior level of service, so I am very happy to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the reception.

I hope the future reserves you other special moments to celebrate with us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have stayed at the Hassler twice and had very good experiences both times. There is great variation in style, size and location of the rooms, however, even rooms in roughly the same price range, so it is important to let them know in advance what you want your experience to be. Whether you like gracious olde world interiors, or sleek Italian design .... I have stayed in both at the Hassler. And breakfast or cocktails on the patio is a real delight.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AYellowWood
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to return to the Hassler while visiting Rome, but also for your lovely note full of appreciation.

It was nice to get your positive feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the individually styled rooms and the service offered at our Palm Court.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

New York
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel is in a terrific and convenient location.....the room was adequate.....there is simply something missing....there just isn't an atmosphere of any kind at the hotel.....the lobby is a bit dreary....the garden seems lacking....there is a wonderful view from an outside terrace on one of the upper floors....would make sense to have a bar and service at this location in order to perhaps have one area in the hotel that would be lovely to have a drink in the early evening.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank sdwgns
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen stay at thee Hassler while visiting Rome, and also for sharing your impressions.

Actually, we are in the midst of renovating the public areas and are implementing changes to render the atmosphere trendy and designed to make our guests feel that they are at their home away from home.

I hope you find an occasion to return sometime ahead and do decide to return and experience the changes for yourself

amsterdam
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have already in the past given my review for the hassler and it was always positive...but frankly i am very disappointed with my visit this month. I come to rome for various reasons but i stay at the hassler for various personal reasons. Ttis time i arrived and i was asked to go stay at another hotel nearby since some sort of diplomat did not want to free up my room. Now this is ridiculous....that i have to change hotels...it totally ruined my weekend. I tried to make the best of it for my sake and agreed in the end to make the rmove. They were very apologetic and offered an upgrade but frankly, that was no way enough. I went to the other hotel and there was definitely a huge difference in atmosphere etc and it really seemed like a hilton hotel room....terrible carpet...it ruined my whole romantic weekend....i frankly feel this is not the way to handle guests and am very disappointed....am not sure now in the future if i would want to go back to the hassler...i like to use the same hotels in the various cities i travel to since i travel a lot for work and this makes me feel bit at home...but hassler definitely did not make me feel at home this time so maybe its time for a change, where a hotel cares about its regular customers...am still in rome, leaving tomorrow thank god....che sara ' sara' ....

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank AlexTedje2017
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having shared the precious comment about the Hassler being your preferred hotel in Rome in the past – as you say, almost like home!

On a completely different note, I would like to apologize to you personally, for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced during your last visit to Rome. I can assure you that I was in an extremely embarassing situation and unfortunately had no other solution

Again, I’m very regretful that your stay was ruined, but sincerely hope that you will reconsider your judgment – made on this one negative episode - and do decide to return and experience our renown care and attention, that you know of and have experienced with satisfaction in the past. In any event, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gmoffice@hotelhassler.it

Raumati Beach, New Zealand
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hassler mainly due to the location, but the quality of the stay far exceeded my expectations. My party had 2 rooms, both very different, but both stunning. The staff were very attentive and their attention to detail was awesome, I never had to open a door, they seem to know what you want before you ask. To me, the Hassler Hotel is the ideal place to stay when visiting Rome, right at the top of the Spanish steps, walking distance to the Trevi Fountain and very close to the Via , what more could you want.

My room faced a courtyard and was very quiet, while other rooms had lovely views over the Spanish Steps. The rooms were cleaned very well and quickly at least twice daily.

The only issue I had was the soap, it was very tightly wrapped in plastic, and took me a while to open, it was then replaced every clean, so each bar of soap was used only once before another tricky opening procedure. But as this is my only complaint I found this hotel to be stunning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank GixxerNZ
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having spent your time at the Hassler while in Rome last month, and also for having taken time to share your comments concerning the stay.

It was a pleasure to extend your kind words of appreciation to the entire team, as my staff always endeavors to do their best to make each stay as enjoyable and memorable as possible, so I am pleased to read that we succeeded with you!

My gratitude to you also for drawing to my attention to the inconvenience concerning the soap bars - be assured that your consideration will given careful attention.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler soon, and until then our warmest greetings to New Zealand!

Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Hassler's location is great, our room was a superb corner room, and we very much enjoyed our week stay. Frommer's states that some of the rooms are dowdy, but not ours. We were on the 4th floor. The bath was spacious and very nice. Every time we left the room, it seemed that housekeeping replaced the towels and straightened the room. One thing I particularly appreciated was that the air conditioning was silent but effective. Lot of storage and closet space. The french doors could be opened if you wanted to enjoy the street activity or the evening air.

The breakfast buffet is served on the patio, which is very pleasant. The buffet is good but could be improved a bit. The patio includes a very striking art-deco bar. I was fascinated with how they managed to build it. In the evening they have a piano player.

Sometimes the little things get you. Their wireless internet would not work with my computer, so I had to use the hard-wired connection and sit at the desk. They sent their technician, but he was not able to troubleshoot it. He thought it was the Microsoft operating system, but my laptop has connected in many a hotel room, including in Europe. They also had cumbersome system that required you to resign up every day. I don't know why so many high-end hotels continue to treat internet like it some kind of magic-expensive magic. Any Hampton Inn, which furnishes it free, can show them how to put in a care-free system.

Overall, though, we very much enjoyed the Hassler.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tomtx45
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your beautiful comments of praise.

It is indeed our constant aim to make our guests feel at home and to render their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible, so you can imagine how glad I am each time a client takes a moment to let me know how much they enjoyed their stay with us.

All your remarks and suggestions were given careful attention and consideration, especially those regarding the internet access, which I would like to reassure you that we are presently reviewing.

We look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.