1,188 results
All reviewsspanish stepsgrand deluxe roomfloor terraceseventh floorconcierge deskluxury hotelrenovated roometernal cityvia condottibeautiful hotelrooftop restaurantperfect locationbreakfast buffetbeautiful roompiazza di spagnaour honeymoonheart of rome
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel is in a terrific and convenient location.....the room was adequate.....there is simply something missing....there just isn't an atmosphere of any kind at the hotel.....the lobby is a bit dreary....the garden seems lacking....there is a wonderful view from an outside terrace on one of the upper floors....would make sense to have a bar and service at this location in order to perhaps have one area in the hotel that would be lovely to have a drink in the early evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sdwgns
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen stay at thee Hassler while visiting Rome, and also for sharing your impressions.

Actually, we are in the midst of renovating the public areas and are implementing changes to render the atmosphere trendy and designed to make our guests feel that they are at their home away from home.

I hope you find an occasion to return sometime ahead and do decide to return and experience the changes for yourself

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have already in the past given my review for the hassler and it was always positive...but frankly i am very disappointed with my visit this month. I come to rome for various reasons but i stay at the hassler for various personal reasons. Ttis time i arrived and i was asked to go stay at another hotel nearby since some sort of diplomat did not want to free up my room. Now this is ridiculous....that i have to change hotels...it totally ruined my weekend. I tried to make the best of it for my sake and agreed in the end to make the rmove. They were very apologetic and offered an upgrade but frankly, that was no way enough. I went to the other hotel and there was definitely a huge difference in atmosphere etc and it really seemed like a hilton hotel room....terrible carpet...it ruined my whole romantic weekend....i frankly feel this is not the way to handle guests and am very disappointed....am not sure now in the future if i would want to go back to the hassler...i like to use the same hotels in the various cities i travel to since i travel a lot for work and this makes me feel bit at home...but hassler definitely did not make me feel at home this time so maybe its time for a change, where a hotel cares about its regular customers...am still in rome, leaving tomorrow thank god....che sara ' sara' ....

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank AlexTedje2017
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having shared the precious comment about the Hassler being your preferred hotel in Rome in the past – as you say, almost like home!

On a completely different note, I would like to apologize to you personally, for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced during your last visit to Rome. I can assure you that I was in an extremely embarassing situation and unfortunately had no other solution

Again, I’m very regretful that your stay was ruined, but sincerely hope that you will reconsider your judgment – made on this one negative episode - and do decide to return and experience our renown care and attention, that you know of and have experienced with satisfaction in the past. In any event, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gmoffice@hotelhassler.it

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hassler mainly due to the location, but the quality of the stay far exceeded my expectations. My party had 2 rooms, both very different, but both stunning. The staff were very attentive and their attention to detail was awesome, I never had to open a door, they seem to know what you want before you ask. To me, the Hassler Hotel is the ideal place to stay when visiting Rome, right at the top of the Spanish steps, walking distance to the Trevi Fountain and very close to the Via , what more could you want.

My room faced a courtyard and was very quiet, while other rooms had lovely views over the Spanish Steps. The rooms were cleaned very well and quickly at least twice daily.

The only issue I had was the soap, it was very tightly wrapped in plastic, and took me a while to open, it was then replaced every clean, so each bar of soap was used only once before another tricky opening procedure. But as this is my only complaint I found this hotel to be stunning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GixxerNZ
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having spent your time at the Hassler while in Rome last month, and also for having taken time to share your comments concerning the stay.

It was a pleasure to extend your kind words of appreciation to the entire team, as my staff always endeavors to do their best to make each stay as enjoyable and memorable as possible, so I am pleased to read that we succeeded with you!

My gratitude to you also for drawing to my attention to the inconvenience concerning the soap bars - be assured that your consideration will given careful attention.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler soon, and until then our warmest greetings to New Zealand!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Hassler's location is great, our room was a superb corner room, and we very much enjoyed our week stay. Frommer's states that some of the rooms are dowdy, but not ours. We were on the 4th floor. The bath was spacious and very nice. Every time we left the room, it seemed that housekeeping replaced the towels and straightened the room. One thing I particularly appreciated was that the air conditioning was silent but effective. Lot of storage and closet space. The french doors could be opened if you wanted to enjoy the street activity or the evening air.

The breakfast buffet is served on the patio, which is very pleasant. The buffet is good but could be improved a bit. The patio includes a very striking art-deco bar. I was fascinated with how they managed to build it. In the evening they have a piano player.

Sometimes the little things get you. Their wireless internet would not work with my computer, so I had to use the hard-wired connection and sit at the desk. They sent their technician, but he was not able to troubleshoot it. He thought it was the Microsoft operating system, but my laptop has connected in many a hotel room, including in Europe. They also had cumbersome system that required you to resign up every day. I don't know why so many high-end hotels continue to treat internet like it some kind of magic-expensive magic. Any Hampton Inn, which furnishes it free, can show them how to put in a care-free system.

Overall, though, we very much enjoyed the Hassler.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomtx45
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your beautiful comments of praise.

It is indeed our constant aim to make our guests feel at home and to render their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible, so you can imagine how glad I am each time a client takes a moment to let me know how much they enjoyed their stay with us.

All your remarks and suggestions were given careful attention and consideration, especially those regarding the internet access, which I would like to reassure you that we are presently reviewing.

We look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel has exceptionally appointed rooms, and service at all levels is top-notch.
Location at the top of the Spanish Steps is ideal for getting to most tourist sites due to central location, and taxis are always located out front. Luxury boutiques- Gucci, Dior, etc. -are all less than a 5 min walk away if shopping is important to you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob-and-Mila
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having decided to share your comments about your stay at the Hassler.

All comments and remarks I receive from my clients, are very much appreciated and a necessary tool to understand if I succeed in my aim to make each and every stay as memorable and enjoyable as possible. In this specific instance, I am happy to be able to ascertain that this goal has in some way been accomplished. Your kind words of appreciation were passed on to the staff concerned.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.