Albergo del Senato
Hotel Navona(Rome)
$143
$114
3,801 results
All reviewsrooftop barpiazza della rotundaroom overlooking the pantheonperfect locationstreet performersfront desk stafftrevi fountainwithin walking distancewonderful hotelspanish stepstaxi standturn down servicewalked everywhereloved this hotelpastriesbottle of proseccotrip to rome
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I travelled to Rome with my husband for 4 days and stayed at the Albergo del Senato. This hotel was very relaxed and friendly. The room was very comfortable, don't expect a large room, we booked a standard room but it was fine for our stay and it was fine for the two of us. The bathroom was lovely and clean, and the room was kept immaculate by the cleaning ladies. I liked the hotel being quite small which meant the staff got to know you and it felt a very warm and pleasant place to stay. The delightful breakfast in the morning was a laid back affair with a continental breakfast buffet. The location was excellent as we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. I did request a double bed and a nice view and we certainly got that, a lovely view of the Pantheon. We booked the hotel pick up service from the airport and we appreciated this as arriving at Rome airport seemed just madness, it was so busy, so our driver meeting us and taking us to his car, whisking us away to the Hotel was very welcome. Although we arrived early before check in time we were still allowed into our room as it was available and this was very welcome after all our travelling. You could hear the lovely music going on every night outside the Pantheon and everything was lively until late in the evening. The atmosphere in the square was just magic. We will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Ask for any special requests, the hotel will try to accommodate. although it was lively outside the noise didn't bother us at all and we were able to sleep with no problem. Go to the terrace bar on the 6th floor very nice views and great for a pre dinner drink. If going to see the Vatican and the Colosseum, I would recommend booking a tour to avoid the queues and to get the information about what you are looking at!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shazzyb123
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Rome, Florence, Tuscany Countryside, and Venice. This hotel was wonderful and of all the hotels on our trip, this one had the best customer service. I have never felt so welcome somewhere. We were on the 4th floor with a Pantheon view. It was nice to open the window in the afternoon and hear the music going on. At night I never heard any noise and slept very well. We loved the rooftop bar. The hotel is in a very busy square but it is centrally located to everything. I debated on this and I am really glad I chose this hotel. It was perfect!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kurt2fish
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I travel a lot, and seldom do I come across a hotel that is run as well as this one, with excellent staff, very helpful in all respects, and always willing to lend a hand. The hotel fronts the Piazza Della Rotunda, where the Pantheon is. Excellent cafés right on the Piazza. The room prices are reasonable, and the rooms are well equipped and modern. There's also a rooftop patio with excellent views of Rome -- a late afternoon spot to meet new friends, before going out to dinner. So many spots within walking distance of the hotel. No car is needed whatsoever. There's a taxi stand nearby.

Whenever we're on a trip, we always look around for how we would do things better next time, and my wife and I both agree that we would select this hotel again -- without a doubt. Just a perfect spot, with about the best hotel staff I've ever come across in more than 1 million miles of travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Wow!! Beautiful little hotel in the piazza next to the Pantheon. Room was small and a bit pricey but it was beautiful, the staff exceptional and you cannot beat the location. Make note no irons are permitted in the room. I believe this is typical in Rome. Restaurants in the area are exceptional.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 665KimC
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel is right next to the Pantheon which is within walking distances to most attractions. There is also a taxi stand right across the piazza for any distances that are too far. The garden bar on the roof has great views of the city. Our room was a little small and because it was on the side road off the piazza, was a little noisy at night. The AC broke our second night there but was quickly repaired the next day. The breakfast had some good things to choose from. The staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple