“Excellent location and accommodations! I do not recommend driving there!”
Review of Albergo del Senato

Albergo del Senato
Ranked #9 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a fantastic experience at this hotel. We stayed for 3 nights with our 2 year old daughter in the triple room on the 4th floor. The room is very spacious (it is actually 2 bedrooms - 1 with a queen bed and one with a single bed) and is very nicely decorated. It also has a fantastic view of the Pantheon from the main bedroom window. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They recommended the Restaurant Il Falchetto, which was our favorite! There is no restaurant in the hotel, but the breakfast is very good and be sure to check out the roof top bar! From the hotel you can easily walk to all of the main sights, although we chose to take a taxi to the Vatican because it is a bit farther.
I do not recommend driving to the hotel because you have to drive through very narrow roads that are mainly pedestrian. We arrived at a very busy time of day and it was very difficult to navigate. In addition, after you drop off your luggage, you have to drive your car to a parking garage about 1/2 a mile away and walk back to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mikeandemily1
Write a ReviewReviews (3,722)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in Rome for 3 days before our cruise. I did my research on the web and Trip Advisor to find the perfect place to stay in Rome. We found it! Albergo Del Senato! We knew we wanted to stay in the center of Rome and we wanted something with the true feeling of Rome. Albergo Del Senato delivers. We booked the Seminario Suite.

We have never been to Rome before, so when we arrived we were amazed and thrilled. Our taxi pulled into the Piazza Della Rotanda and we were astounded by the sights. Our hotel is right next to the Pantheon! Wow! What a sight! So then we are met at the door by the bellman. And again wow! What a beautiful hotel! Beautifully decorated and outstanding staff. We were 100% satisfied with how well the staff treated us. The suite we selected was absolutely amazing! Although the Seminario Suite does not have a window facing the Piazza, we still had a view of the Pantheon if we looked out the window to the side. This suite is large, clean, well decorated, has beautiful frescoes on the ceiling, and is very comfortable. The complementary breakfast was better that any other hotel we have ever booked. Another great feature is the patio on the roof, 360 degree view of Rome! The hotel is at the center of Rome, so you can walk to all of the top attractions of Rome from the hotel within minutes. Great places to eat close by too. The staff was very helpful, professional, and courteous. We don't speak much Italian, but that was not a problem. The front desk spoke English well.

We are looking forward to staying at Albergo Del Senato some time again, and we highly recommend you do too.

Grazie,
Gary

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tahoe93
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We loved loved loved the hotel and service. Terrific and helpful staff with fabulous sense of humor. We could not believe how well situated this hotel was. Right across from the Pantheon and within walking distance of so many landmarks. We will definitely be going back. Luca deserves a medal for impeccable service.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms in opposite sides of the hotel and they were both fabulous.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LLTS
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Albergo del Senato is a charming casually elegant hotel in what I consider the best spot in Rome, right next to what is arguably the most beautiful building in Rome, the Pantheon on the lively and lovely Piazza della Rotonda. Even though I was a solo traveller, my beautifully appointed and impeccably clean room looked down onto the Pantheon and the piazza. Even my generously sized well equipped modern bathroom had a window that looked out onto the piazza. I had the singular pleasure of being able to shower and look down on the Pantheon as I did so, a pleasure I am sure not even the emperor Hadrian had access to.
The staff throughout the hotel were never anything less than polite, enthusiastic and helpful whenever I needed help, whether at the front desk, the comfortable breakfast room or just having my laundry delivered to my room door.
I would stay at Albergo del Senato without hesitation whenever I am in Rome and I urge others to do the same.
As I was leaving scaffolding was going up in front of it for what I assume were pending renovations and painting so it's bound to look even better the next time I see it.
Thank you staff at the Albergo del Senato for making my stay in Rome such a pleasure.

Room Tip: By all means ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JohnHenry B
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights at Albergo del Senato and can say without reservation that it was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The location and view of the Pantheon from our room (6th floor with a balcony overlooking the Pantheon) was spectacular, the staff supremely helpful and professional and our bedroom (and the rest of the hotel) was beautifully appointed and extremely clean.
Before travelling to Rome I had had several email exchanges with the concierge and room manager - and every request and query was answered fully and promptly.
If we ever return to Rome we will stay here again - its a wonderful hotel :)

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel overlook the Pantheon - which is spectacular. However, at the front...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JMcGirr
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We decide to stay based on a family members recommendation & previous stay... Front desk & breakfast staff were always courteous & helpful... Greeting us with a welcoming smile and pleasantries each time we came & went... They also have the best shower with fantastic water pressure...
We had a room with a view of the Pantheon, & while it did take a night to get used to the sounds, (with the window open) I wouldn't trade it for anything! I loved watching all of the action out in the piazza... Both day & night...

1  Thank bmomo3
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The location of this hotel is just superb. The room was very good. However the best part of this this hotel is the staff. The housekeeping, breakfast room & reception staff are all friendly & helpful and really do add to this hotel.

Room Tip: View of the Pantheon. No problem with noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple