“Plenty of steps”

and up
Vittoriano Panoramic Rooftop Viewing with Skip-the-Line Colosseum Tour
Ranked #29 of 1,498 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the center of Piazza Venezia, this grandiose monument, also known as the Altar of Patriotism, was erected between 1885 and 1911 to glorify the first king of Italy.
Tampere, Finland
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Plenty of steps”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Unknown soldiers statue is for me place to visit every town where i go. Give respect for those who have fight for you. Monument is unbelieveble giant and it really have steps to climb up, but its worth of that. When you are up do yhink that its all. Turn over corner and take elevator to roof and see over Rome. just like from helicopter. Beautiful wiev. really worth of all work you have to do before you are up there.

• Arabic first
388 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 771 helpful votes
“Imposing monument”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

What a view! This monument is truly impressive and beautiful. It is so worth visiting! Take the time to read the information about the construction (you will find it close to the elevator). Got to say Wow!!! While visiting the monument, stop inside the museum, it's free and very interesting.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank SylvieFrancois444
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Grand and free”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This grand and elaborate monument in the middle of Rome was beautiful and well maintained. It is definitely worth taking the steps to the terrace, although perhaps I went to the wrong one because I couldn't find the view that other Trip Advisor reviewers have mentioned, however I enjoyed looking out towards St Peters Basilica and I must admit I got a thrill watching moped riders come within inches of being knocked off by tour buses. I have taken one star because I was absolutely desperate for the toilet but had to cross my legs because I do not pay to use the toilet out of principle.

1 Thank PPPPPeterr
Washington DC, District of Columbia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The massive amount of marble makes this monument hard to miss. It is worth the walk up the steps to explore, but beware! You cannot sit on the steps or some very angry policemen will make you move. When you get to the top, reflect on the interesting conversion of Ancient and Modern Rome.

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This monument is the most stunning building I have ever seen. We were with a group and our bus drove around it many times while our guide explained it's history. I did not know that you could go inside or that there is a free museum until reading Trip Advisor. It is obvious that we missed out. We we were only in Rome for 3 days but this monument would have been well worth seeing.