“Fraud!”

Rome Open Tour Day Tour
Ranked #652 of 824 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the magical sights of Rome on an extensive hop-on hop-off itinerary through the heart of the city. Open top buses allow you to enjoy full 360 degree panoramic views. You have the choice of a 24 - 48 - 72 hours ticket with which to make use of all the stops in the most beautiful, cultural and evocative areas of the Eternal city.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Beware of this fraudulent company! I booked through Viator on this tour company. Thanks to Viator I was stranded for half a day waiting for their bus to turn up. I had to pay for a second set of tickets so as not to waste the rest of my day!

Viator refunded the money, however, I fail to understand why Viator chooses to keep this tour company on its website! Not expected from Viator!

I guess Greenline Tours, Christiana Roma, Trambus Open Tours and City Sightseeing Roma all operated buses on a regular schedule. My advice would be to book with them on spot and avoid booking through Viator no matter what the discount is!

2  Thank Shubhsd

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I only read the reviews after I purchased the tickets from Viator, got to Rome, and waited...waited...waited...for a bus that never came. Another tour bus company told us that Rome Open Tour is not sanctioned by the city, which is why is only has one bus. Heartbreaking as you watch all the other hop on/hop off buses driving past you! DO NOT BY THESE TICKETS! There are other reputable vendors to use.

3  Thank szalgirl
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We bought 2 tickets at a newsstand where it was advertized that there was a bus every 20-25 minutes. We found out real quick that that was a big lie. They only operated 1 bus which took 2 hours for each trip around Rome and the last bus left the Termini at 3:30 PM. We only got to use the bus one time and paid almost 50 Euro for 2 tickets. The bus doesn't stick to the schedule and bypasses stops at random. More than once we stood and waited for hours with no bus ever showing up and us ending up having to take a taxi or walk to get back to our room. DON'T BUY TICKETS for this RIPOFF. You're better and cheaper off, happier and make more use of your time in Rome to walk, taking a cab, regular busses or the subway.

1  Thank plculiNC
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked this hop on/hop off bus tour through Viator but it is nothing as advertised.....STAY AWAY !!!! (NOTICE THE ALL-CAPS)......they tell you 20-25 minute bus intervals but they only had 2 buses operating and that they only ran every hour and on top of that one bus had no audio to tell you the history of the sights. Not only that but they said the last bus would run till about 4:15-4:30 on its way back to Termini Station. I would suggest the 110 tour bus, Ciao Roma, or the (red) Sightseeing Rome bus as I saw they were very frequent and operated into the night. I almost ditched my Open Tour ticket for one of the others if not for the fact that I pre-paid throug Viator.......BEWARE !!!!!!

3  Thank camara73
Reviewed March 29, 2013

It says 24 hours ticket. But only 2 buses operates, You have to wait for at least 1hour, no bus after 4 pm. If you hop off you cant hop on- full bus! Don't use this company!

3  Thank Bibbi1910