“Either incredibly overpriced or incredibly stingy!”

Ristorante Pastificio SanLorenzo
Ranked #4,820 of 12,764 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The food is pretty good here, and the service was also nice. However, depending on how you look at it, either the prices are good but the portions are incredibly miserly (especially the "carbonara" which is something like five small pieces of fresh pasta filled with a carbonara sauce -- literally!), or alternatively for someone who is not hungry, the portions are OK but then you are paying a lot for such a portion. BTW, don't bother bringing the kids, NO kids' menu during the week (only Sunday brunch). That means you are going to be shelling out 12 for five little pieces of pasta for your little angel as well. Come on, it's not THAT nice of a restaurant to not have a couple dishes for kids. Overall, I would not be interested in returning here.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We ate dinner here 2 nights in a row. My wife and I plus kids (ages 14 and 11). The food was outstanding and the chef even sent out a complimentary appetizer for us (on both nights). Neither night was crowded (Fri and Sat) but we were a little early (7pm). The service was good but on the second night they must have forgotten my sons order. We had finished our meal before he got his. The desserts were outstanding and I loved the pudding with passion fruit sauce. The menu was in English and the food is a little pricey. The average price for 4 people was about 130 euro. This included soda, wine and dessert.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were in Rome for our honeymoon and loved our lunch so much that we went back for dinner another night! While I can say that the dinner didn't quite live up to the lunch (it was very crowded that night) we were both very happy with our food and wine. I would gladly come back. I simply can't understand the current 3.5 star rating on tripadvisor and must attribute it to being a higher end (read more expensive than norm) restaurant in San Lorenzo. Go Pastificio!!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We found this restaurant via the Wallpaper travel guide. Staying at the other end of Via Tiburtina (400+) the walk was far from pleasant in the evening (slightly deserted and odd neighbourhood near Tiburtina Station), but this restaurant made up for it. Good service, delicious amuse, tasty food and normal portions. The staff is friendly and keeps a close eye on empty water bottles. Audience is nice mix of different ages and nationalities. Can bring your friends, but also go on a date here.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

While my friends and I wouldn't have gone out of our way to come here and eat (there are so many restaurants in Rome), because our apartment was in the neighborhood we came across this place. The food is pretty good - the dinner portions are sized well if you are ordering a typical Italian meal with four courses but are a bit small if you are ordering an appetizer and one dish as your meal. The pasta dishes were tasty and the appetizers (e.g., the broccoli flan) are straightforward. They open at 20:00 and so, it really picks up around 21:00 but for the first hour, it was pretty quiet (which my friends and I appreciated). Overall, a good experience and great place to eat if you are in the neighborhood.

1  Thank Elise A

Been to Ristorante Pastificio SanLorenzo? Share your experiences!