“MIXED FEELINGS”

Ranked #380 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“MIXED FEELINGS”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I love this Hotel, from it's location to the Vatican to the quaint al fresco bar next door. Service by the male front desk manager was tops. Truely the best. After complaining that the rooftop bar hasn't been open for 5 years now, and still isn't although it's prominatly described and shown on the hotels web site. I loved the location for drinks and the great view of the vatican, but really closed 4 or 5 years for what a dining room employee said was "a work in progress"?
But i was upgrated to a 3 room suite with a jacuzzi room and all was well. Hell i can sit down on the sidewalk for that kind of treatment.
Again for the overaall experience, I will stay at the star of my next trip next year.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Quaint and small but cozy rooms. Very close to the vatican and other tourist attractions in Rome. Very helpful staff and good breakfast. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pillows are too small
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cairo
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is definitely not an international 4 star but it's a decent 3 star. Staff is helpful and breakfast is adequate except the Cappuccino and Espresso are really good as the rest of Rome. The location is great. The room smelled a little funny but overall was clean and the bathroom was good and clean.
All in all I would stay in this hotel again provided I can get a good offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view, otherwise it's too dark.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I found this hotel great. Beautiful room, polite staff, amazing view of St.Peter's Basilica from my room on the fifth floor (and from the restaurant on the top floor). Location is central and I was able to walk everywhere. Breakfast was satisfactory and my companion and I had a relaxing break. Simple!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a jacuzzi....I think most rooms have it but still make sure they give you one.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Ask a question, get a smRoundtheWorldirk. And a sudden switch to Italian to talk about what an idiot you are. I wanted to extend my stay for three nights and told them on the second day, my fault. One night was not available but they thought there might be a cancelation, I wanted to start looking for a new hotel that day but was assured not to worry because with their connections to other hotels I would be taken care of, they would contact other hotels and find me a room. A "note" was placed in my file to ensure this. But when the fateful day arrived and I went to the desk early to see where I stood I found there was no note but was told that checkout time was at noon. Then those ugly words, "not my job" and a blank stare appeared. Don't you just love that phrase? I was to hit the streets and find another room in two hours or sleep in the alley. I had to badger the clerk to call (just one hotel) four blocks away. Atlante Star had four hotel vans parked outside but made me walk to my new hotel dragging three pieces of luggage. A few days later they called my new, cheaper, hotel and tried to get my CC # for some unpaid charges. Luckily the new hotel told me instead of giving up my CC#. I walked back to the Atlante Starless and mysteriously they knew nothing about any charges, this is when the smirking started. They have a rooftop garden, but it was "out of order", funny stuff. I guess the plants are on strike. They do have a nice desk clerk named Nico but he is IQ challenged. He gave me directions on a map, drew lines and everything, too bad it was the wrong direction two different times. One of the breakfast meats at the 15 euro meal was hot dogs. And no mustard in sight. Maybe you get mustard with the overpriced dinner. I think the employees hate working there and need to move on.

Room Tip: Different hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank tcrowley11

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We enjoyed the stay in our honeymoon - it was great, we really appreciate the room. Even the service was excellent. Breakfast was just okay.

Room Tip: Suite 515 was excellent. You get a view to St.Pauls while sitting in the whirlpool in your bathroom...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fordyce, Nebraska
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Excellent location to visit Vatican City and good for central Rome sites too. Larger property then most hotels we stayed in in Italy, with great views of the Vatican from top-floor restaurant. Comfortable rooms, bathtub/shower combo were nice, but would be challenging for older or larger people. Street noise, but not more than to be expected in a downtown location. Staff was very accomodating.

Room Tip: Ask for interior room - off street side.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends