TripAdvisor
Rome
Post
Inbox
Search

“Very imperssed by th hospitality”
Review of Ristorante Da Nino

Ristorante Da Nino
Ranked #1,692 of 14,948 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Monti
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have visited this place with my classmates and teachers. The only thing I got on my mind is how much I am grateful and impressed by the hospitality and the quality of food that this lovely place affords. If I was to recommend a good place to eat and enjoy yourself to literally anyone I would tottaly point out this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (635)

Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

We went in just before it got busy. John Pero (I think that's how you spell it. Young male waiter) He was so nice. Once he seated us he got us bread and olive oil etc and the wifi password!
We ordered the penne in chilli sauce and fettuccine with mushrooms and clams and fries and salad with 2 beers and an espresso which came to approx. €47.
The food was delicious. It came out quick and tasted fresh. John was quick and was working so hard when it got busy.
We would go back again!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 22, 2019

This place looked nice on the outside and had a good menu selection. The food (salmon pasta and crab pasta) was average/nice however the service was abrupt and rude.
We asked for tap water and were charged 3.50 for a bottle of tap water. We advised we did not want bread and they said it was included but were still charged a service charge (although we ate none as it was hard).
Overall I would choose somewhere different next time as the food was not above a standard worth the poor service.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 27, 2019

We went to Da Nino despite reading some negative reviews because it was close by and heavy rains limited our options. Pay no mind to the critics. It was as good as we’ve had anywhere in a two weeks in Italy. No, it’s not a Michelin star kind of place. It is affordable and snob-free. We had really good tripa for anti-pasta, a beautiful salad and a nice carbonara for primi, superb grilled shrimp and steak for secondi, and really nice lemon tart for desert. The dinner accompanied with a top shelf Parma red, and deliciously cold limoncello with the desert. The service wasn’t just friendly, it was warm. In addition to our waiter we were looked after by the owner’s wife and their son. The place was full and the feeling relaxed. About half the crowd were regulars or frequent visitors from the neighborhoods. RECOMMENDING WITHOUT RESERVATIONS.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

We had pizza (way below average) and salmon creamy pasta (good). Service was really bad. It seems like people are having a very hard time servicing they just wont bother to try to be nice. Don’t recommend at all.

Date of visit: May 2019

Been to Ristorante Da Nino? Share your experiences!