“Service not included? Beggars...”
Review of Belli de Mamma - CLOSED

Belli de Mamma
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I had an average experience, pizza came out quickly but was cold and the ingredients were cheap (canned, flavorless). The house red was ok, the service prompt but truly weird with smirks and side ways looks after everything we said (my pronunciation likely sucks). When we collected the bill the shifty eyed waiter said 'service not included', perhaps dealing with American tourists who are embarrassed not to tip made him think we'd hand over some extra dough.... he knew we were Australian, so here's a fact, Australians don't tip unless we want to, and I certainly don't tip beggars.

1  Thank eatatjoes563

Reviewed December 29, 2012

They serve crispy, thin pizza here. Not traditional pizza. It wasn't very good and the service was kind but very slow ( 1 hour to get pizza). Look elsewhere. Nice atmosphere.

1  Thank FMSims
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Tried this place solely because there had been some good reviews on Tripadvisor, even though it violated two of my normal rules for choosing a restaurant - place should have more customers than others beside it (was empty), and waiter should be polite (wasn't; seated me in a far corner where my elbows hit the wall, when there were 12 totally empty tables available).

I ordered a Pizza Bianca con Porcini e Salsiccia (cheese, porcini mushrooms, and sausage). When it arrived, it was just cheese, so I asked the waiter what it was. He tried to make out that all I had ordered was Bianca (cheese only), even though there was no such entry in their menu. When I started speaking in broken but understandable Italian, he said "sorry, we ran out of sausage, will prosciutto be okay?" I said okay.

Two minutes later he came back with the same pizza with a few slices of prosciutto thrown on top. So I asked where the porcini was. His answer was that they had run out of that, too, and clearly wanted me to shut up and just eat it. Only when I persisted did he ask me to make an alternate choice, which eventually came and was satisfactory but in no way remarkable.

Clearly, to ward off boredom, this waiter was playing some kind of game of "let's see how stupid this foreigner is", and it was in plain sight of the apparent owner or manager. Boo!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Casual place for lunch, mostly italian business people. Along with another table, we were the only tourists. Great thin pizza!!!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were recommended by a friend to visit Il Buffato around the corner but it was closed and so took the flyer from the door to this place (just around the corner). The stuffed olives and zucchini flowers were excellent and the pizza was thin-crusted and very good. (It was the thinnest crust we found during our visit to Rome). The pizza was huge and so pleased we only ordered one to share. They only accept cash payment.