“Fantastic Evening Vatican Tour!”
Review of Access Italy Tours

Access Italy Tours
Ranked #308 of 811 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Access Italy provides Private and Small Group (maximum of 12) tours throughout Italy. "O Magazine" and "Extra", among others, have featured Access Italy as the best way to tour Italy. Professionalism and tradition kept Access Italy in business for the past 30 years.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic time on our one in a lifetime evening tour of the Vatican! Lead by Chiara Ferralis, a local Roman archaeologist, she tooks us through all the nooks and crannies over our three hours through the silent and practically empty corridors of one of the most beautiful places in the world. Special shout-out to Chiara who knew everything! She answered all of our questions, provided amazing context for the wonders we were seeing and even gave us the underground irreverent take on the art as well. Cannot recommend this adventure enough.

5  Thank Heath C

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were in Italy for 18 days. Access Italy planned ALL of our tours in Rome, the Amalfi Coast, Florence and Venice. They made the trip for my husband and I PERFECT!! They have the absolute best tour guides and drivers. It is well worth the expense to have them do your tours!!

13  Thank Kristi I
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The only way to see the Vatican! I've done the general tour and can say this tour is worth every penny. Though somewhat pricey, there early morning Vatican tour was definitely worth it.

Our guide was very knowledgable and always focused on making sure we got the most from our tour. I highly recommend Access Italy and will definitely hire them again for Italy!

Booking was very easy. They were very communicative. Really a great company.

3  Thank Darren K
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Milica from Access Italy did such an amazing job of arranging our travel itinerary to Italy. We simply told her where we would like to go and what we would like to do and she put it all together for us. From Rome, Positano, Florence, Tuscany and Venice, with private tours arranged and prepaid for the two of us with excellent English speaking guides, private transfers when we needed and 1st class train tickets all booked and paid for before we even got there. It was stress free traveling experience. I also want to thank Valentina for her brilliant work. When we were going to miss our train due to traffic in Naples, she simply changed the ticket to the next train in an hour time, so we didn't lose our money. For accommodation, we simply gave an indication of budget and Milica provided a couple of options per location, which we checked out on trip adviser of course, and made our choice. Milica made the bookings directly with all the hotels, but we paid at check out each time. What a fabulous way to travel privately (not in a big tour group) and thoroughly recommend Access Italy to everybody looking for the perfect tailor made holiday.

4  Thank Jacques R
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We first used Access Italy in 2007 when my husband and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary. We were there for 3 weeks and started our trip in Positano and ended our stay in Venice. Access Italy was there all the way...from airport pickup, city transport, tours, etc. Each destination we toured was explained with such tremendous enthusiasm and knowledge, that we felt we were living in the time period in which each city was built. In September 2012, we revisited Rome with friends and decided to visit the Vatican again. Once again, Access Italy was our choice of tour companies. We had Angelo as our guide and were totally mesmerized by our experience. His knowledge and wit made our tour with him the highlight of our trip. I feel so incredibly blessed to have happened upon his company back in 2007. I continue to tell family and friends that if they truly want to see Italy, they have to see it through the eyes of the very talented and knowledgeable guides at Access Italy. When we return, we will once again be calling upon Angelo and his incredible team to take us around. Thank you for everything! Even though it has been almost a year since we last used Access Italy, I think of our tours constantly. Until we meet again....

2  Thank Lois C