“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Dinner only. Ancient roman restaurant, roman cuisine, fresh fish, suitable for romantic dinners. Outdoor tables, wifi. Pianobar.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My brother and sister in law recommended this restaurant and so I booked a table for us tonite to celebrate my dad's birthday... What an amazing dining experience! First off I felt like family from the moment I entered. The food was simply delicious. I had the lasagna which was recommended anD it had a wonderful blend of mushroom and beef in a beschsmel sauce. The desserts were equally amazing. I had told the restaurant it was my dads birthday during my reservation and without any further word from me, they came out and surprised him with a piece of wonderful Sicilian cassata cake while the guitarist sang burn compleanno. The guitarist enhanced the mood in this warm and cozy environment. If I lived in Rome this would be my regular place...gracie mille!! Charles Alaimo

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a great restaurant that is very close to Piazza del Popolo.
The food was amazing, everything was home made and tasted amazing.
If you are in the area, I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great location, staff, great service, varied menu and great appetisers. Great value for money, much cheaper and nicer than the tourist hot spots. It's nice to eat in a traditional restaurant. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

First meal we had in Italy and it was great. Really liked the atmosphere of this Osteria. The food was really tasty, abundant portions, reasonably priced, and the service was attentive but not rushed. They really seemed to take pride in preparing a great meal. There was even a guitar player who showed up to offer live dinner music. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

When he heard that I would be traveling to Rome, my 50 year old son said, "Mom, I've been to a great restaurant that is off the main tourist track and you must go there." Since he has dined all over the world in the best of the best, I took his advice. Osteria St. Ana was his pick and I discovered it to be the best meal of my trip to Italy. From the first course of seafood to the grilled fresh vegetables and delicious lamb chops with a fabulous finish of chocolate, the meal was perfect. The house wine was full bodied and excellent quality. Roberto Quagliarini and his brother run a first class restaurant with outstanding service at a very reasonable cost. I visited St. Ana with two friends and we all agreed it was the perfect spot to celebrate the end of our Italy visit.