“The Best of Rome”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Dinner only. Ancient roman restaurant, roman cuisine, fresh fish, suitable for romantic dinners. Outdoor tables, wifi. Pianobar.
Sandy Springs, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best of Rome”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

When he heard that I would be traveling to Rome, my 50 year old son said, "Mom, I've been to a great restaurant that is off the main tourist track and you must go there." Since he has dined all over the world in the best of the best, I took his advice. Osteria St. Ana was his pick and I discovered it to be the best meal of my trip to Italy. From the first course of seafood to the grilled fresh vegetables and delicious lamb chops with a fabulous finish of chocolate, the meal was perfect. The house wine was full bodied and excellent quality. Roberto Quagliarini and his brother run a first class restaurant with outstanding service at a very reasonable cost. I visited St. Ana with two friends and we all agreed it was the perfect spot to celebrate the end of our Italy visit.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A tasty find”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My friends made reservations here and I had no idea what to expect. The restaurant was charming, the staff was helpful and attentive, with good english skills to my poor italian. I had the pecorino with honey as an appetizer, along with sharing some crispy artichokes - I could be addicted, and grilled lamb with roasted potatoes and grilled vegetables. The house wine was good, not the best I've had, but for the price it was nice. I would definitely go back on my next visit to Rome.

Moraira
“Gone Downhill - AVOID”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have visited this restaurant on a number of occasions, but think it is steadily going downhill which is a real shame.
The food used to be fantastic, but now it is just ok and the good service has disappeared and is now awful. Only half of our starters arrived, so I asked how long the others would be, they never arrived, then our main courses arrived when we had not finished the starters, it felt like we were being rushed. After this speedy service we then had to ask twice for them to take the dirty plates away - I think 25 minutes sitting with dirty plates is excessive. Our waiter then had the nerve to write on the bill TIP and told us the bill does not include tip.......... how rude and not very Italian !
There are such fantastic restaurants in Rome there is no excuse for awful service and poor food and then asking for a tip ! - I would avoid

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Dont go!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Poor service and food that we had to send back, it was a special anniversary for us and we went here on the hotel recommendation, big mistake!! If you only like Pasta and poor service, you are okay, this is the place for you.

Durham, North Carolina
“Great neighborhood restuarant”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ate here our last night in Rome, based on a recommendation from our hotel. We wish we would have known about it sooner. We had a mixed seafood antipasti, all fresh and delicious. The baked pecorino cheese with truffles was wonderful. Our pasta puttenesca flavorful, and tuna tartare nicely seasoned. Along with a bottle of wine, our total bill was 69 Euros. Probably the best value we found in Rome.

Visited June 2013