“If you do just one activity, do this! ”

Cooking Classes in Rome
Ranked #2 of 63 Classes & Workshops in Rome
Dearborn, Michigan
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“If you do just one activity, do this! ”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a fabulous afternoon at this cooking class. Chef Andrea is very personable, informative and patient. With 12 cooks in the kitchen, he has to be! Things were very well organized and everyone participated. We worked as a group preparing a wonderful meal. He explained about Roman traditional cooking, and told us how to separate the authentic restaurants from the fakes. When it was all done, I have to say this was the best meal I've had here since I came over a week ago. I can't wait to go home and try his recipes! Ingredients were all fresh and simple. I highly recommend this class..

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience! Would do it again!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I booked this class with my two best friends, and it was a treat! We learned how to make noodles from scratch, and learned how to properly make eggplant. The whole experience lasted about 5 hour and was well worth it. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has a little extra time in Rome. Authentic food, just a wonderful experience. I will go again when I am in Rome.

Maryland
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Terrific experience!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you are at all interested in food, and especially authentic Italian cuisine, you should treat yourself to one of Chef Andrea's grand cooking classes. We were part of a 10-person class that all pitched in, under the Chef's direction, to prepare a full, traditional Italian 3-course meal. Our menu included stuffed, fried pumpkin blossoms, pasta with tomato cause, and custard with cooked peaches for desert. We made all of the ingredients from scratch, including the pasta, which I had never seen made before. Once the dough was ready, we rolled it into strips and cut it into small bits that were rolled over a small wooden mold to form the shells. Everything else was done the same way and we really enjoyed our feast after about 3 hours in the kitchen. Everyone in our group chose to add the wine pairing to the meal and this added a lot as the Chef explained to us what each wine was and why it was chosen for a particular course.

Chef Andrea greeted us with some of his tiramisu, coffee and juice, which we enjoyed while he explained how the day would unfold and what he hoped we would get out of it. Then, the aprons were handed out and it was down to work. One of the main things I got out of this was that cooking a really excellent gourmet meal is not as hard as it might seem, thus everyone's confidence was improved, regardless of how much prior cooking experience each of us had (and this was clearly a group that was comfortable in the kitchen and liked food experiences).

Perhaps most important, Chef Andrea brings an enthusiasm and love to his work that is rarely seen in any field. Many times he referred to his kitchen as his home, or the place where he lives, since he really does spend a lot of time there.

In our 2 1/2 weeks traveling through Switzerland and Italy, this ranks as one of our most memorable days.

1 Thank Allen W
Tennessee, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Everything I had hoped for!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We attended Chef Andrea's cooking class last week. This was such a great experience I couldn't wait to get back home to TripAdvisor and write a rave review. This "attraction" is our number one recommendation in Rome. I would go back again and again. How does this sound for a menu - Fiori di Zucco (pumpkin flowers) with prosciutto/eggplant and mozzarella with tomato pesto dipping sauce, homemade cavatelli pasta with eggplant and tomato Sicilian style sauce, chicken breasts with orange sauce, Roman style broccoli, and crema al limone con Pesche al Brandy. YUM! And our group of 10 made it all. In addition to the great cooking and commentary by Chef Andrea it was a really great experience to meet fellow travelers (from the US like us, Japan, and Australia) and spend time cooking and getting to know them. Chef Andrea and his wife Erica make everyone feel comfortable and at ease - it really was as if we had stepped into their kitchen at home and were all eating and laughing around the dining room table afterward enjoying the fruits of our labor. Even when we made minor mistakes Chef Andrea was quick to show us how it is never a disaster - we can always rescue the dish. I would give this 10 stars is possible. If you just have a few days in Rome plan to spend at least part of one day with Chef Andrea. You will be SO happy you did!

Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fun, fun, fun!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We attended Chef Andrea's class during our stay in Rome, my two teenage daughters and me. Overall 12 people attended the class: except from us a family from Australia with their two daughters, the youngest who was 11 years old; a family from Norway and one person from Hong Kong. Chef Andrea explained and told stories. He involved everyone in the cooking including the children. He went forward to those of us with special needs (two of us are vegetarian). Once we finished cooking we sat down and ate what we prepared. This proved to be one of our best meals in Italy!!!