Review Highlights

from $77.40
from $90.60
from $152.50
1,134 results
All reviews chef andrea wine pairing roman cuisine pasta cooking class with chef tiramisu highly recommend this class great teacher cooking school highlight of our trip italian food learning how learned how learn how prosciutto grazie mille his passion
Reviewed yesterday

You MUST do this!! Chef Andrea made this the best part of my Rome trip! He educated, entertained, guided, course corrected and fed our group of 12. He was skillful in allowing each of us to participate to the extent we wished and kept everyone engaged through questions, comments, encouragement or gently making fun. Not only did we learn 4 authentic recipes, but he also gave advice on local restaurants and how to eat seasonally, locally and traditionally. Fantastic day!

Reviewed yesterday

Cooking classes in Rome was fabulous. We made everything and learned so much about seasonal, traditional and regional Italian cooking. I highly recommend this class. No wasted time in market -- it's all informative and instructional.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Chef Andrea holds a very high standard to authentic Roman cuisine and it definitely showed. Not only were the dishes absolutely delicious and fresh, but the presentation was as equally amazing. He kept telling us that we eat with ours eyes first and he was totally right. I completely understand why his ratings are so high. He explained everything so detailed but easy to understand. He gave us a list of places to go afterwards for amazing Roman cuisine and gave us tips to avoid tourist traps. Chef Andrea loves what he does and it shows. I’d highly recommend him if you are in Rome.

Reviewed 4 days ago

This review is overdue. A little over a year ago my daughter purchased this class for the two of us for my birthday. This was a true Roman experience. Andrea is well versed in the traditional and local foods - produce that is in season and regionally specific to Rome. I love cooking and used to live with a close friend who was a fantastic professional chef. I also worked in restaurants to put myself through university so it's not like i was starting from scratch. But I learned SO MUCH from Andrea.
He knows food in a deep way - in terms of the chemistry, how to source the best local produce, and of course how to make it all taste incredible.
He's a funny person, too. And quite demanding as captain of his "ship."
Thank you Andrea for the memorable day.

Reviewed 5 days ago

What a fun class. Chef Andrea was a very good teacher. I consider myself an experienced cook, but I learned quite a lot of new things. There were eight of us in the class. The perfect size for everyone to get hands on almost everything. The recipes were easy, using fresh local products, with alternative suggestions for products not readily available to me in Canada. Chef provided recipes with full instructions after the class, so no worrying about taking notes. After cooking the meal,6 dishes, we all sat down and enjoyed the feast we had prepared. Of course there was the appropriate wine with every course.I highly recommend this class. It’s laid back, casual,fun, but at the same time truly educational.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was privileged to take a class with Chef Andrea and two of my adult daughters on my recent visit to Rome. It was a repeat visit for my girls as they loved their first class so much. He is both knowledgeable and entertaining. From start to finish, the complete experience was top notch. The food was excellent! Can’t recommend this class highly enough.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my second time taking a cooking class with Chef Andrea. He doesn't disappoint! We had a wonderful time learning about food in Italy, as well as tips for restaurants and for cooking in general. We made SO much food and it was all delicious! We can't wait to make it here at home. Thanks for another great class!

Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first time visiting Rome and with so much to see and do planning an itinerary was overwhelming. I would highly recommend Chef Andrea's cooking class to anyone who wants to experience culture in addition to cuisine. Chef Andrea has extensive knowledge regarding the history of Roman and Italian cuisine and of the neighborhoods where the foods are found. He gets to know everyone personally during the class and does an amazing job of keeping everyone busy cooking but still allowing time for conversation. The dishes were delicious and helped us to compare traditional roman food with italian food. If while traveling you enjoy great food (and wine) and quality companionship, this class is definitely for you!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Take a break from the dazzling sights of The Eternal City and discover the delights of Roman cuisine!Chef Andreas has more cooking tips and techniques to share than the 5 hour class can cover. His energy and enthusiasm are truly inspiring.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Before I begin, I will start by saying my father does not cook. Needless to say, I was very surprised when he suggested we take Andrea's class per a word of mouth recommendation from one of his good friends.

The class was both entertaining and educational. Chef Andrea's personality kept us on our toes as he thoughtfully guided us through his kitchen. We appreciated the local, seasonal ingredients as he highlighted the tastes of Roma. We laughed, we learned, but most importantly we ate. Boy, did we eat! The menu selected was very safe for the home cook without being too simple for the more advanced. I was proudly able to exclaim "Not like I made in Italy!" to pasta when I came back to my home state of Washington. We opted for the wine pairing. Also a must since the wines are carefully selected to pair with each course. We were also blown away by the selection of homemade jams and lemoncello (which we quickly regretted only purchasing one bottle).

I highly, HIGHLY recommend this class. Yes, your belly will be full but so will your heart as you will be treated like a family member. This will be a repeat class when we come back to Roma. Thank you Chef!

1  Thank carlylampela