“Great for those who love to cook and even for those who just love to eat!”

Cooking Classes in Rome
Ranked #2 of 62 Classes & Workshops in Rome
Austin, Texas
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 263 helpful votes
“Great for those who love to cook and even for those who just love to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

A absolutely wonderful experience for any level of "cook." If even you don't like to cook and really don't want to learn, you can do a little chopping and helping out in the kitchen and have one of the best meals in Rome. As others have said, Andrea is both knowledgeable and incredibly charming. We had two little kids in our class and he was just amazing with them. My husband and I are both pretty good cooks and we still learned a lot. We now feel confident to make our own pasta and believe it is worth the time. Who knew how important durum flour is?? We learned how to make an awesome eggplant parmesan and chocolate souffle. Also learned how to make our own pizza and some really good meatballs. A little tip...keep the skin on your garlic...that is where all the nutrients are.

Now here is a little subtle tip the others reviews have not yet mentioned. The group size is 12. We happened to be with a group that incuded 8 people from the same family. They were a really nice family. But, we couldn't help feeling like we were sort of "tag alongs" to their family event. I wish we had been more groups of 2 or 3. I think it would have made it a different experience. I also think the menu choice would have been different had there not been two very young children in the party. On the one hand, that is what makes this fun. And we loved the menu. On the other hand, I would love to have the experience again with three or four other couples. And we would definitely do this again.

Super nice people, great time, learned a lot. Hope to see them again. Great value for the money. Add the wine pairings. Well worth the 20 euro.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank austinjjc

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
“Great life experience especially for our 13 year old boy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was a fun easy day in Rome and great place for my son to learn to make his own pasta then eat it . Andrea is a warm host who shares all knowledge of local foods and history of the area. It is a must do in Rome. Thank you Andrea for the fun memories.

San Diego, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Must do if you're in Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Chef Andrea teaches such a great class! Not only was it really fun, but he is really knowledgable and we learned a great deal from his class. The food we made was amazing. Great menu and the ingredients are all local. This is something you have to try if you're visiting Rome. You won't be disappointed. Loved the class!

Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Delicious meal, great value......would do it again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very easy to reserve via email. You pay a portion of the cost on PayPal and the rest in cash euros after your lesson. One of the great things about this place is that in correspondence prior to your lesson you are asked what you can't or don't eat. It made it less intimidating for a picky eater like myself.
The classes are held in an interesting area of Rome with narrow cobbled streets near Santa Maria church in TRASTEVERE. The place itself is very nicely done and looks much like a cosy restaurantI.
We were greeted by Erica who is very lovely, warm and welcoming. Our class of 11 people were English speaking and instruction was in English. We were a mix of Canadians, Australians,Dutch and Israeli. Everyone was friendly and it was fun working together.
The kitchen is small but accommodated all of us. It was very clean which I greatly appreciated. Andrea, our chef, explained things well and gave us bits of historical information though out the day as well as preparation and cooking instructions. The menu was perfect for me and I
couldn't have picked a better one for my tastes.......fried neapolitan pizza (light and fluffy, no grease) with delicious Tomato sauce, arugula and cheese; gnocchi style pasta made with semolina flour (not potato) and artichokes and pork; chicken stuffed with spinach, cheese and pork, and dessert was a cherry jam and ricotta torte. Everything was so delicious and one of the best meals I have had. It all went together very well. I took part in the wine pairing and enjoyed the selections all of which come from the region as does the food you prepare.
It was good value......wonderful four course meal,wine pairings and cooking lessons for two for 170 euro, less if you choose not to include wine. I enjoyed myself and would like to do it again.

“Amazing day of cooking, eating, learning and laughing. So much fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My fiancé and I took the cooking class on Valentines Day (feb 14th). We showed up and their was already one person there talking to the Cef's wife at the table. So friendly and made us feel at home. We took a seat at the nice big dinner table and waited for the rest of the class to make their way in. We had some small bites to eat and some nice coffee while people started making their way in. We had a full house, 12 people in the class. Everything was amazin...the people we met, the chef and his wife, the food we got to learn to make and enjoy and all the stories in between.

We got the wine pairing with dinner and it was great! Everything we made was delicious and we had a lot of fun making it. Chef Andrea was a great teacher, talented chef and hilarious to listen to. He had us all laughing!

My fiancé and I still talk about that class and how much fun it was. So happy we did it and hope you do to! ~ enjoy!

Visited February 2013