“Must do if you're in Rome!”

Cooking Classes in Rome
Ranked #2 of 64 Classes & Workshops in Rome
San Diego, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Must do if you're in Rome!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Chef Andrea teaches such a great class! Not only was it really fun, but he is really knowledgable and we learned a great deal from his class. The food we made was amazing. Great menu and the ingredients are all local. This is something you have to try if you're visiting Rome. You won't be disappointed. Loved the class!

Visited March 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Delicious meal, great value......would do it again.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very easy to reserve via email. You pay a portion of the cost on PayPal and the rest in cash euros after your lesson. One of the great things about this place is that in correspondence prior to your lesson you are asked what you can't or don't eat. It made it less intimidating for a picky eater like myself.
The classes are held in an interesting area of Rome with narrow cobbled streets near Santa Maria church in TRASTEVERE. The place itself is very nicely done and looks much like a cosy restaurantI.
We were greeted by Erica who is very lovely, warm and welcoming. Our class of 11 people were English speaking and instruction was in English. We were a mix of Canadians, Australians,Dutch and Israeli. Everyone was friendly and it was fun working together.
The kitchen is small but accommodated all of us. It was very clean which I greatly appreciated. Andrea, our chef, explained things well and gave us bits of historical information though out the day as well as preparation and cooking instructions. The menu was perfect for me and I
couldn't have picked a better one for my tastes.......fried neapolitan pizza (light and fluffy, no grease) with delicious Tomato sauce, arugula and cheese; gnocchi style pasta made with semolina flour (not potato) and artichokes and pork; chicken stuffed with spinach, cheese and pork, and dessert was a cherry jam and ricotta torte. Everything was so delicious and one of the best meals I have had. It all went together very well. I took part in the wine pairing and enjoyed the selections all of which come from the region as does the food you prepare.
It was good value......wonderful four course meal,wine pairings and cooking lessons for two for 170 euro, less if you choose not to include wine. I enjoyed myself and would like to do it again.

“Amazing day of cooking, eating, learning and laughing. So much fun”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My fiancé and I took the cooking class on Valentines Day (feb 14th). We showed up and their was already one person there talking to the Cef's wife at the table. So friendly and made us feel at home. We took a seat at the nice big dinner table and waited for the rest of the class to make their way in. We had some small bites to eat and some nice coffee while people started making their way in. We had a full house, 12 people in the class. Everything was amazin...the people we met, the chef and his wife, the food we got to learn to make and enjoy and all the stories in between.

We got the wine pairing with dinner and it was great! Everything we made was delicious and we had a lot of fun making it. Chef Andrea was a great teacher, talented chef and hilarious to listen to. He had us all laughing!

My fiancé and I still talk about that class and how much fun it was. So happy we did it and hope you do to! ~ enjoy!

Visited February 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A day well spent in Rome”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked this based on TripAdvisor reviews and we weren’t disappointed. Despite our late notice email booking Chef Andrea was able to accommodate us, including checking any dietary requirements or preferences as he plans the menu taking into account the requirements of each group and the best ingredients in season. My friend and I had a great day, learnt a lot, met lovely people from around the world, ate amazing food and trialed fab wines. Chef Andrea is professional, knowledgeable and approachable. I was particularly impressed that he was able to manage a variety of levels of experience in the one session, giving extra detail to those interested and sticking with the basics for others. There was a young girl who attended with her parents on our day and she seemed to enjoy herself just as much as the rest of us. I’d highly recommend this as a day well spent in Rome to anyone.

Visited February 2013
York, UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Terrific day cooking with Chef Andrea”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

When I go abroad on holiday, I usually try to attend a cooking school to learn about the local cuisine and get a few tips for when I am attempting to cook the same type of dishes at home. I've always liked Italian food (well the savoury dishes) so knowing I was heading for Rome, I went online to look for a course. Chef Andrea's classes were highly rated on TripAdvisor so I emailed him mentioning that I was especially interested in learning about tomato based dishes and he replied quickly with dates available.

I attended the course on Thursday 7th March 2013 and I am delighted to report that previous positive reviews are all spot-on as I thought the course was excellent.

Our course had 12 students on it with people from USA, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, UK and even an Italian lady so good mix of nationalities. Indeed the day had a cosmopolitan feel to it as Chef Andrea is married to a rather bonny young American lady and she was the one who greeted us on arrival.

It was a very hands-on course with Chef Andrea demonstrating various techniques but with us students actually preparing and cooking the food. The group included two youngsters who had perhaps come reluctantly with their mother and father but they ended up getting more involved than their parents. Indeed Chef Andrea “volunteered” them each time for the messy jobs which they seemed to revel in much to everyone's amusement.

However what really surprised me about the whole experience was actually how simple Italian cooking is. I'll be honest and say I didn't know very much about Italian cuisine before attending but I left feeling I could now knock up similar dishes without any problems. Indeed in comparison to Asian food where you have to source a dozen different herbs and spices before you even start, everything we used in this Italian cooking class is readily available in my local supermarket. We also made pasta from scratch under the instruction of Chef Andrea and again I could not believe how straightforward the process actually is.

Once we had cooked our food, we all sat down and tucked into some great tasting dishes. I've never tasted fresh pasta before but it was delicious and quite different from anything you can buy in a shop.

If you're visiting Rome on holiday or have even the remotest interest in Italian cooking then I thoroughly recommend spending a day with Chef Andrea at his cooking school. He really opened my eyes to how easy it is to cook delicious tasting Italian food without breaking sweat or my wallet.

Visited March 2013