“Highlight of our trip!”

Lake Oswego, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I (we r in our fifties), spent a day learning to cook with Chef Andrea. It was awesome. He is funny, amd very knowledgeable about food and the differents regions of Italy and what they are famous for. I learned soooo much, like how to take out the inside of the garlic clove so they don't give you indigestion! We cooked for 5 hours and then had the meal that we had helped make, which was divine. I would do this class everytime I am in Rome....it was that much fun. Chef changes it up depending on who's coming and whats in season. I will highly recommend this class to whoever is going to Rome and likes to cook. It was a truly wonderful experience!!!!

Visited September 2012

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Just do this”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Every year my husband and I go to Rome for vacation and we thought about signing up for this class for over a year before we did it. We had a great time. Chef Andrea was patient and made sure everyone had a chance to participate. I debated the cost (65 euro per person and an additional 20 euro per person for the wine pairing) making this well over $200 per couple, but it is totally worth it. You are greeted by his wife with coffee and cookies and discuss the menu a little before jumping right in. We were there for over 5 hours and we have made one or more components of the meal at least 4 times since being home (which has only a month). Just take this class. You will love it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank lori7801
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun chef. Quality food. GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were welcomed very nicely by an adorable host. Chef Andrea tought us a lot about real italian cuisine, and about very interesting food facts. We worked with high quality and fresh ingredients, while we learned many useful cooking tips. and ofcourse we tasted many ingredients while working with them.
The chef and his wife were so nice and funny, we had a great time cooking with them and with others in the group.
Finally we sat down while they served us the food we made. after a great meal they were very kind to suggest different restaurants to each one of us, regarding our needs (price, location, cuisine)

VERY RECOMMENDED. WONT REGRET IT!!!

Visited December 2012
Boston
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience,value ...”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Group met at 10:00 am and I remember wondering around the neighborhood after completing our meal; it was 4:00 pm! A great value given the quality and professionalism of this husband/wife duo. It is also great for teens to senior!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Roma2011
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“5 courses, 5 hours and a 25k radius”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Roma is our last stop of seven weeks and I am fed up with tours and old things. So I was really pleased to find this cooking class as a a way to chill out for a day before Mrs got us back on the road. Chef Andrea and his north American partner Erica have a delightful way to ensure that you can experience the very best of Roma, the Lazza region and in a purist even evangelical way, to get it right. I was no fan of egg plant, nor artichoke. Having learnt now everything from what to buy, what to avoid, how to prepare and what to cook, both tasted great.

Learning the intricacies of cooking with garlic, the difference between buffalo mozzarella and cow's milk mozzarella, as well as supermarket and farmers market eggs has changed my whole thinking re produce. But this paled as Andrea implored the case for using seasonal, regional produce (25km's only) and enjoying the difference that each offers. He is not complementary of the need to use frozen anything.

Our class took all day, we stuffed up a couple of things which had to be done again, giving us the tiniest peek of a cranky chef with a kitchen full of wannabes. I 'butchered' my artichoke, someone else didn't have the sunflour oil hot enough and the custard, had to be completely redone. Andrea used these negatives to highlight their impact and was able to clearly show perfection against imperfection.

We cooked five courses. From scratch. I wondered how we would fill five hours. We did and then some. Andrea caters for allergies, preferences and even personalities (though none were as engaging as his). He communicates the passion for getting it right, for being authentic in Roman cuisine and for enjoying his country, his region and its produce.

He is a great advocate for Roma and I want to come back just to do another course.

Visited January 2013