“superb value”

Mangiafuoco
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2012

2 course plus wine, water, coffe service for 32 euros for 2 people. Marvellous!!

There are newer reviews for Mangiafuoco

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Entrées are not that good (was served cold garlic bread!) but the pasta more than makes up for it. Plentiful and tasty. Not the classy type, neighbourhood isn't charmful either (I was simply staying close by), but a reliable option.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stopped here for a late dinner, as the restaurant was very close to our hotel and the receptionist recommended it. It was one of the best meals we had while we were in Rome. The pizza was amazing!

Reviewed May 25, 2011

Visited this restaurant with my wife while we we were on vacation in Italy. We went in on a Wednesday around 9 pm local time and the service was horrible. We waited for almost an hour hour for our main course while we watched people who were seated after us being served. To make matters worse the manager/owner spent the time chatting at the next table with the people at the next table. We ordered Fettuccine and watched as people who ordered steaks after us got their food first. The staff are not courteous and would just plop your plate down or grab things from your table without even asking if you are finished. After asking why the food was taking so long, we waited another 10 minutes before the food was finally brought out. Some of the shrimp on my plate was just an empty shell and the fettuccine was not properly cooked and you could see the insides were not properly cooked.
We had seen enough at that point and simply paid for the starter and the wine and left disgusted. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

2  Thank Syntis75
Reviewed September 2, 2010

At first, the signs are all good when eating at Mangiafuoco. You're served with a complimentary glass of prosecco (always a good sign) and a polenta thing on a cocktail stick (which I'm not a fan of).

The food itself is not bad - the braesola with parmesan and rocket salad is pretty good and the main I had I was not bad either. What ruined the meal for me was that the bill took 30 minutes to reach my table (despite two other requests for it during that time).

They were very busy during this period, but obviously not so busy that one of the waitresses couldn't find time to play with a customer's child. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the bill.

When the bill was delivered by the young dark haired waitress, it was thrown onto the table as if I had inconvenienced her incredibly.

It is so tempting in situations such as this to get up and leave without paying. If they don't want my money, then that's fine by me.

1  Thank gnagnino