TripAdvisor

from $92.09
from $169.39
from $43.77
3,063 results
All reviews private tour vatican tour sistine chapel katie farrar stefania pistone story teller art history come alive perfect guide peter s basilica hour tour wonderful tour wealth of knowledge ask questions three hours highlight of our trip eternal city
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We totally enjoyed our early morning tour with Simone. He was so knowledgeable and friendly and maneuvered us easily through the crowds. Would highly recommend this tour as well as Simone. He’s the best!! Thank you Simone for making our trip so memorable

Date of experience: September 2019
EyesofRomeTeam, Tour Guide at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Friends!

I appreciate your positive review and most of all to hear you enjoyed our time together, which I did, too! I will be honored and glad to meet you again on your next trip to Italy! You have a friend in Rome!

Thank you!
Simone

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Barbara did a great job on our tour! She was thorough and knowledgeable. She ensured we were satisfied with the level of information provided during the tour. I highly recommend the private tour - it makes an amazing moment even more special! Highly recommend this company and Barbara!

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you for your lovely review, dear friend!

It was great to spend time with you and see you marveling at the beauty of this extraordinary city! I will love to meet you again on your next trip and share more stories and fun!

Once again thank you!
Barbara

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had 4 private tours with Eyes of Rome guides during our time in Rome and every single one was wonderful in their own right. They were very knowledgeable and accommodating. Our guide for the Vatican, Vatican museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peters (Karin) asked us if we preferred sculpture or paintings more so she knew where to focus more of our time. Our Caravaggio walking tour guide (Marida) was an absolute joy who had so much detail and joy to share I would have spent the week with her! Our guide for the Galleria Borghese was also wonderful and so knowledgeable. Our Coliseum guide (Elisa) went the extra mile for us to help me find and accompany me to the San Pietro en Vencoli (St Peter in Chains) church that houses the relics of the chains of St Peter and the Michelangelo statue of Moses. This church was close to the Coliseum but would have been a bit of a challenge to find on our own as it is down a small alley type street...so I will forever be grateful to her for this additional kindness! Our hotel booked these for us as we were unsure of the tour companies to choose at the time, but now I can tell you, Eyes of Rome is the best company and I would not hesitate to book from them again!

Dear friend,

This is Karin and I am happy to speak on behalf of my colleagues and thank you for the extensive review of our team job! We are glad you experienced the variety of approaches we offer at Eyes of Rome, as beside the stories and fact of Art and History, each of us adds his/her very own personal touch to each tour. It's great to celebrate new friendships each time and we are all here looking forward to welcoming you again in our unparalleled marvelous city!

A presto!
Karin

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Denis Pasolini arrived at my hotel a bit early for my evening tour of the Vatican and I am so grateful he did. He used that extra time to take me to the Palladium, as well as another famous square and fountain (spaced on the name but it was beautiful).

The tour of the Vatican was great, but made 1000 times better by the scholarly knowledge that Denis imparted throughout. His details were interesting and insightful. I've been on countless tours and so often they're dull. Not with the very handsome Denis.

The Vatican, as you've likely heard, is overwhelming in scope and art and beauty.

Truth is, I would've sped through this site on my own, but with Denis guiding me through with fascinating stories, I just relaxed into it and enjoyed.

Dear friend,

It's more than great to hear you enjoyed our time together so much, it was so nice touring with you and sharing the fascinating stories of this amazing city! You got the point when mentioning that touring with a private guide provides an extra ease and comfort to your holidays: it would be sad to wander among the streets and monuments of Rome without unveiling the countless stories, secrets and anecdotes they hide. Here's what we private guides are here for: to make your Roman movie set come true!

Grazie!
Denis

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pamela was fantastic! She had great knowledge of the sites we visited and had insights and stories that brought Ancient Rome alive.

Dear friends,

Grazie for appreciating the time together, it was great to tour with you and step into the city treasures on our tiptoes! Many more wonderful stories awaits you and I'll be happy to meet you again on your next trip to the Eternal city!

Ciao!