“Don't come to Rome and skimp on your tour of the Colosseum and Vatican.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eyes of Rome

Private Early Bird Vatican and St Peter's Basilica Tour with Hotel pick-up
Ranked #5 of 213 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visit Rome in the company of its most passionate admirers, us! Your Roman adventure is sure to be unforgettable with Eyes of Rome, a creative club of independent tour guides! You set the pace of the tour with your private guide, personally selected for you from our small team of enthusiastic professionals. You'll be captivated as your passionate guide helps bring Rome to life with a tour that is customized to your interests and energy level. We offer city walking tours, but we also provide bike and segway tours, and car services. We will accompany you off the beaten paths, to discover the historical and cultural heritage, sharing also the most local aspects of the Eternal City, like the arts & crafts, the food & wine and the best music, theatre and sport events.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Don't come to Rome and skimp on your tour of the Colosseum and Vatican.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

As a family of 4 Travelling from Australia to Italy is no cheap holiday. Having a private tour of both the Colosseum and Vatican was a small luxury that was worth every cent. Katie was our guide for the Colosseum. She managed to bring it to life over 4 hours. Our 14 and 12year old boys were enthralled.
"Tank"was our guide for 4 hours at the Vatican. He was funny and knowledgeable. We couldn't image how much we would of missed out without these two wonderful guides.

Visited July 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Tellers at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your appreciation! I have spent a great time with you and you can't imagine how much I would have missed out without meeting you!! Katie says Hello and we are already waiting for you to come and visit us again!
Tank and Katie :)

• Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome tour wwith Sylvia M. in Vatican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I just arrived home (7/3) from Italy. We spent three days in Rome and I must say that our private tour of the Vatican City with Sylvia Monte was the highlight of our entire trip! We did a couple of tours in other cities, but our "Eyes of Rome" tour package was unforgettable! It was a bit more expensive than the other group tours that we did, but having Sylvia's wealth of information all to ourselves was worth EVERY penny! She met us at the hotel at 9:15am and gave us the option of taxi or ride the metro with her by our side (12 minutes/saving $15 Euro). Her love for the city of Rome came out in every breath and word she spoke. She shared intimate details that we would never have gotten on a group tour! She answered our every question, plus some! She gave us some valuable insight and tips for the rest of our stay in Rome as well (Thanks, Sylvia!) My husband is a history buff (me, not so much!) and she engaged us in a knowledgeable, fun and memorable three hours! I cannot wait for my daughter/friends to tour with her in the middle of the month after she finishes her summer studies in Italy! This company has got it GOING ON!!!

Visited July 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
wow!! I've got no words to say how glad I'm that you liked our time together so much! I swear that it was the same for me! you say that your husband was interested in history while your weren't... well you were interested in all the rest!!! you made my day: I couldn't leave anything behind because the two of you had so wide and broad interests that nothing could remain unsaid!
I hope to see you soon back in Rome
PS you really have a beautiful a gentle daughter! she looks like coming out from a Vatican painting!!
Hugs and many many kisses to all of you!!!
Silvia
Carmel, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You must request Francesco for wine/food tour and the Coliseum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you want the ultimate in a wine/dining experience while in Rome, make sure to request Francesco as your guide. Not only was he a great storyteller of the historic sites on our walking tour, but he chose all the best places for my husband, daughter and myself to experience Proseco, varieties of Buffalo Mozarella and many other Italian specialties for the first time. He also made it a memorable and entertaining night for our daughter in celebrating her 21st birthday! The following day, Francesco took us on a walking tour through the city of Rome and Coliseum......he was knowledgeable and made our tour very interesting. Another nice touch.....he took the time to take our pictures which helped capture those special moments in time.

Visited June 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am so glad you had a good time with me, I had a great time with you too!
And thanks for taking me out Mozzarella tasting ; )
Big hug to all the family, ciao !
Francesco
Halifax, Canada
“Stefania Rocks the Vatican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We met some great Americans at a bar in Rome who raved about their Vatican tour, so we called their guide, Stefania. She met us the next day and we had a grand tour and made a great new friend. Great price and educational and she makes it so fun -- go figure! I've never known 4 people to be so entranced for 4 hours!

Visited May 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
You are rockin' me with this perfect review! I love rock and roll, so I'll remember your words for a long time as I still remember our beautiful experience together. You have been a continue surprise for me and a great satisfaction. Hope your Italian holiday has been the best ever. I was thinking of you yesterday, because I was in the Vatican with a group of friends from Canada with a great enthusiasm, the same you have shown to me that afternoon ... I really don't know how to thank you.
But I'll rock you again the next time :)
Stefania
North Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked a tour for the Vatican/St. Peter's. Our guide Maria was wonderful!! She was extremely knowledgeable and informative. She tailored our tour to us (traveling with a 4 month old) and on multiple occasions asked guards and staff if we could move through lines, security, ect. Can't recommend enough!!

Visited June 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thanks a lot for your nice review! It was the first time that I toured with a such new-born baby and I tried my best so that You could enjoy the museums! I'm really happy that You appreciated it!
All the best,