“You must request Francesco for wine/food tour and the Coliseum!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eyes of Rome

Private Early Bird Vatican and St Peter's Basilica Tour with Hotel pick-up
Ranked #13 of 756 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visit Rome in the company of its most passionate admirers, us! Your Roman adventure is sure to be unforgettable with Eyes of Rome, a creative club of independent tour guides! You set the pace of the tour with your private guide, personally selected for you from our small team of enthusiastic professionals. You'll be captivated as your passionate guide helps bring Rome to life with a tour that is customized to your interests and energy level. We offer city walking tours, but we also provide bike and segway tours, and car services. We will accompany you off the beaten paths, to discover the historical and cultural heritage, sharing also the most local aspects of the Eternal City, like the arts & crafts, the food & wine and the best music, theatre and sport events.
Carmel, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You must request Francesco for wine/food tour and the Coliseum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you want the ultimate in a wine/dining experience while in Rome, make sure to request Francesco as your guide. Not only was he a great storyteller of the historic sites on our walking tour, but he chose all the best places for my husband, daughter and myself to experience Proseco, varieties of Buffalo Mozarella and many other Italian specialties for the first time. He also made it a memorable and entertaining night for our daughter in celebrating her 21st birthday! The following day, Francesco took us on a walking tour through the city of Rome and Coliseum......he was knowledgeable and made our tour very interesting. Another nice touch.....he took the time to take our pictures which helped capture those special moments in time.

Visited June 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am so glad you had a good time with me, I had a great time with you too!
And thanks for taking me out Mozzarella tasting ; )
Big hug to all the family, ciao !
Francesco

• Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
“Stefania Rocks the Vatican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We met some great Americans at a bar in Rome who raved about their Vatican tour, so we called their guide, Stefania. She met us the next day and we had a grand tour and made a great new friend. Great price and educational and she makes it so fun -- go figure! I've never known 4 people to be so entranced for 4 hours!

Visited May 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
You are rockin' me with this perfect review! I love rock and roll, so I'll remember your words for a long time as I still remember our beautiful experience together. You have been a continue surprise for me and a great satisfaction. Hope your Italian holiday has been the best ever. I was thinking of you yesterday, because I was in the Vatican with a group of friends from Canada with a great enthusiasm, the same you have shown to me that afternoon ... I really don't know how to thank you.
But I'll rock you again the next time :)
Stefania
North Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked a tour for the Vatican/St. Peter's. Our guide Maria was wonderful!! She was extremely knowledgeable and informative. She tailored our tour to us (traveling with a 4 month old) and on multiple occasions asked guards and staff if we could move through lines, security, ect. Can't recommend enough!!

Visited June 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thanks a lot for your nice review! It was the first time that I toured with a such new-born baby and I tried my best so that You could enjoy the museums! I'm really happy that You appreciated it!
All the best,
Maria Linda
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For the love of Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Back in March of this year, my best friend and her husband booked a trip to Italy to celebrate their second wedding anniversary, and then they texted me asking if my husband and I would like to go with them. Of course, my response was 'YES' as I have never been to Italy and we did not go on a honeymoon when we were married 9 years ago! So over the next few month leading up to our departure date in June, my friend's husband and I were busy away researching things we needed to do in Rome! One of the things we discussed was doing private tours of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, Colosseum and the Catacombs. Eyes of Rome came highly recommended from very close friends, so we booked our private tours. A million thanks to Emiliano Mochi and Katie Farrar of Eyes of Rome, you brought our tours to life! Sure, we could have visited the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, St. Peters, the Colosseum and the Catacombs on our own, but what we gained from the passion in their story telling and the history that both Emiliano and Katie shared with us during our private tours was priceless! Emiliano and Katie truly transported us back in time. Their knowledge is mind blowing, we couldn't stump them on anything! For someone who is not a history buff, I was truly mesmerized as I stood in front of the most awe-inspiring historical structures in Rome. My husband, our friends and I could not thank Emiliano and Katie enough, for them to share their love of Rome, their attention to detail, the experience was truly unforgettable! We wish we could have had them travel with us to Siena, Florence and Venice as well!! We came back from Italy two weeks ago and I know I will enjoy looking at my pictures over the course of my life with my family and friends and fondly remembering the stories, the details and the experience that were shared by Emiliano and Katie. Thank you Eyes of Rome for everything!

Visited June 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Tellers at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We wish we could've come to Venice and Florence with you as well!! However, our hearts will always remain in the eternal city :). We could not be more happy to have met each of you, and to have played a big part in your Roman memories. You were such a fun group; thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such enjoyable tours! Hope to see you in LA soon :)
Cheers,
Katie & Emiliano
Thousand Oaks, California
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Forget buses and guidebooks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Our guide, Denis Pasolini, took us on a three hour tour of "ancient Rome". It was very informative, even after reading a lot of background material. Denis has a broad knowledge of history, so we were able to ask completely unrelated questions...for example, while we walked through the Forum on Musselini's grand boulevard, we asked if the allied troops were viewed as liberators or invaders by the Italian people... We plan another Eyes of Rome tour of the Vatican later this week...

Visited July 2013