“Colosseum and Vatican Tours”
Review of Eyes of Rome

Private Vatican Tour with Hidden Gems Including Hotel Pickup
Ranked #10 of 787 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visit Rome in the company of its most passionate admirers, us! Your Roman adventure is sure to be unforgettable with Eyes of Rome, a creative club of independent tour guides! You set the pace of the tour with your private guide, personally selected for you from our small team of enthusiastic professionals. You'll be captivated as your passionate guide helps bring Rome to life with a tour that is customized to your interests and energy level. We offer city walking tours, but we also provide bike and segway tours, and car services. We will accompany you off the beaten paths, to discover the historical and cultural heritage, sharing also the most local aspects of the Eternal City, like the arts & crafts, the food & wine and the best music, theatre and sport events.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
London, England, United Kingdom
“Colosseum and Vatican Tours”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A group of 4 of us took the Colosseum and the Vatican tours.

We had the very friendly Elisa for our Colosseum tour. She took us around and told us stories about what used to happen in the Colosseum which made it come alive. Her knowledge of Roman history gave us a lot of insight into how the Romans used to live.

For our Vatican tour, Karin took us around. She knew so much about all the pieces of art and described them in a lot of detail. She even took us around to the less noticed parts of the Vatican when we asked her to. Because we so much of the Vatican and St. Peter's Basilica, the tour went quite a bit overtime but she didn't mind at all.

Both Elisa and Karin are awesome tour guides!

Visited May 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you, from me and from my wonderful colleague Elisa.
You were incredible. Your father, every time, when I was asking him If he was tired, was just repeating: I am fresh ! :)
You know Vatican is the center of catholic church but there is also so much of ancient rome inside and it was my pleasure to complete your idea of present and ancient Rome and Vatican.
Wish you all the best !
Karin

• Turkish first
Fox Point, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Make your time in Rome count!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This afternoon, my husband and I met Maria Linda Fusella, our guide to St. Peter's and the Vatican. We had briefly visited both before and read up on the highlights, but Maria opened our eyes to countless fascinating aspects of the architecture, the history, and the artistic nuances of what we saw, making every minute of our visit immensely worthwhile and meaningful. She did this despite enormous crowds of visitors. If you are planning to visit, get the most of the time you have by hiring a private guide like Maria Fusella. And Maria...as I said, we'll be back!

Visited May 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
My dear clients,
thank you for your nice review! It was a lot of fun and a pleasure touring the Vatican Museums with you two! I hope to see you again!
All the best,
Maria Linda
London, United Kingdom
“Eyes of Rome Vatican Tour - Karin”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We've never had a one to one tour before - but were traveling with our 70 year old mother and didn't want to queue for hours. By using Eyes of Rome - we jumped the queue (1 and half hours!). I loved the tour - Karin was lovely, loads of personality and a passion for her subject - she made the tour engaging and really interesting - and loved it when we asked questions. We learned so much that we wouldn't normally have just by going on our own. Karin took into account that my Mother was old and not that fit - so went at her pace and we took little breaks. It was expensive, but worth every penny - Karin is highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
It was lovely tour with lovely people. I am so happy that I was able to do the tour special somehow.
It was an honor for me and I hope to meet you again in Rome!!!!!!!!!!!!
All the best
Karin
Brisbane, Australia
“Great way to spend a morning in Rome”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I had a morning spare when in Rome and decided that rather than picking over the coliseum and surrounding ruins ourselves, why not get a guide. Marco was very passionate about his Roman history (university degree in relevant studies) and gave us a fantastic personalised tour which we both found very informative and rewarding. It was such a great way to get some in depth knowledge and a greater understanding of the history behind all the attractions we got to see. We highly recommend Marco and this tour.

Tash and Marc

Visited April 2013
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you!! I loved your review cause you remembered my degree in history! It means you really enjoyed the historical approach to my job. It’s true, behind all the monuments of Rome there are tree thousands years of events and not only legends! Please come back in Rome cause there are so many things I‘d love to share with you again.
Again, thank you!!

Marco
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Eyes of Rome Vatican Tour - Elisa”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Elisa met us at our hotel (Hotel Campo De Fiori), and took us through the religious timeline in the Vatican Museum and Sistene Chapel. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip (after a walk in the torrential rain!) Elisa is a very personable and highly knowledgeable guide and made the visit so much more interesting. Unfortunately we were not able to include St Peters as it had been closed for half a day. Thank you Elisa Grazie, Molte grazie. Debbie & Steve 2nd April

Visited April 2013
Thank you for this nice review. I m happy to realise how you enjoyed the passion I have about my job!
Next time you come to Rome I promise you we will visit the church, also if I need to call the Pope!
Elisa :)