“Great service and wonderful guides”
Review of Eyes of Rome

Private Colosseum and Roman Forum Tour with Hotel pick-up
Ranked #10 of 826 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visit Rome in the company of its most passionate admirers, us! Your Roman adventure is sure to be unforgettable with Eyes of Rome, a creative club of independent tour guides! You set the pace of the tour with your private guide, personally selected for you from our small team of enthusiastic professionals. You'll be captivated as your passionate guide helps bring Rome to life with a tour that is customized to your interests and energy level. We offer city walking tours, but we also provide bike and segway tours, and car services. We will accompany you off the beaten paths, to discover the historical and cultural heritage, sharing also the most local aspects of the Eternal City, like the arts & crafts, the food & wine and the best music, theatre and sport events.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Myself and wife booked 3 private tours over 3 days on a long weekend in Rome. The tours were great thanks to the guides we had. Sylvia showed us around the Vatican and Katie was our guide for the Catacombs and Colloseum / Ancient Rome. They were both highly knowledgable (history of art grads) and were full of enthusiasm and genuinely lovely people. My wife has done a number of private tours in other cities and was impressed. As a sceptic to the guide format, I can only say how much having someone to explain details and answer our many questions really helped us get the best out of a great city. So many people will come To Rome and look but never see. I am really glad we booked these tours and with the high quality of service from Eyes of Rome.

Ps: one thing we did not get to go in but wished we had was Vila Borghese for the Art. You need to book online in advance of your trip if this is something that interests you. also fwiw, I am happy to recommend Tulio restaurant < by plz Barberini and also Gran Melia hotel as a good urban resort which is v.close to the Vatican

EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your beautiful review! We are so glad we made your trip to Rome a memorable one, and changed your mind about tour guides…it's no coincidence that we prefer to call ourselves 'Storytellers' instead :)
Come back soon so we can take you to the Borghese Gallery! :)
Cheers,
Katie & Silvia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,711)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a pre-arranged Private tour with 'Eyes of Rome' of the Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica on recommendation from Rome's excellent First Luxury Art Hotel where we are currently staying. Our Guide, Angela met us at the hotel from which we took a taxi together to the entrance of the Vatican Museums. As it was our first experience of such a tour we were unsure how the 3 hours would go - but we were certainly not to be disappointed! Angela looked after us from start to finish and was able to give us the personalised attention needed in a setting with so much to look at and absorb whilst bypassing other visitors. She gave us a fascinating insight of the museum collections and we learnt a lot about the development of Roman, Christian and Italian art! Thanks Angela for a wonderful afternoon's tour of the Vatican - it was a fantastic experience all round!

EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Madame and Sir,
thank you so much for the review on my behalf on tripadvisor!!
You have been very nice!
Actually, it was my pleasure as well to have the possibility to spent my time with customers as you are, deeply interested in Italy's culture and history of art.
Waiting for wellcoming you again in my loved Rome,
Many thanks again!!
Angela Caiati

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to splurge on a guide for the Vatican. The concierge at our hotel recommended Eyes of Rome and we are so grateful he did! Alessandra, our guide, knew we wanted to see the "best of" the Vatican and gave us just that and more. It was the perfect tour from start to finish. She was so kind, friendly, and knowledgeable. Alessandra has a gift of sharing what she knows in a natural, conversational way and we were able to tour each gallery at our own pace. It was a joy to spend the afternoon learning about the Vatican from her. Plus, what a gift to not have to wait on long lines for tickets. Looking back, I think if we had been on our own I would have felt overwhelmed and most likely would have missed really amazing areas, focusing solely on the Sistine Chapel and trying to track down other notable works of art. Thanks to Allesandra, our visit to the Vatican was ideal!
Grazie mille!

EoR_PrivateTours, Story teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

It has been a pleasure working with you! I appreciate your enthusiasm, your desire to know, your astonishment at all! You are the ideal tourists! Your kindness has amazed me! I expect you in Rome! A big hug!
Alessandra

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited Rome for a weekend break with our grown up children. The excellent Artemide Hotel recommended Eyes of Rome and we were not disappointed. Stefania was friendly, knowledgeable and fun. We enjoyed Ancient Rome so much we asked for her specifically for our tour of the Vatican. She brought everything alive with her storytelling. No question stumped her and she picked out the most interesting features. No dull, boring monologues! By the end we felt as though she was a friend rather than a guide. So top marks to Eyes of Rome and especially Stefania. Next time we come we will do another tour and will be asking for Stefania again. Hopefully she will be as happy to see us as we will be to see her!

EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

It has been such a pleasure to be your guide that I can only hope to see you very soon and to have many other opportunities to show you my city. You are a very well matched family, interested in everything, surprisingly well informed and so joyful that I was really pleased and lucky to meet you and to have your appreciation. Thanks a lot for your review. You made me smile and I'm proud of our shared memories.
I am waiting for you again. Remember it! :)
GRAZIE!
Stefania

Reviewed March 19, 2013

i went to rome last month in feb 13,
i took my wife anfd three kids with me as well. we had a great time in the famous city but nothing could compare to the great tour we had of the colosseeum with our guid francesco. this guy was great, he made my kids laugh and keep there attention the whole time. this was a huge plus for me and my wife as we were able to take in the sights and enjoy the tour as well. not just spend the time chasinbg tghe kids. on the other hand francesco was very knowlagable for us too and was very helpful with all my questions.
i would strongly recomend and the eyes of rome tours and i would suggest you ask for francesco for atrulu unquie and fun experiance. especially if you have kids.
great time by the whole family.

EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Many thanks Guys, I had so much fun touring with you...! Hope to see you again soon, and please, tell your son that I will wait to wrestle him again in the Colosseum when he grows up ; )
Francesco

Been to Eyes of Rome? Share your experiences!