“The perfect way to experience Rome”
Review of Eyes of Rome

Private Early Bird Vatican and St Peter's Basilica Tour with Hotel pick-up
Ranked #12 of 779 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visit Rome in the company of its most passionate admirers, us! Your Roman adventure is sure to be unforgettable with Eyes of Rome, a creative club of independent tour guides! You set the pace of the tour with your private guide, personally selected for you from our small team of enthusiastic professionals. You'll be captivated as your passionate guide helps bring Rome to life with a tour that is customized to your interests and energy level. We offer city walking tours, but we also provide bike and segway tours, and car services. We will accompany you off the beaten paths, to discover the historical and cultural heritage, sharing also the most local aspects of the Eternal City, like the arts & crafts, the food & wine and the best music, theatre and sport events.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“The perfect way to experience Rome”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

On a weekend break earlier this month my wife and I had a tour of the Coliseum and the Vatican on separate days. Our guide for both was Stephanie who was delightful, knowledgeable, friendly and all in all great company. It was like wandering around these two fantastic places with a friend holding a History Degree!! We both thoroughly enjoyed the experience whilst learning a lot we thought we already knew! I would thoroughly recommend this professional tour company.

Visited November 2012
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I would thoroughly recommend your great company! If I think we were able to visit and to enjoy the Roman Forum during a mad rainy day, I can say I was lucky to find patient and smiling people like you. Thank you very much for your nice review. I wait for another day, to go touring together with my new friends ... and it will be a sunny day anyway :)

Stefania

• Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Tour of the Vatican”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our hotel recommended taking a private tour of the Vatican and they did not disappoint. Our guide, Maria Linda knew her subject matter very well, and while we had visited the Vatican on a previous trip, her insight into what we saw made it more than worthwhile. We were even allowed to take a couple of shortcuts that prevented us from standing in some lines.

If you want to make the most of your trip to the Vatican, do yourseld a favor and book a tour with Eyes of Rome!

Visited November 2012
My dear clients,
I'm so pleased to read your review, thank you!
It was a real pleasure spending that time with you and with your insteresting questions.
Thanks again for the photos.
I hope to see you again in this beautiful city.
All the best,
Maria Linda
valley center, ca
“Wonderful Tour with a beautiful hostess!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Elisa took us on an incredible tour! We didn't want to leave Rome without really delving into the beautiful Roman riches at the Vatican and we certainly got what we paid for. Our tour lasted 3 hours and during that time we were given a unique cultural tour. Elisa is a wonderful storyteller!

Visited October 2012
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you, I'm happy that you enjoyed our tour in the Vatican. I wait you for another interesting visit of my city. Bye bye.
Elisa
Monmouth, United Kingdom
“Sara Tomassini - Superb guide”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We're a family of 4 with 2 girls aged under 10. We wanted a tour of the Vatican that would 'bring it to life' for the children. Sara was brilliant - she came down to the kids level and explained things so that they could understand. Neros Bath was a fascination that's still being talked about almost 2 weeks later!

We had Sara for 3 hours, and she tailored our tour, to show us what she thought we'd like in the given time. We didn't feel like she was rushing us at any point, and I think she must have been constantly adjusting the tour as we spent too long looking at some things. She is extremely knowledgable and was happy to take questions on anything, including some odd questions from the kids!!

I would definitely recommend Sara to anyone.

Visited October 2012
EoR_PrivateTours, Story teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your review!
I extremely love my job because every day, every tour is different, I like to know my clients and customize each tour above all for kids!
I think it's fantastic share information and emotions with them, try to see a Museum from their point of view!
I still remember the curiosity of your sweet girls and I loved it very much. So I thank you all and I wish you all the best!

Sara
London, United Kingdom
“An amazing morning!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My daughter and I spent a wonderful 3 days in Rome at the end of October. The highlight of our trip was our day with Francesco Grasso. Not only did he take us around all the ancient sites and educated us in Roman history he also directed us to the best meal of our trip! I cannot recommend him enough.

Visited October 2012
EoR_PrivateTours, Story Teller at Eyes of Rome, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Your daughter and you were the sweetest and nicest people all around my city in those days ... What can I say? Thanks for coming out! ; ) I am glad you loved the food! take care, big hugs.
Francesco