“Epic Tours is a MUST for the Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel.”
Review of Epic Rome Tours - CLOSED

Epic Rome Tours
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: At Epic Rome Tours we like to do things a little differently. What put our clients at the centre of the tour and then we transport them to the head of days of the Roman Empire and the great Renaissance depending on which tour you do with us. As long as you have an open mind we will do the rest. Rome is a magical place but it can be made more magical by the way it is interpreted to you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Epic Tours is a MUST for the Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My sister and I went on the Vatican and Sistine Chapel tour in June 2012. Jimmy was our tour guide and his knowledge and enthusiasm for the history and art was refreshing and inspiring. I have solo toured the Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel before, but it was nothing compared to having a private tour guide on the trip. I highly recommend this tour to all of my incoming friends and visitors to Rome.

Jimmy was also very funny and friendly which made the whole tour so much more enjoyable. Several times people from other tour groups were coming over to listen to our tour, it was obvious that it was one of the better guided tours around. Jimmy even brought his own maps and photos to use as better props to explain the history and stories behind the scenes. Jimmy is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and really knows his facts.

Definitely go on this tour. And buy your tickets before and take lots of water if you are going during these hot summer months.

Long Beach, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pièce de résistance”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Jimmy's tours came recommended from a trusted friend and Roman native. In the interest of full-disclosure, I don't write many reviews on Trip Advisor but, in my defense, this was my first trip overseas.

I had plenty of time to roam Rome on my own, an entire week to be exact. However, I did not enjoy my time in the city more than when I was on one of Jimmy's tours (we did both the Vatican City and the Coliseum tours). The narrative Jimmy provided not only enhanced our visits to these remarkable landmarks but also took us on a journey back to the time of Nero, Constantine, and Michelangelo. There is no other way to see Rome, Epic Rome Tours is a true gem. On top of that, Jimmy knows all the tricks in the book, from skipping the 2 hour lines to avoiding a heat stroke.

I could go on for days: the small, intimate tour size, the consideration when bringing his own materials so as not to rely on overcrowded museum diagrams, the cheesy jokes, the encyclopedic knowledge of Irish pubs in Rome, etc etc.

Make sure to follow Jimmy's yellow umbrella, you won't regret it!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Ivan S
Rome
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Revelry in Rome”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was always of the opinion that one could see a city by themselves without any need for a tour guide. Isn't it enough just to buy a lonely planet and get on your way? Perhaps. But in the case of Rome it is most definitely inadvisable. The sheer magnitude of history, facts, stories and legends of the eternal city are far too numerous to go it alone in Rome. Rome has a particularly meaty and intriguing history. The expertise of the tours that Epic Rome Tours offers is just perfect for tourists. My tour guide, Jimmy, gave a fantastic tour. What separated Jimmy's tour from all the rest was that he taught me several things that I never knew before but without over-saturating me with information. Coming away from the tour, I felt that I had learned so much and so effortlessly! Jimmy, being an artist himself, really knows his stuff. It's amazing how he can ring off dates and names of ancient Rome without hesitation or confusion. He provided tonnes of memorable facts, trivia and "no way, I never knew that" moments! The tours of the Vatican and the Colosseum were really relaxed with regular breaks and some great laughs. Jimmy has a great sense of humour which adds to the pacifying nature of the tours. I came away from the tours hungry for more information. The tours opened up my mind to a fascinating period of history. Jimmy's tour gave me the impression that I was walking around ancient Rome in 2012 which is some achievement. A tour with Epic Rome Tours is unmissable for a tourist in Rome. Thanks, Jimmy!

Visited July 2012
Paris, France
“Insightful and fun”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We heard about Jimmy's Roman Empire Tours through a friend, and had a very fulfilling and fun experience visiting the Forum and The Colosseum with him. The group was small, and Jimmy's depth of knowledge was endless. In particular, his anecdotes and bits of trivia about each of the sites made the tour different from most, in that it was entertaining as well as enriching. I will be sure to join another of Jimmy's tours when I next visit Rome.

Los Angeles, California
“It just doesn't get better than this!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We did the Coliseum and Forum tour with Tom, who was knowledgable, well humored and entertaining. And we did the Vatican Tour with Jimmy. Everything that has been said about him is true. He knows his art history. And he loves teaching. You will learn quite a bit and still laugh and have a good time. But the absolute highlight of our Rome trip was the "Alternative Rome Tour". This cannot be missed. Our tour guide Alex started us at the Piazza del Popolo and on small golf carts we drove through all ends of Rome, looking at Berlusconi's "party house" (ministry office), the Pantheon, Piazza Navone, a beautiful overlook of the city of Rome at Piazza Girabaldi. And thrown in at the last minute because all of us were Irish, we saw where the last king of Ireland was buried. An Italian church which was about to start a wedding as we dropped by to pay our respects to his lordship. And did i say that we were driving these golf carts through the city on the day that Italy was to play Spain in the Eurocup. So when we were going to Circus Maximus, so was half the city because the game was going to be screened on a massive TV monitor. The police had huge buses there. The media had news vans everywhere. It was an incredible day. We felt as though the city was our playground. It was like an old Peter Sellers movie where everyone was chasing each other in go-karts. I have to recommend Roman Empire Tours very very highly.

jimmy Griffin