“Trastevere Trends and Traditions - highly recommended”
Review of Urban Adventures

$78.97*
Small Group Roman Dolce Vita with Local Tips
$133.65*
and up
Ancient Rome Archaeological Discovery Tour Including entrance tickets to the...
Ranked #41 of 221 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rome Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours in Rome. Walking tours that will make you uncover back streets, local markets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. See much more than just the top touristic attractions ! Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Rome. A local guide, knowledgeable, friendly and officially licensed, will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I ended up having a private tour through the Trastevere neighbourhood with Vanessa, an archeologist with famly roots in the area. She was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable, pointing out different features in churches that I would have missed and taking me to a delicious bakery for a snack. Noticing a tiny church had just opened its doors for the afternoon, she excitedly showed me inside to look at frescoes nearly a thousand years old. I really enjoyed hearing her stories about family who had lived in the area, making it a more personal experience. This tour is a great way to explore an area that doesn't attract the tourist crowds and I would recommend it for anyone who wants to see a different side of Rome. Mille grazi Vanessa!

1  Thank rlgardner01
There are newer reviews for Urban Adventures

Reviewed January 7, 2013

In my humble opinion, walking tours through big cities with a knowledgable local is the way to go. We weren't disappointed with our Rome experience after the marvellous Venice Urban Adventures experience of the Cicchetii wine bars. Our guide in Rome - a fine arts students - knew the city and the backstreets, the best coffee bars, fountains and spots where some of the great Italian new wave movies were made. We had a terrific few hours and recommend it highly. I'd only go with Urban Adventures from here on in.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Absolutely great time with Giulia (I hope the name is right and I'm not confused) on our tour of Trastevere. Very knowledgeable & informative. She was also very helpful with tips for the rest of our trip. We felt like we were touring with a friend!

She arrived promptly at the set time. After some quick introductions and questions about us, our travel and our interests, we started our tour. We enjoyed it immensely.

I will not hesitate in recommending Rome Urban Adventures to my family & friends. I can only hope that my tour of the Barri Gotic tomorrow with Barcelona Urban Adventures and our upcoming tour with Venice Urban Adventures measures up to this one. The bar has been set.

Thank you!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

While in Rome I did the Trastevere: Trends & Traditions tour - absolutely brilliant! Our guide Vanessa had the perfect balance of sharing relevant knowledge without bombarding us with too much detail. She was very knowledgeable about the area and took us to parts which tourists would not always discover. Loved it!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our first full day in Rome last week was spent on this tour being guided by Margherita from Rome Urban Adventures. We visited the Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Four Rivers Fountain, and the Trevi Fountain. Margherita was terrific. She was incredibly knowledgable about the sites, sharing the history and significance of the sites, and their inportance in modern day Italy. She was also very personable, fun, and gave us other tips on how to enjoy our days in Rome as well as Florence. This tour really helped begin our trip by giving us a template of what to look for in our other excussions. Bravo to Margherita and to Rome Urban Adventures.