“Tried various dishes - always excellent food”
Review of Trattoria Morgana

Trattoria Morgana
Ranked #1,273 of 12,247 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Monti
Rome, Italy
“Tried various dishes - always excellent food”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Another family trattoria that does not reveal from the outside what the kitchen has to offer.
My wife and me returned several times to explore other items on the menu... Every time we were blown away with the finesse of how excellent the food was prepared combined with an excellent and very attentive service.
Really recommended if you are closeby.. Now having discovered this restaurant, I would certainly do an extra detour to visit it once more...

Prices are a not that cheap as another trattoria I commented on which is around the corner, but the food is clearly a level higher... (Da Michelle)

Wine is only per bottle, but they have a bottle of red wine for 7.5eur which is absolutely not bad :-)
Other bottles start from 12eur

The discovery for me was clearly Spaghetti dei Martelli (handmade brand) tona a la fresca
(Tuna fish, olives, oil, dried tomatoes) SUPERB

We payed about 30eur/person

• Turkish first
Brisbane
“Yum Yum Yum!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My sister and I stayed at Domus Diana next door so we ate at this trattoria 3 times in 4 times during our recent trip to Rome.

Not only was it very convenient for us, but very tasty. We particularly enjoyed the very fresh buffalo mozzarella with honey and the proscuitto with amazing fresh figs; as well as the pasta carbonara and various risottos.

Very tasty food and a nice low key atmosphere. It got quite busy at night - full of tourists and Italians.

I'd definitely recommend them for a meal if you're staying in the area.

• Visited July 2013
ireland
“snails galore”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Had bruschetta to start and snails for the mains. An elegant supply of same in a lovely sauce. Wine was excellent and once again good value. Skiped dessert and had an limoncello instead, will be back,

• Visited December 2013
New York, NY
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service | If You're in Rome, Go”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The restaurant is intimate, and casual and the service was attentive without being invasive.
I started with the Trattoria Morgana soup which was delicious. Hearty and flavorful, the soup was THE antidote to the weather ( which at time - November 2013- was rainy and chilly).
I followed that with the wild boar (cinghiale) and finished with TWO dishes of the best lemon sorbet I've every had...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cassiusw90s
Seabrook, New Hampshire
“No English - a good sign.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our hotel, the Edera recommended we try this place. We went early at 7:00 and the outdoor seating was all reserved so we ended up sitting inside. Nice tall brick arches add a little atmosphere. The waitress spoke no English, nor did another waiter. The place rapidly filled with locals and many other people who walked up without a reservation were turned away. The menu had English and with our basic phrase card things worked out fine.
My vegetable soup appetizer was very tasty, although overcooked. My wife's risotto with porcini was good, although I'm not sure the rice they used. Our entrees of Saltambucca and chicken in wine sauce were excellent, better than the appetizers. Our friend had a fillet with peppercorns and cream sauce. The only time the language barrier came into play is that the steak was medium rare, not medium. The third waiter was the only one who spoke any English and we got it all figured out. It came back perfect and he loved it.
The tiramasu was quite tasty as was a frozen meringue with chocolate sauce.
Wine was reasonably priced and they had a good selection, not overwhelming.
If you're looking for a place that hasn't adapted their menu to tourists, this is it. Total price for 3 with 2 bottles of wine, and 3 after dinner drinks was 135 before tip.
Total bill for 3 people