“Fantastic ice cream”

Gelateria Il Dolce Sorriso
Ranked #14 of 778 Dessert in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantastic ice cream”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Delicious ice cream, very kind and generous owner. He even gave one more ice cream for free after she dropped hers on the ground. Also good prices.

1 Thank Pavel C

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Great Gelati”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Very good and originally tasting chocolate gelati and of course other tastes ;-)

The owner gives you a lot of tastes to try.. Great service, friendliness and quality!

2 Thank Michael_Lucerne
Miami, Florida
“Best Gelato ever!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon this place while trekking through Rome. It's incredible. The flavors are diverse, the staff is incredibly friendly and the portions are huge. Don't miss out!

Visited July 2014
Coleshill, United Kingdom
“Best ice creams in the world”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

You want beer or cocktail flavour then this is the place. Every ice cream you ask for the assistant lets you try first and has a vast array of flavours. We returned after 20 minutes as they were that good. Great place and well worth visiting.

• Visited June 2014
West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Great tasting gelato and friendly staff”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Let me preface my review by saying that we ate gelato every single day of our 3 day, 13 city Italian trip. I am also a foodie and, when it comes to desserts, a snob, so I sought out artisan, natural gelato whenever possible-not the stuff that's full of fake colors, fillers and preservatives and heaped into tiny mountains in display cases, but the stuff that's usually in metal bins with lids on top, in small shops. This means that not only did we eat A LOT of gelato, we ate a lot of really good, high quality gelato. While Gelateria Il Dolce does not meet all of the above criteria, it was still some of the best gelato we ate in Rome. Situated in a small shop not too far from Trastevere, the place was packed with a mix of locals and tourists when we stopped in. There were 3 people behind the counter and a long list of flavors, but they were patient and helpful, giving both myself and my husband as many samples as we wanted. I wound up with a Kinder cereal/dark chocolate cup that was truly amazing. Maybe it's because it was my first experience with Kinder products, but it was one of the most memorable flavors I tried and I never saw it any other gelato shop we visited. The prices were pretty on point for Rome-3E for a heaping 2 scoop cup. So, while it may not be the most artisanal of gelateria's in Rome, it was delicious, budget friendly and served with a smile. We'd definitely return if we find ourselves in Rome again.

• Visited March 2014