“Best ice cream in the world”

Gelateria Il Dolce Sorriso
Ranked #10 of 779 Dessert in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ramot Menashe, Israel
“Best ice cream in the world”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice place.
I found the secret how to make good ice cream.
They put 100 kg of love in each order.
We ate a lot of ice cream in our trip to Rome, but this place was the best.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Ok for the fourth best gelato place in Rome”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Offering a great range of flavours and easy accessibility ildolceserosso is great for after dinner stop-offs but I wouldn't call it amazing.

Istanbul, Turkey
“Unbeliavable”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

All the galletterias have pretty much same colorfull beautiful sceneries.. They all look very attemptive but not all taste the same.. This place was amazing, the tastes of each icecream was better than theother one.. The owner was very kind to let me try the tastes first but still i couldnt decide which one to get.. I strongly recommend everyone to go and have from all the icecreams!!!:)

Luxembourg
“Nice Ice Cream”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am a big fan of Ice Cream and when I travel I always try the local places.

I tried about 10 of the Gelaterias while I was in Rome for 5 days and all in all I wasnt overly impressed! Maybe my expectations were too high as I heard they did the best ice cream in Rome.

Having said that, out of all the ones I tried, I would say that this is the best.

My benchmark is set very high as I had the most amazing Ice Cream in Bolgna. (Already reviewed). This was nowhere near as good as that but in comparisson to the rest of Rome it was good.

The Ricotta and Pear one is the best. And I like the fact that he let us try loads of flavous before chosing.

San Francisco, California
“Artisanal does not mean what you think”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'll agree that the gelato here is good, and that it probably has mostly real (as opposed to syrup) ingredients. However, having tasted theirs and the gelato of people who make all their flavors from fresh ingredients, I know these guys are not in that particular business: they're probably using pastes made in a factory outside of the city. It's good, it's not, great, and it's certainly not excellent. The owner is friendly, but pushed us to review him well on this site.

Let me tell you that less than a five minute walk from here is a place that makes all their amazing flavors from fresh ingredients in their main store (which is a bit further away near Castell San Angelo), and drive it all of five minutes to the store near this one. Save your euro and calorie allowance and go find it!

2 Thank DanielJudge