“Our stay”

I Tre Moschettieri Luxury Guest House
Ranked #297 of 3,743 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed her for 4 nights. I must say it is fantastic. Nicolleta and her team were extremely helpfull. Nothing was too hard and the assistance was 1 st rate. The rooms are superb and very comfy. Bathroom was large and clean. Access to the building is good just a short flight of stairs but it is well worth it.
Location is one of the best I could find. Just a short stroll to the key sites. We will be back!!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madtravel12

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our third time staying here and believe it is a great bargain for the price. The location is ideal, close to the Trevi Fountain and a short walk to the Spanish Steps, Pantheon and Forum. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom grand compared to European standards. Nicoleta has gone out of her way to answer our questions and assist with everything from a van to transport 8 of us from the airport, to helping book train tickets or museum visits. We booked 6 rooms over Thanksgiving last year for our large group of friends and family. We felt like the dining area was our own personal living room. Our group would meet every evening and share a bottle of wine in the beautiful dining area before we went out for dinner. This is a great place for a family or group of friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We enjoyed our stayy in every way at this lovely Guest House in the middle of Rome! We particularily appreciated the dedication of the staff to ensuring everything was to our liking as well as terrific references for local restaurants and services. We could walk absollutely everywhere and feel very comfortable at any hour of the day!

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms close to the recpetion desk. They were different sizes but both had lovely spaci...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank circularthought
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I Tre Moschettieri ( The Three Musketeers) is a great luxurious guest house right in the heart of Rome. My wife and I stayed for 5 nights from September 11 to 16th. The location is best ever and one can reach all sight seeing places by walking. Elia with her great smile always was willing to help us and made our stay wonderful. She guided us about the sights, e-mailed us about our questions and even made our checking in for our Alitalia flight home. She also made arrangements for a Mercedes SUV to the airport the night before our departure and we also paid up for everything by Discover credit card ( which has no foreign transaction fee) the night before. We are so grateful to her. She also answered our questions about what coffees to buy since everything on coffee packets was in Italian. Nicoletta as well as the student who made our cappuccinos were very friendly and hospitable. The breakfast was very good and the pastries and cakes were excellent. The room was very clean and quiet, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was excellent. The elevator is rather small may be 2 ft by 2 ft. I thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank uashingishu
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here for two nights following the end of a tour around Rome/Florence/Venice as a relaxing way for my boyfriend and me to end our trip to Italy. The location of the hotel (once you can find it) is central to everything in Rome. You're a 3 minute walk from the Trevi Fountain, 10 minutes from the Spanish Steps, about 5 minutes from the Capitoline. The rooms were nice, with recently redone bathrooms - we had the Princess room (1 bed). The room was pretty cramped once we laid open our suitcases, but you can't expect more room in the city center without paying double what we paid. The ACs were digital with a remote, and they worked reallly fast to cool down the room during a heat wave at the end of July.

Nicoleta was very helpful in recommending good restaurants and places to see that we didn't already check out with the tour. However, be aware that the staff is not available 24/7 since its such a small scale production. They're there for check-in (you have to tell them beforehand when you plan to arrive) and daily checkouts and breakfast.

Breakfast was probably the most disappointing part of this bed and breakfast. Selection was extremely limited, and the girls standing in the breakfast room just made you feel awkward eating the whole time, rather than helping you figure out how to use the toaster or making you coffee. For this reason and the limited availability of front desk, I only gave them 4 stars.

Room Tip: The Principessa looks out onto the back street, over the cafe, so there's not much view but it...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angel G
Reviewed September 21, 2012

First the positive - I Tre Moschettieri is well located in a small alley just off Via Del Corso. (Our taxi driver had a heck of a time locating the building when we first arrived. There were several false stops and starts while the meter ran.) We asked for and were given a triple room in the back away from the street noise. The room was spacious with an updated bathroom and, when the air conditioning kicked in, a comfortable temperature. Breakfast was, as promised, typically "Continental" - cereal, cakes, fruit, coffee. We were advised in advanced that staff is not on duty 24/7 and this proved to be no problem as we were given a full set of keys for the inn as well as our room. The day before check out we asked Nicoleta to arrange a shuttle to the airport for us, and she was happy to oblige. The shuttle driver was on-time and the price was reasonable.

In the interest of (hopefully) constructive criticism, the breakfast hours (which are 8 - 10) should start a bit earlier - say 7:30. The second morning we had a 9AM tour at the Vatican and had to wolf down some food before we headed out. It would have been nice to have been able to enjoy the breakfast we were paying for. Also, the single bed in our room was hard as a brick and not comfortable.

If you consider booking this guest house, be advised that the small elevator - which doesn't always work properly - starts one floor up from ground level - which means lugging suitcases up a flight of stairs. Then, after taking the elevator up to its next level, one must go down another flight of stairs to the entrance of the inn. I realize there is nothing that can be done about this in such an old building, but not having an elevator stop on our floor did provide a challenge for us not-so-youngsters - especially when carting suitcases. Also, we were apparently sharing our room with a spider as we woke up with multiple bites.

Also, I agree with the previous reviewer that the recommended Al Fachetto restaurant was just so-so. We had our best meal in Rome at Il Chianti just steps from Trevi Fountain.

All in all we had a good stay and, for location alone, would consider a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room back from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tkttoride
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Thanks to Nikoleta for assistance by booking of gallery and granted bottle of champagne for our honey moon time. Unfortunately during our stay she was on vacation. The rest of staff was unfriendly and lazy; girls are originally from Balkan states. The breakfast was very poor for "luxury guest house" as they name themselves (only view cakes, no eggs, no ham and even cheese!!! in capital city of Italy), the girl in the kitchen could not provide a warm cappuccino, we’ve got it always cold. We got the best room in terms of silence: that means below the restaurants with lot of people, noise, smells, rubbish in the morning, car alarms, etc. Air conditioner smells with stuffy air (filter was not clear). While outside temperature was 35 degrees during our whole stay-5 days our bed linen were never changed!!! Good present for honey moon :). Be careful by asking for advice for any good restaurant in the area of hotel. As we asked receptionist for advise to have a dinner in a very good typical Italian restaurant (not for tourists)) she sent us to the one across the street (100m) and said that they often go there with her family for the dinner to have a very good food. The business card of this restaurant (name: IL FALCHETTO) are presented at reception desk. We were really surprised as got a very poor service there with a bad food and paid 150 Euro bill for 2 persons!!!! They put 15% service charge without any notification!!! It is enormous thing which is similar to fraud!!! It seems that this restaurant has connection to the receptionist girl. As well the receptionist Elia was only interested when we are going to check out, even never asked us how we liked our stay there. No lift on the first floor, only between stages. All that we got for more than 550 Euro bill for 5 day stay.
Just for comparison. We are very good familiar with hotel business because our best friend has *** star hotel at the main street of Berlin – Kurfürstendamm with much better conditions like breakfast with Italian mozzarella)), real warm cafe, fruits, hams, etc., very polite staff and clean service for less price because they await and welcome their guest to come back again.
It is not case here unfortunately.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweetlana0710
moschettieri, Direttore generale at I Tre Moschettieri Luxury Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your comment. We are very happy that at least one of our strengths, the location, has fulfilled your expectations.
I would like to understand for what reason you are so unhappy with the services and assistance from my staff…
I was in vacation so the compliments regarding the warm welcoming goes to Elia. She put a bottle of champagne in your room (for free!) with the congratulations for your honey moon! This is unfriendly and lazy?
Did you have read the other reviews regarding the staff and the services?????
Please, just help me to understand this words:
“The rest of staff was unfriendly and lazy; girls are originally from Balkan states”……do you have some problems with the Eastern Europe? If I’m not wrong you are from Russia…
Regarding the breakfast, when you book the room, you receive immediately the information that we serve the TIPICALLY ITALIAN BREAKFAST: espresso coffe, cappuccino, American coffe, instant coffe, hot chocolate, various types of tea, juice (2 types), yogurt, milk, bread, biscuits, crackers, fresh croissants, cakes, cereals, butter, 5 types of marmalade, nutella, honey, fresh fruits…..you think that this is a poor breakfast???? I think that is only different of yours!
Please remember that the living room is available for 24 hours, so you can use it and take serve this things...."only" for 24 hours....
I remember you that we are in the heart of the historical centre, so unfortunately for everybody here you find some noise.
This is a GUEST HOUSE, not a 5***** Hotel!!! So, we change the bed linen every 3 days (just like in your case!) and the towels every 2 days. In case of necessity even every day. So, please just try to remember some “right” things regarding this…
And now let’s talk about the restaurant suggestions: you think that my staff suggest to our guest the restaurants who cheating people????? Or just because they have a kind of “complicity” to steal the money to the people? Are you kidding?????
I'm a friend of the owner, is the most honest person that I know!
I hope that the owner of the restautrant speak with his lawyer….is amazing to read this….
Good for you and your friends regarding the hotel business in Berlin, but please just try to understand this words: “Give to Italy what is of Italy” - I mean the Italian mozzarella….have you tasted the real original italian mozzarella at the restaurant “Il Falchetto”????? Is just delicious!!!!
I’m completely disappointed with your review…
I would also invite all our guests to put their comments and to answer also to you Svetlana, because all what you are saying is really false and deprecative!
Regards,