“Only location” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #247 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Only location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Thanks to Nikoleta for assistance by booking of gallery and granted bottle of champagne for our honey moon time. Unfortunately during our stay she was on vacation. The rest of staff was unfriendly and lazy; girls are originally from Balkan states. The breakfast was very poor for "luxury guest house" as they name themselves (only view cakes, no eggs, no ham and even cheese!!! in capital city of Italy), the girl in the kitchen could not provide a warm cappuccino, we’ve got it always cold. We got the best room in terms of silence: that means below the restaurants with lot of people, noise, smells, rubbish in the morning, car alarms, etc. Air conditioner smells with stuffy air (filter was not clear). While outside temperature was 35 degrees during our whole stay-5 days our bed linen were never changed!!! Good present for honey moon :). Be careful by asking for advice for any good restaurant in the area of hotel. As we asked receptionist for advise to have a dinner in a very good typical Italian restaurant (not for tourists)) she sent us to the one across the street (100m) and said that they often go there with her family for the dinner to have a very good food. The business card of this restaurant (name: IL FALCHETTO) are presented at reception desk. We were really surprised as got a very poor service there with a bad food and paid 150 Euro bill for 2 persons!!!! They put 15% service charge without any notification!!! It is enormous thing which is similar to fraud!!! It seems that this restaurant has connection to the receptionist girl. As well the receptionist Elia was only interested when we are going to check out, even never asked us how we liked our stay there. No lift on the first floor, only between stages. All that we got for more than 550 Euro bill for 5 day stay.
Just for comparison. We are very good familiar with hotel business because our best friend has *** star hotel at the main street of Berlin – Kurfürstendamm with much better conditions like breakfast with Italian mozzarella)), real warm cafe, fruits, hams, etc., very polite staff and clean service for less price because they await and welcome their guest to come back again.
It is not case here unfortunately.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sweetlana0710
moschettieri, Direttore generale at I Tre Moschettieri Luxury Guest House, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your comment. We are very happy that at least one of our strengths, the location, has fulfilled your expectations.
I would like to understand for what reason you are so unhappy with the services and assistance from my staff…
I was in vacation so the compliments regarding the warm welcoming goes to Elia. She put a bottle of champagne in your room (for free!) with the congratulations for your honey moon! This is unfriendly and lazy?
Did you have read the other reviews regarding the staff and the services?????
Please, just help me to understand this words:
“The rest of staff was unfriendly and lazy; girls are originally from Balkan states”……do you have some problems with the Eastern Europe? If I’m not wrong you are from Russia…
Regarding the breakfast, when you book the room, you receive immediately the information that we serve the TIPICALLY ITALIAN BREAKFAST: espresso coffe, cappuccino, American coffe, instant coffe, hot chocolate, various types of tea, juice (2 types), yogurt, milk, bread, biscuits, crackers, fresh croissants, cakes, cereals, butter, 5 types of marmalade, nutella, honey, fresh fruits…..you think that this is a poor breakfast???? I think that is only different of yours!
Please remember that the living room is available for 24 hours, so you can use it and take serve this things...."only" for 24 hours....
I remember you that we are in the heart of the historical centre, so unfortunately for everybody here you find some noise.
This is a GUEST HOUSE, not a 5***** Hotel!!! So, we change the bed linen every 3 days (just like in your case!) and the towels every 2 days. In case of necessity even every day. So, please just try to remember some “right” things regarding this…
And now let’s talk about the restaurant suggestions: you think that my staff suggest to our guest the restaurants who cheating people????? Or just because they have a kind of “complicity” to steal the money to the people? Are you kidding?????
I'm a friend of the owner, is the most honest person that I know!
I hope that the owner of the restautrant speak with his lawyer….is amazing to read this….
Good for you and your friends regarding the hotel business in Berlin, but please just try to understand this words: “Give to Italy what is of Italy” - I mean the Italian mozzarella….have you tasted the real original italian mozzarella at the restaurant “Il Falchetto”????? Is just delicious!!!!
I’m completely disappointed with your review…
I would also invite all our guests to put their comments and to answer also to you Svetlana, because all what you are saying is really false and deprecative!
Regards,
Nicoleta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hi, We stayed at this guest house for 3 nights in August of this year. The location is pretty good, its close to Trevi, about 15-20 mins walk to the Colosseum and close to all the shopping and sights. There is no Metro stop close to this place, the closest one is Piazza Barberini, which is a bit of a walk. So the buses are the best way to get around, provided you can figure out which bus to take ! It's close to restaurants. The guest house is located in a residential building and the apartments are nice inside. The breakfast is cold and very average. I would recommend this place for the location. There really is no onsite staff available at all hours, once you get your keys, you are on your own. It really is like a flat and there are 3 rooms in each flat and every room has a private bathroom and all the 3 flats share a common foyer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DD D
Moss, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great rooms very central in Rome. Breakfast could usefully had cheese and ham. Were a bit sweet for a Norwegian. Because of the heat, it would be fine with refrigerators. All in all a great hotel and very central in Rome. We could walk to all the sights.

1 Thank 635Jonny_P
Sandnes, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed for 3 nights from 30. July to 02. August. We picked this place from reviews on tripadvisor. This place is reasonable priced and suited our needs perfectly. If you are going to Rome for a 2-3 day sightseeing, then this place is in a perfect locations. We were able to walk to most attractions and the bus to the vatican is right outside. . Italian breakfast is a little too sweet for my taste, but there is also the option with cereal and milk. The staff were always friendly and with a smile helping with what you need!

pros
- Location
- Friendly staff
- Clean and spacey rooms
- price/value

cons
- if you are looking for luxury then this might not be the place for you

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NO_Lars_
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at this B&B for a week and went to a lot of places. At first, Roma bus system was a bit complicated for me, but Nicoleta and Elia were very helpful there. Its location is wonderful, but walking on stone pavements was not so easy for me (I'm not so young as before), so I was very relieved to know how to use buses.
Breakfast staff was also helpful. One morning, when I was in a hurry and I couldn't find any other staffs, she stopped what she was doing at the kitchen and called me a taxi immediately. (I had a Scavi Tour reservation)
Dining area is open for 24hrs and you can use free WiFi there (but only there). Coffee, tea, and some snacks (crackers, fruits, pound cake, etc) are always there. At the end of the week, I felt like I was staying at my friend's house.
This is not exactly a hotel, and staffs are not always at the counter, but all in all, I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank al-obachan
Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I decided to take my son (age 10) away during half term - our first trip abroad with just the two of us. I let him pick where we would go, thinking that he would like to go on a sun/beach type holiday, but he picked to go sightseeing in Rome! I wanted a hotel that was close to all the main sights and restaurants, so that we wouldn't have to go on the metro at night and was concious of being able to keep us safe throughout the whole trip. When I booked the hotel I got an email immediatley from Nicoleta which confirmed the booking and also offering taxi service to and from the airport. I booked this as we arrived late at night and didn't fancy getting the train or getting ripped off by a taxi.. On arrival, our room was huge - a double bed and a single bed and a very new, spotlessly clean bathroom. Breakfast was perfect for what we needed - my son loved the croissants filled with jam or chocolate! We walked to all the major sights in the day - very easy to find everything from where it is situated. We ate most nights by the pantheon (5 mins walk). The other lady that works on reception also booked us tickets for the Vatican museum (amazing walk over the river). We went to the vatican on a Wednesday and saw a little bit of the popes speech as I wanted my son to experience this. This guest house is the best find - if ever I am lucky enough to go to this amazing city again then I would stay here.

3 Thank Annie D
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our family stayed here in June of 2012 and I can't say enough good things about their hotel, the hospitality and friendliness. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a nice Oasis in the heart of Rome. Nicolleta and Elia and their staff were the best!

Paul C.