“Fantastic Local Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Altro Sostegno

L'Altro Sostegno
Ranked #420 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Aliso Viejo, California
“Fantastic Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I was searching for a place to eat before we left Rome and this restaurant was walking distance from our hotel. When we got there we were nicely greeted by Valentina. She was very patient and very kindly translated the entire menu.

We asked for recommendations and she pointed out very delicious plates with delicious house wine. She even offered to let us taste the house wine and change it if we didn't enjoy it.

There were no other tourists and just locals there, which we were looking for. It was a very pleasant experience and would go back if I am ever in Rome again!

Visited August 2012

Lugano, Switzerland
“my favourit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been so many times in this restaurant and each time i ate great food
I used to go there with my family when i was living in rome and my children always enjoy the food.
Starters, pasta, fish or meal and desserts are excellent
They have a good choice of wines, staff is patient, kind and friendly....
and the bill is a good surprise

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank giorgia v
London
“Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Local Italian, if you are looking for a family run, relaxed - zero tourism restaurant then this is your place! We were the only English in the restaurant and the rest were locals. Food was superb, simple yet tasty. The atmosphere was great, families, friends and work colleagues together. Bill was just over €100 for 4 courses, great bottle of wine and water with bread. Close to the ESH hotel, about a 15 minute walk, perfect as we missed the last bus.

Be prepared to try and work out the menu as its all in Italian, there are a couple of English speaking staff who are on hand to help but nothing a iPhone translator can't handle!

Once again the food was the best meal we had in "Rome" exactly what we were looking for.

• Visited July 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Solid menu with great pasta. Also wait staff took time to translate a lengthy menu for us and were very patient.

Visited June 2012
Rome, Italy
“My favorite local restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I live just down the street from this place, and I don't know why I would travel any farther than L'Altro Sostegno for a great meal. A true Osteria, the charming atmosphere of this place reflects the personalities of its family owners. Its simply a relaxing atmosphere that makes one feel at home. The menu changes with the seasons so it is always fresh. (although its hard to let go of my favorites, it forces me to try something new!) The menu is smaller than larger places but always broad enough to suit most tastes. Allow your waitperson to suggest something, they will not steer you wrong! Do try the antipasti. The waitstaff is limited so sometimes when the place if full they are a bit stretched. Not a problem by Italian standards, but might be judged differently by Americans who are impatient.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joe G

Been to L'Altro Sostegno? Share your experiences!