“my favourit”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been so many times in this restaurant and each time i ate great food
I used to go there with my family when i was living in rome and my children always enjoy the food.
Starters, pasta, fish or meal and desserts are excellent
They have a good choice of wines, staff is patient, kind and friendly....
and the bill is a good surprise

1  Thank giorgia v

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Local Italian, if you are looking for a family run, relaxed - zero tourism restaurant then this is your place! We were the only English in the restaurant and the rest were locals. Food was superb, simple yet tasty. The atmosphere was great, families, friends and work colleagues together. Bill was just over €100 for 4 courses, great bottle of wine and water with bread. Close to the ESH hotel, about a 15 minute walk, perfect as we missed the last bus.

Be prepared to try and work out the menu as its all in Italian, there are a couple of English speaking staff who are on hand to help but nothing a iPhone translator can't handle!

Once again the food was the best meal we had in "Rome" exactly what we were looking for.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Solid menu with great pasta. Also wait staff took time to translate a lengthy menu for us and were very patient.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I live just down the street from this place, and I don't know why I would travel any farther than L'Altro Sostegno for a great meal. A true Osteria, the charming atmosphere of this place reflects the personalities of its family owners. Its simply a relaxing atmosphere that makes one feel at home. The menu changes with the seasons so it is always fresh. (although its hard to let go of my favorites, it forces me to try something new!) The menu is smaller than larger places but always broad enough to suit most tastes. Allow your waitperson to suggest something, they will not steer you wrong! Do try the antipasti. The waitstaff is limited so sometimes when the place if full they are a bit stretched. Not a problem by Italian standards, but might be judged differently by Americans who are impatient.

1  Thank Joe G
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Wife and I wanted a nice meal for our last night in Rome. I found this place on trip advisor close to our hotel. We made a reservation and arrived a few minutes late. Traffic in Rome is a mess. We were greeted by Valentina, the owners wife. The menu was in Italian. Valentina came over and explained the menu. She speaks very good english. I had a mixed salad, my wife had ravioli and I had the fettucini. Both were excellent. Valentina recommended her cheese cake to finish with. It was very light.

I only wish we could spend another night to make a return visit.