“3days in Rome”

Ranked #34 of 1,259 Hotels in Rome
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“3days in Rome”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This small hotel was perfect for our three day break. Close to the square where the trams and buses stopped. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Particularly when recommending restaurants. The only niggle for us was the room and bathroom were cold(November) and the air con did not give off any heat when the thermostat was turned up. Apart from being cold we really enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank kay a
vaticanview, Receptionist at Vatican View, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Kay,

Thank you for your nice review.

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience about the heating..Normaly all the clients say to us that at the Vatican View the rooms are too hot :) ihih..
Please, next time I will ask you to say to me all the problems about the room and I will resolve all in few minutes! The happiness of my clients is the most important thing and I want that your holiday to be perfect, without problems! ;)

I'm waiting for you!

*** Happy new year ***

Alessandra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Just arrived back from a 3 night stay at the Vatican View Hotel. When my girlfriend and I arrived there at 9pm Friday evening. We were greeted by Daniel with a great welcome, he was very pleasant and made sure everything was perfect for us. He recommended a lovely restaurant that night which was delicious. The Location is around the corner from St Peters Square, it is an ideal location. The room itself was lovely, big double bed, walk in closet, small kitchen area and huge bathroom with walk in shower. Just some constructive feedback would be maybe some English speaking channels on the TV would be a nice to have. Rome really is an amazing city, every corner you turn is full of history and character. The Basilica is out of this world as I am Irish and a devout Catholic this was a big thing for me to see. We even caught mass in the basilica from one of the cardinals which was amazing. The Vatican Museum is good, the sisteen chapel was the highlight. Price was 16 euro per adult, but its worth it to see the sisteen chapel alone. Rome is very expensive so becareful where you go for food as there is a lot of tourists traps. I would look for where the locals go, also it is very hard to find a super market which sells stuff you are used to back home. There was a Spar close by but wasn't easy to find so make sure you get what you need as it will be hard to find a shop on the street corners. Also be very careful with the taxi's, they like to go on detours and charge you more. I had a bad experience were a taxi man did not have change to give me, the fare was 13 euro and I gave him 20 euro, he had no change, he was shouting and arguing with me cause I didnt have any less than 20 euro. In the end he knew he wasn't going to win and gave me back 10 euro change. It is best to organise taxi's with Daniel or Alessandra at the reception. When we checked out Alessandra was so pleasant and nice to deal with and all the staff were brilliant too. I can't wait to come back here again and would like to thank Daniel and Alessandra and the house keeping staff for all their help and good work they done for us. Thanks guys and with the help of god we will see you soon. Ciao :-)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gavin T
vaticanview, Receptionist at Vatican View, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Gavin

Thank you so much for these beautiful words!

Our small hotel it is just around the corner of Saint Peter Square, sometimes you can even hear the voice of the Pope from the window... also 10 minutes far from the other iconic places in Rome.
Your room (314) is a double deluxe room and as you already wrote, there is a huge bathroom with a confortable bathtub, a walk-in closet and also a walk-in shower.
Guys, has been a pleasure meeting you and we really hope to see you again.
Next time, send us an email or go to see our official website to find all the offers available and don't forget to follow us on our Facebook page, Vatican View Rome.

Hugs from Rome

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is located right on the doorstep of St. Peters Square. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. The room (311) were spacious and very clean and tidy. However, they lacked the finishing touches that turns a room into a comfortable cosy hotel room. For example the rooms had very little storage other than one big wardrobe with lots of hanging space. This was fine for the clothes which could be hung, for all our underwear etc. we had to keep them on the sofa which meant the room didn't feel comfortable. There was no cabinet or side board to put out our toiletries etc. so we had to take the lamps off the bed side table and use them to put our toiletries and other bits and pieces. My fiancées bedside table smelt of vomit which wasn't pleasant. The bathrooms are luxurious but small, the shower is amazing with a proper drench shower in a huge shower cubicle. There was no option for breakfast and the reception is to the side in a souvenir shop, which isn't open 24/7 as you would expect a hotel reception to be. The bed was comfortable but lacked a duvet. The roof top is lovely with great seating areas. It is a great place just let down by a few finishing touches.

1 Thank Jayz1975
Dear Jayz1975,

Thank you for the review.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the Vatican View wasn't nice .
The day of your check-out I was there and, when you told me just about the problem with the smell of vomit, I went up to the room to check it personally. That day I felt just perfume, but I don't doubt about your words and everything, perhaps, happened during the previous days.
I'm only sad that I knew it just at the end of your stay.. I would have immediately solved the problem if you said me before.
Our beautiful deluxe room 311 has a large closet where, above, you can find extra pillows, blankets and duvets, below there is the space where you can put your luggages, on the left and on the right there are the drawers and space to hang clothes. If all this wasn't enough, you can ask for an extra frame without additional cost.. the happiness of our customers is very important for us, so we are always ready to satisfy your every need. The bathroom has a soap dish, a toothbrush holder, two mirrors (one big and one little), a spacious shelf, under the sink, where you can put bags or accessories. In addition, in this shelf, you will also find a bathroom kit free of charge ( including slippers ). The icing on the cake on the room 311are the sofa and a spacious shower.
Our reception service is available 24 hours on 24 by calling the n°9 from your phone in the room. The breakfast, however, is not available and it is specified in all the websites about us. Just because we don't want to disappoint the customer, we have included a small and free breakfast kit that you will find, everyday, in the room.
Dear Jayz,
I invite you to stay again at the Vatican View where, I promise you, you will spend a perfect holiday! The staff and I in particulary, we'll do our best to make every day memorable :)
I hope to see you soon!

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Bedford, Texas
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! We stayed there 2 nights. The staff was so friendly!! The kept our luggage since we got their before check-in, they recommended restaurants, they gave us maps and offered advice, and got us wake-up calls and cabs. Couldn't have been happier with the staff or hotel. The hotel is small so you are treated like one of the family and the location was perfect---right by the vatican, lots of restaurants and shops. The rooms are all updated and were very nice. The shower was wonderful. There is a coffee bar right next door that has the best coffee ever. Also a gift shop next door if you need some quick gifts for anybody at home. The view from the rooftop is great--can see St. Peters while you're drinking some wine at night. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank hans0901
vaticanview, Receptionist at Vatican View, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you very much for the awesome review!!!

We are happy to know that your stay was great .
Everyday we try to make our best just for your happiness, we like to see you happy! For this reason we try to give you the best informations about the restaurants shopping streets and all that concerne our beautiful city.
So, next time, take a look at our official Website and come to visit us for more than 2 days.

A big hug from all of us.

Florence, Italy
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel immensely. The room was spacious, clean and well decorated. The location was perfect for our visit to the Vatican and the view from the roof terrace was genuinely good. The best thing about the hotel is the team at the front desk. They clearly enjoy their work and they were perfect hosts.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dirk

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THESE BEAUTIFUL WORDS!

We do our job with passion every day and we try to satisfy all our friends that share their time with us and we like the fact that you enjoyed your vacation.
Our hotel it is in one of the best areas in Rome, We are very close to the Vatican and also to all the sightseeing places in downtown.
Our terrace, with smooth cushions and relaxing sofas, it is one of our strong point .
So, next time that you want to visit our beautiful city, take a look at our official Website to find out all the offers available on that period or if you prefer, email us.

A big hug from all of us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and i stayed at the Vatican View in mid November. Following booking the hotel, we were offered airport pick up for 60euro's each way which we decided was the best way to transfer. We greeted at the airport by a friendly, well dressed driver who drove us to the hotel in a very comfortable, clean, modern car. If you are a little unsure about taxis, trains and buses from the airport to the hotel, then i cannot recommend this highly enough as it is a stress free way of getting to the hotel.
Upon arrival at Vatican View, we were greeted by Allesandra, who made check in very easy, was very friendly and helpful. We were very kindly given a complimentary upgrade to a delux double room which was a lovely surprise.
Our room (311) was very big, modern, spotlessly clean with a couch, armchair and small fridge with free bottled water which was replaced daily. The bathroom is also very modern, clean with a beautiful separate shower room, plenty of towels, a heated towel rail and complimentary shampoo and soap. There was also a hairdryer and 2 enormous mirrors.
With the windows open, we noticed a lot of street noise, however, it is silent with them shut, and the room was airconditioned so if visiting in the summer the room can be kept cool.
The location of the hotel is outstanding with St Peter's Square being less than a minute's walk from the hotel. Around and about there are many restaurants and cafe's to choose from. We asked the staff on reception for recommendations on places to eat and they were only too happy to help.
All of the Vatican View staff that we met during our stay (Alessandra, Daniel, Franscesca and Fabio) were so friendly and helpful and really made us feel so welcome. One day we plan to return and we will definitely be booking in at the Vatican View once more. As for the rest of Rome... Amazing!

2 Thank Dan T
vaticanview, Receptionist at Vatican View, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Dan,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

We're so happy to know that your stay was nice. As you well wrote, the Hotel has an amazing position (just few seconds from the St. Peter Square), modern rooms and a funny staff always ready to give you their best for your holiday!
The room 311 is one of our deluxe.. it's very beautiful, modern and equipped of all that you need during the stay. Inside you will find a double bed, a bathroom with shower, shampoo, bath tube, slippers, hairnets, a kit for breakfast (coffee, tea, milk, cakes, and biscuits), water, wardrobe, safe, extra pillows, extra covers, tv led and internet wifi. Just in few rooms there is also a little sofa or an armchair and in all the rooms there are the two-way mirror.. so you can sleep without noises from the street.
The deluxe room is perfect if you want have a romantic holiday or if you stay many nights.. anyway, i remember to all our lovely Friends that also the standard rooms are very nice :)

We hope to see you again! Next year come back during the holidays like Christmas.. we have many gifts during these events!

A big big big hug.

Alessandra.

PS: If you made the photo, don't forget to see it on Facebook :)
Kentucky
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We spent three nights last week and could not have been happier. The location is as near to the Vatican as possible, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the service was outstanding! Alexandra was so friendly and helpful; making reservations for the Vatican Museum, recommending restaurants, and calling cabs for us. We really felt welcomed and at home. The rooftop terrace with the view of the dome of St Peter's is really special. Of course the Vatican View M&Ms topped of the whole trip!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Thecolonelkentucky,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review :)

We're glad to know that your stay was good thanks to... the M&Ms!!! :) :) :) ihih
Relais Vatican View is a particular Hotel.. it offers to you beautiful rooms, a panoramic terrace with the St. Peter view and a friendly and funny staff! It was a big pleasure to help you with the Vatican museum tickets, information and taxi.. it's not just my job.. I made it because I love to do my best to make you wonderful your holiday :)

I'm waiting for you next year.. don't forget us!

Hugs and Kisses,