“Excellent Hotel ...Perfect Location !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vatican View

Vatican View
Ranked #34 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Hotel ...Perfect Location !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were absolutely delighted with this superb boutique hotel.Fabio and his staff were extremely helpful and charming.The room we stayed was elegant , stylish and very comfortable.The bathroom was very clean with modern fittings.The location of this lovely hotel is just perfect. its just five minutes walk from the spectacular St. Peter's Basilica.There are numerous restaurants and gift shops near by.This was our first trip to the beautiful city of Rome and the hotel and its excellent staff made our stay an unforgettable one.I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great stay and visit the Vatican and the other awe-inspiring tourist attractions of Rome. Thanks again to you Fabio. Excellent job. Bella from Malaysia.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
vaticanview, Receptionist at Vatican View, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Bella,
Thank you for the review. It's a pleasure to read it!
Come back soon to enjoy with us your next holidays.
Alessandra.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was our first trip to Rome and we couldn't have asked for a better stay! My sister and I are both very picky about where we stay when we go away...but at this hotel we felt right at home. As soon as we arrived, we received a warm welcome from the manager Fabio who automatically upgraded us from a standard double room to the St.Peter's Suite because we were staying 9 nights. We didn't even have to carry our luggage to the room...they told us to just leave our things in the lobby and they took care of everything. The room itself was very big. Our bathroom was nice and spacious...there was a large shower and a bathtub. We had a queensized bed with a very comfortable mattress. There was also a little kitchenette and a walk in closet. We were also very impressed at how modern and clean the room was. Everything looked newly renovated which was very important for us. We felt extremely comfortable in our very spacious, air-conditioned room. They also had excellent room service...our rooms were always clean and 2 fresh bottles of water were placed in our fridge every day. The hotel also provided free wifi, which was really useful for us. When my sister and I were planning our trip to Rome, we were deliberating between one hotel near the Colosseum and this one. We were worried the the Vatican View would be too far from the city center. For those of you who have that same concern, let me put your doubts to rest. The Vatican View is in an awesome location. It was a very safe area and very quiet at night. The 62 bus stop was literally 2 steps away from the hotel and also other bus stops and the metro station were not more than a 7 minute walk. It was also not very far from Piazza Navona, which is probably one of the most beautiful piazza's in Rome. We would always end off our night by passing in front of the Vatican and St.Peter's square...lit up at night, this was a sight to see! The best part about this hotel was the service. Fabio, Alessandra, and Daniele really went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. They even gave us their mobile numbers so that we could contact them at any time. Both my sister and I feel that the staff went over and above to make our stay at the Vatican View the best experience possible...and it really was! Thank you so much to Fabio, Alessandra, and Daniele...we will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrea F
Dear Andrea and Sarah,
Thank you for you lovely words. We miss you already!
The best part of our job is when the client became a friend.. also it's a bad part because, one day, you will depart.. it's the same all the time.
Also, we are glade to read that you enjoyed our hotel.
We hope to see you soon again!
A big kiss.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

At first I thought we were lost, but the reception was next door to the hotel entrance. The room stunned me, modern, well equipped. We even had a kitchen. But it was the bed, shower and aircon that made this place wonderful. After a plane journey these made our day. I would use this hotel again just because of the shower. The roof garden made the Vatican View truly great. It has a direct view across the rooftops to Castillo de San Angelo. Oh and yes you can see the Vatican and if you can't, you're blind, so just walk around the corner to be in Saint Peters square. I can't rate this hotel higher. The staff were friendly and very helpful. They even printed my boarding pass and recommended a restaurant, which was fantastic and very reasonably priced. If you are reading this, Hi Daniel. Thank you for making our holiday so special. Two thumbs up. Ciao.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Psyonicwombat
vaticanview, Receptionist at Vatican View, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Psyonicwombat,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We're happy to read it!
Come back soon!!! We miss you.
A big hug.
Daniel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Vatican View was difficult to recognize at first, but the cab driver knew where to go. We were welcomed by friendly English speaking Daniel & Allesandra. After check in Daniel took our luggage 8 steps to the elevator and showed us to our very modern and comfortable room. As a middle aged couple we were pleasantly surprised. Location was perfect . So close to The Vatican & St Peter's Square. We did a tour of The Vatican and were able to walk to the meeting point. Also walking distance from great shopping and many many sidewalk bars and restaurants. We walked to the sightseeing "hop on hop off" bus stop at St Peter's Square and were able to go all over town, see what we wanted and get dropped off back near our hotel. We spent one evening in the rooftop lounge which was very pleasant, with special attention from Daniel. Fabio was very helpful in printing off our vouchers & making phone calls to Italian speaking tour organizers for us. All in all a very personal friendly stay that we recommend highly and will remember for a lifetime. Thanks guys it was awesome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jan,
Thank you for your fantastic review!
"All in all a very personal friendly stay that we recommend highly and will remember for a lifetime".. sweet words.
Come back soon!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is not a hotel. It is a building with 15 rooms for rent with a laminated paper sign that actually said "Rooms for rent." The reception area was the wine shop next door. This "hotel" was a joke. The AC was broken. And there was no view of the Vatican.

• Stayed June 2012
7 Thank TwinSistah
Dear TwinSistah,
The Relais Vatican View is a little Hotel but good things come in a small sizes. When you enter in our reception, you can find a little magic world to enjoy your stay.
Every day we try to do our best to make special your holiday thanks to our rooms with kit for breakfast including, our kind staff and our terrace where you can see the Vatican. Sometimes we fail in it for technical problems like your air-conditioned, but we try to solve it ASAP.
I’m really sorry for the inconvenience during your stay and I would like to rectify with an invitation to stay again at our hotel where, personally, I will make sure that everything goes according to your needs.
Please contact me as soon as possible. I care very much!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Relais Vatican View for three nights at the beginning of June and had a great time at this hotel. The location is literally right next to St. Peter's square so perfect for exploring Vatican City. It's 10 minutes' walk to the nearest Metro station (Ottaviano) and about 15 minutes' walk to the cool neighborhood of Trastevere in the southwest of the city.

We stayed in the Double Room, which is the cheapest room offered. The room was definitely small, typical of European city hotels, but all of the hotel was clean and tidy with funky modern finishings. Maid service daily; coffee, tea, croissants and water are all included as standard - which was a nice touch - and bottles of wine are in the room for purchase. The roof deck is really cool with great views over the city and comfy seats to chill out with a book and a drink while the sun sets over this amazing city.

Reception is in the building next-door to the hotel and the staff were very helpful and friendly. LGBT-friendly and they didn't blink an eye when my boyfriend and I were checking in. Would definitely recommend for couples who are staying for a few days in the city and want to be well positioned to view the main sites.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dtridley,
Thank you for your nice review.
We're happy to read that your stay was good. We hope to see you soon!
Also, I promise you a big room for the next time!
Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I went to Italy in mid May. I wanted to stay close to Vatican as it was a semi-pilgrimage trip for us. At the beginning, I struggled if I should choose Visconti Palace or Vatican View (a proper hotel vs an apartment type hotel). I chose Vatican View at the end after reading good reviews from Tripadvisor.
This is probably the longest review I wrote because I don't think the hotel is as good as what other reviewers commented.
The positives: 1) right next to Vatican 2) Super friendly and helpful staff.
The negatives: I was disappointed with the rooms and housekeeping of the hotel. Vatican View is not really a 4 star hotel. There is no proper entrance and lobby. The check-in was done in a small shop next door. I picked a Suite for the 3 of us because I wanted my parents to be more comfortable in a spacious room, but the room is not really a Suite. It is just a bigger room with a small washroom. The Suite in other hotels in Rome come with a living room + bedroom and a lot bigger. I was not happy with it and discussed with the hotel staff. I was trying to cancel and move to another hotel, but because I had to pay cancellation penalty I decided to stay. It was very nice of them to offer me 2 connecting rooms so I could have my own room. Although more spacious, we found that the rooms were quite dirty. It was dusty everywhere. We tried boiling water with 3 kettles and all of them were filled with dust. The boiled water had strong soapy smell for some reason (the smell of their hand soap....). The smell didn't go away even after 3 boils and we gave up. This is quite disgusting. I saw dirty marks inside the kettle, so I tried cleaning it with one of the towels. It was SO dirty! The towel had big black mark from rubbing the kettle!! I left my dirty towel next to the sink, hoping the housekeeping person would change them. But he didn't. None of the towels were changed during our stay for 4 nights. He just hung them back up the rack. I didn't notice until I used it to dry my hair and saw the black dirty mark from cleaning the kettle. Very disgusting!
The hotel does not offer any breakfast as they don't have any restaurant. This is fine, but for the price we paid (on average more than EUR 350 per night - very expensive), we could have stayed in a proper 4 star hotel at a cheaper price with proper breakfast and clean rooms. We checked the rooms in Visconti Palace and their Junior Suite was huge and beautiful for less than EUR 320 per night with a living room + bedroom.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Fabio and Alessandra. They were trying their best to help, but I understand there is nothing much they could do because it is not really their problem (esp they have already upgraded our rooms). Fabio was sincere and nice to hear my feedback when we checked-out, and I hope they could really look into improving the housekeeping of the hotel. My suggestion is that, if you are just staying for one night and want something very close to Vatican (esp for special events in Vatican), that's fine but watch out for the price.

P.S. The Bar Cafe next to the hotel was really bad. The pizza was basically not edible.

Room Tip: Expensive rooms but dirty and without proper hotel amenities and housekeeping standard