“Awful experience, slow and over priced”
Review of Trattoria al 19

Trattoria al 19
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Trattoria al 19 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,959 of 12,683 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Just arrived in Monti area, I went with a friend to 19 Al thinking the cute façade would represent a nice culinary experience in Rome. How wrong! We waited almost 45min (!) for a plate of passable meat (for me) and almost raw veal that my friend who was not able to finish. The side dish (artichoke…and I mean one piece) was outrageously charged 6,00Euro. The comic part arrived when we had to wait for the owner to pay the bill as he was outside…in another restaurant…guess we will do the same next time…we will pick another one!

1  Thank GuillaumeC

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Rome is beautiful but ... no service , all restaurants serves only pasta and pizza !!! very not easy to find good fresh fish , sea food restaurant.
When you are coming from London you like to try something more then pizza!!
Sure we can recomend Al 19 Trattoria , fresh , good food for the price.
2 smily waiters was very helpful and with excellent service.Restaurant was full a lot of variety of food and wine to choose.
Baby squid and octopus carppaccio was delicious! We will recomend this friendly restaurant for all out friends.
Well done !

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very nice place. The two young guys were running it when we went. Both friendly and helpful. We had swordfish and ravioli with seafood. Both very good. Chocolate cake was amazing. Overall nice feel to the place. It was our last restaurant in Rome and I was happy with my last meal there.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I visited the Trattoria al 19 because it was one of the few open restaurants after 14:30 in the street. However, after the experience, I would have not minded if it had been close.
The waiters were slow and not specially friendly. We ordered easy pasta dishes, but the quality was quite below expected. I can not recommend such place; there are many other good alternatives around!

1  Thank RM00184
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We were recommended to eat here on our first night in Rome. We had a simple but lovely buffalo mozzarella with tomatoes for a starter followed by a couple of pasta dishes. Both were typical roman pasta dishes and recommended by the helpful waiter. Again very simple but very good! Wine was good, order a local dry white and were not disappointed. My husband had pears honey and goats cheese for dessert and was blown away by it. Simple, basic food done nicely! The bill was very good. We came away happy customers and will return before we leave.