WINNER WONDERLAND

Trattoria al 19
Ranked #8,527 of 11,635 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Monti
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Very nice place. The two young guys were running it when we went. Both friendly and helpful. We had swordfish and ravioli with seafood. Both very good. Chocolate cake was amazing. Overall nice feel to the place. It was our last restaurant in Rome and I was happy with my last meal there.

• Greek first
Mexico City, Mexico
“Service and food below the standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I visited the Trattoria al 19 because it was one of the few open restaurants after 14:30 in the street. However, after the experience, I would have not minded if it had been close.
The waiters were slow and not specially friendly. We ordered easy pasta dishes, but the quality was quite below expected. I can not recommend such place; there are many other good alternatives around!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank RM00184
“Nice food, good service and well worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

We were recommended to eat here on our first night in Rome. We had a simple but lovely buffalo mozzarella with tomatoes for a starter followed by a couple of pasta dishes. Both were typical roman pasta dishes and recommended by the helpful waiter. Again very simple but very good! Wine was good, order a local dry white and were not disappointed. My husband had pears honey and goats cheese for dessert and was blown away by it. Simple, basic food done nicely! The bill was very good. We came away happy customers and will return before we leave.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

As an Italian American, I have had a lot of good italian food at home and in restaurants in NYC but this place had some of the best pasta dishes I have ever tasted. The Bucatini all'Amatriciana was the best I have ever had and the guanicale in it was pure bliss. The pasta cacio e pepe was enough reason for me to want to go back to Rome, exceptional. They use fresh pasta for both dish. Out of 7 nights we ate there 4 times because the food was just wonderful. So disappointed the Tuesday night that they were closed. The pastiera dessert a speciality of Naples was almost as good as my own recipe. Do yourself a favor if your in Rome stop there for some of the best pasta you are ever likely to taste.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver
“Very lovely local trattoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

Very nice local trattoria, food was nicely prepared they were trying some new menu ideas and really interested in feedback. They also own the little trattoria next door so often went back and forth to get coffee. Wine list is extensive but bit pricey was offered a new wine item , chianti which was quite drinkable. Would go back.