“Strange start to a wonderful vacation”
Review of Rome Armony Suites

Rome Armony Suites
Ranked #8 of 3,690 Rome B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chantilly, Virginia
“Strange start to a wonderful vacation”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Sept. 3-5:
Me and my niece were on a 10 day Italy tour to Rome and the Amalfi coast so we decided that we were gonna add a few days to our trip to see Florence and Venice . The location was great, easy to get around and perfectly safe. Our room was always nice and clean, exception of no electricity the first day of arrival. Well the electricity was on the fritz but I know that it was the building and Lucca was terribly sorry about it and very apologetic, but we managed to do everything in the semi-darkness, oh well things happen.
But it was still a great trip and our apartment was very comfortable. And we would definitely stay there again. Only if Lucca is still there...:)

Room Tip: Lucca is the best concierge you can find, genuinely kind and caring to visitors of his town.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ponchoandcoco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2013

What can I say., My week in Rome was fantastic and I couldn't have selected a better place to stay than Armony Suites. The owner, Luca, is a colorful guy who goes out of his way to make your trip seem personal. His advice on transportation, restaurants and shops was priceless. He will help you with your plans once you get to Rome. The room was clean, bed comfortable, bathroom small but adequate. An intimate and quiet B&B, walk to the Vatican, Metro Station ,Shopping districts and all of central Rome. Breakfast at Brown and Co. was fine, coffee and a croissant to start the morning. Would gladly stay again.

Room Tip: Room #4 has a nice quiet view of the courtyard
1 Thank ciluffome
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Oct 1 - 4: this was my husband and I's first time in Rome and spent hours and hours trying to figure out where to stay. We finally decided on Rome Armony Suites because of the wonderful reviews we read on Trip Advisor. The best part is they were all right! Luca made our trip! He helped book tours to the major sites through vendors he knows and saved us a ton of money. He recommended restaurants to lunch and dinner that were excellent but not overly priced. The neighbor, Prati, is an upscale area that we felt very safe walking at night in. The breakfast Luca includes in at a caffe just around the corner called Brown. Very tasty croissants and cappucino's. He even helped our cousins who were staying in another B&B in the same building after we left. I know when I return to Rome, I have a friend, Luca, that I can stay with and know he will recommend the best places to see.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephannie C
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I would recommend the Armony Suites to anyone visiting Rome. It is centrally located (very close to St. Peter's Basilica) but feels like a quiet refuge after a day of wondering around Rome. The best part of the Armony Suites is Luca, the owner. Luca was amazing! He went above and beyond to ensure our stay in Rome was pleasant and extraordinary. He helped us plan excursions each day and had recommendations for unusual excursions, good restaurants, and the best gelato in the city. He patiently listened to the Italian phrases we tried to learn and taught us a few new ones. On the day we left Rome to travel north to Tuscany, he jumped on his moped and escorted us to the city limits, so we wouldn't get lost. Staying at the Armony Suites and getting to know Luca was a true pleasure. When I return to Rome, I'll definitely try to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Uebermaedel
St Andrews
Reviewed October 6, 2013

There isn't much I can add that hasn't already been said about how wonderful the Rome Armony Suites are. Luca is an absolute gem, a very interesting and cool guy, and goes way beyond what is expected to be helpful. We had such a great time there. The area, Prati, is a very smart residential neighbourhood and had lots of real, non-touristy restaurants and shops. It was 5 minutes to the metro, Vatican, river etc and we got all around Rome very easily.

The room was spotless, and the bed was gigantic, with lights under it! I've come across huge beds before, but they have tended to be two mattresses zipped together - this wasn't one of those, it was just one big mattress, I think around 8ft wide. It was really comfortable and the type of bed I imagine celebrities would sleep in.

We fell in love with Rome and will be back. We will have no hesitation about booking with Luca again. Can't recommend Rome Armony Suites highly enough!

2 Thank BridieBradyStAndrews
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We booked a room at this B&B after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and were not disappointed. Our room was very spacious and clean, the wifi was free and worked well. The location was truly great, we could walk everywhere we wanted to go, but our room was nice and quiet. Close to the subway if you want to take a longer trip. Our host Andrea helped us with maps, directions and restaurants.

The only thing we missed was a better working fridge in our room. Otherwise there was nothing more we could have wished for!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hanna L
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was my first time in Rome. I did pick this place due to the reviews that were discussed her on trip advisor. I must say that I was not disappointed! Luca was a very dedicated and caring person that wants nothing but your stay in Rome to be most memorable. He made my wife and I feel welcome from the first contact we made with him in Rome, even before we me him. He greets you at the door, proceeds to help in any way he can. The rooms are also the largest in four different places we stayed on our journey with the most updated amenities. Very clean and comfortable I must say. No noise at all heard from the street. His suggestions about particular not so touristy spots to partake in are a must!!! They bring Rome to life. Look no further for your needs in Rome. I would return her is ever in Rome again!!

2 Thank Rick S