“Best B&B we've ever stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rome Armony Suites

Rome Armony Suites
Ranked #9 of 3,762 Rome B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton
“Best B&B we've ever stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at the Armony Suites earlier this month and we were thoroughly impressed. Our flight was delayed and we arrived almost 3 hours late yet Luca was waiting for us with a welcoming smile. He truly cares about his guests and goes the extra mile to ensure your stay is perfect. All his suggestions were spot on and he even suggested a great app for our iPhones to use at the Colosseum and Roman Forum. The room was spacious, with great linen on the bed and a beautiful ensuite. A mini bar fridge was provided for our use. Two complimentary bottles of water were provided every day. Centrally located we were able to walk to the Vatican and many other attractions. There's a metro station just a few blocks away as we'll. We can't wait to be back in Rome and at Armony Suites. Highly recommend this B&B. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank EdCordova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Luca's most excellent Rome Armony Suites in November. This was my first time visiting The Eternal City and Luca made me feel right at home. Ideally located in a beautiful, historic building in the center of the city near the Vatican, I can't imagine a better location. My suite was spacious, quiet, meticulously clean, the linens were first class, the bed was very comfortable and I had a lovely view over Via Cola di Rienzo. I loved the fully equipped and full sized, modern bagno (bathroom). Charming Luca was a very attentive host and gave me excellent recommendations for restaurants and helped me plan my activities. His suggestions on when and where to go made my visit extra special. The car service to/from the airport is well worth the fee. Highly recommend. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: I stayed in the corner suite over looking Via Cola di Rienzo. I can't remember which room number...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Attache_001
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Rome in May 2012. Our stay at Rome Harmony Suite is still a vivid and beautiful memory or our week spent there. The accomodations are perfect, Clean, spacious, in a historice buidling but with all the modern amenities you would wish for. The locations - perfect- in a real neighborhood just around the corner from the Vatican and a metro stop and buses that get you wherever you want to travel to. The best is Luca and Andrea. every correspondence from booking to questions to the arrival encounter was special. one can see that Luca loves showing off" his" Rome to all visitors and sharing the special highlights that one might not find as a regular tourist. All of Luca's recommendations for restaruants--- superb-- to die for food, gelato and pastries. Thank you thank you Luca. Andrea takes over with just as much helpfulness and apparent passionfor the eternal City. While I speak fluent Italian, Luca's help in recommendations was the icing to the cake of our visit. His and Andrea's English is great so communication is never a problem. I am so happy to see your award but sad because now I think it will be impossible to get a room in the future. We hope returning customers will have preference

I giorni trascorso a Roma erano fantastico- grazie a Luca e Andrea!!!!!
A presto

Maria & Paul Lee

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Paul L
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

After finding Rome Armony at TripAdvisor in July I decided to book it in a good advantage to my trip to Italy in January. When we arrived at the door of the B&B, Luca, the owner and great host, helped us with the bags and tips about where to go and what to do in the area. The B&B is located at Prati, that is different from the other touristic places in Roma. It is a residential area, that although is very near the Vatican, still keeps its typical restaurants and shops. Our room had the perfect size and a window facing the indoor patio. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean. There are a few markets nearby where it was possible to buy water, wine and snacks to keep in our mini bar. There was also free wifi. Breakfast was at Brown&Co, where we usually had a croissant or a cornetto and cappuccino.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RenataBiancalana
Rapid City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

great location (walking distance to all major sites), very friendly (Luca is charming!), prices well worth it. This relly deserves its top place in the list. we were very happy from the moment we entered till we left.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniela S
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spent a week at the suites and found it clean, comfortable and very deserving of its' trip advisor rating. Very well positioned - quick walks to the vatican, piazza del poppolo, castel sant angelo, other sights and metro stations. Breakfast was in a little cafe in the next street, which opens early and makes the BEST pastries! Luca was fantastic - just as other travellers have indicated. He was ultra helpful in many respects - including helping us organise a doctor to visit when my partner was ill. If you're visiting Rome, I 100% recommend you stay at the Rome Armony Suites.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank samjr_7
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I just got back from a 2 week trip across the mid section of Italy. I spent lots of time on TA, but nothing I read really painted the picture. I hope this hotel/Italy review will help you understand what to expect.

First off, Luca is a great guy. He genuinely cares for each of his guests. This is really important in Italy, because overall the people are not very friendly/helpful. Luca was one of two people over my entire 2 week trip that had customer service standards typical of what you find in the US. In fact, he even has standards for whom he allows to stay at his B&B.

***Note: if somebody is overly friendly/helpful to you in train stations or touristy areas they're probably trying to rob you.

Rome is like the NYC of Italy. And just like in NYC Rome Armony Suites has compact rooms. They are finished modern, and reminiscent of Ikea furnishings. The bathroom is decent size but the shower stall is compact as well. Note: nothing in my review will be negative...I'm just trying to paint the picture for you.

The hotel is in a great neighborhood. It's just steps to a street that has lots of shopping, but things seem to close down at night making it a quiet respite. It's not in a neighborhood with lots of bars or nightclubs which I liked. From the hotel you can walk to most attractions, and I would suggest taking the subway to the Colosseum/Forum area. There is a Metro stop about 5 blocks away.

I know this is a hotel review, but I wanted to mention something about the food in Italy. I was extremely excited to eat my face off in Italy, but I found the food behind the times compared to America. Italian food in Italy is simple...too simple. If your main reason to visit Italy is dining you will be disappointed. Exception = Gelato

Back to Rome Armony Suites. The B&B is located in a residential building on the 2nd Floor. I didn't count, but I think there was about 10 rooms in the tiny wing - all the rooms are off a short hallway that runs about 40 feet. There is a small old school elevator which holds 3-4 people, but if you have luggage you'll have to nominate one person in your group to drive it up or down with your bags. The foyer/stairway is nothing special, but it was nice to live like real Romans. At night the main door is locked and you use a magnetic key card to open the automatic door.

Just inside the door (on the 2nd floor) to Rome Armony Suites there is a small desk where Luca normally hangs out in the morning and early evening. I'm a big time planner so I didn't need a lot of his attention, but I could tell he would be a great resource for a non-planner type.

I would say the greatest benefit to staying at Rome Armony Suites is knowing that you have a local friend in Italy in the event something bad happens like getting sick. Also, Luca was great at helping arrange transportation to/from the airport.

Oh, and I wanted to comment on Brown & Co. which is where you get your Italian Breakfast in the morning through the B&B. It's just 1 block away and very clean & modern. They have a wide selection of pastries, and it's a great place to have glass of wine at the end of a site seeing day. If you don't speak Italian you can just point at which type of pastry you want. Just to be clear: breakfast means some sort of Croissant/Donut/Pastry and a beverage such as Coffee/Juice/Soda.

Hope this helps!