“Fantastic Guest House in perfect location, great host” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rome Armony Suites
Ranked #9 of 3,732 Rome B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Sussex
“Fantastic Guest House in perfect location, great host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed in the Armony Suites in March 2011 and had an amazing trip. We travelled with another couple and booked 2 double rooms by email with Luca, the owner. From day 1 Luca was friendly, helpful and accommodating.
The Armony Suites is a beautiful building in a perfect central location. Opened in June 2010 the rooms are almost brand new and have been furnished to a high standard with a lovely shower, powerful hairdryer, flat screen TV and free wireless. The beds are so comfortable.
Luca couldnt have been more friendly or helpful, organising tours, booking our tickets to The Vatican Museum, recommending restaurants and taxis. He really is lovely and made our trip.
Location wise it's in a quite road just off the loveliest shopping road. It's 5 minutes walk froim The Vatican and Castelle St Angelo. It's minutes walking distance of numerous lovely restaurants, shops, ice cream cafes and taxis.
Can't recommend it highly enough!!! Thanks Luca!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Booniebaby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I'm delayed in writing this so most of my memories are a bit fuzzy. BUT, here is what I do remember and I think these are the things that are most important. The walk from the train stop was about 10-15 minutes depending on how fast you want to walk. The walk is good, lined with lots of shops. Luca, the proprietor, was incredibly friendly and you could tell, excited about making sure his guests enjoyed themselves. He had recommendations for restaurants (one that had an amazing carbonara) that were a short walk away and didn't charge tourist prices. The hotel and room were clean. I don't think there were any toiletries provided beyond soap, so, you'll want to bring your own. Bottled water was provided in the hotel. The hotel was also an easy walk to explore Rome, if you're a walker. We walked all over the town and rarely took the train, so, for us, the location was good. The breakfast coupons were for a cafe that was a 2 minute walk from the hotel. It was great to be able to grab a cafe and a pastry and plan the day. The pastries were fantastic. Plus, we started to feel like locals, standing up, having our pastry and espresso, amongst Italians. It was fun.

What I remember most, and the reason I will go back, is Luca's generosity. On the day we were left it was pouring down rain. We didn't have a lot of luggage, one bag and one small carry-on style suitcase was it. Luca drove us to the nearest subway. He didn't have to, we didn't ask, but he offered and insisted it would be no trouble. We will always remember how great that was. If we ever are fortunate enough to go back to Rome, we won't even need to read other reviews, we'll go here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelDealer
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

I've been to Rome a number of times and can honestly say that this is the best place I've stayed to date. The hotel room was lovely and spacious (with a high spec & newly fitted en-suite). Luca and his family made us feel most welcome - with wonderful suggestions of places to eat, helping us to find local shops & arranging transport to & from the airport. The B&B is a two minute walk to the nearest metro station - but we found ourselves mostly walking from one tourist attraction to another as the B&B is perfectly placed.

I would recommend the B&B to anyone - it's definitely worth the money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

I was a little leary about going to Rome by myself but when I had heard about Rome Armony Suites through a friend who was also going by herself, I decided to give it a shot. I arrived later in the evening and had asked Luca to arrange for someone to pick me up. The person was on time and drove me in a Mercedes directly to Luca's B & B for 45 euros (similar to what you would pay a cab driver out there but no strings attached or hassles). Luca put me at ease when I arrived and outlined everything on the map (nearest metro station was only a 5 minute walk, decent restaurants that didn't rip tourists off, places worth visiting, reservations required at certain museums, etc) and spent nearly an hour walking me through this. He also offered his computer and printer to use if necessary for Skype, email, printing off maps, purchasing tickets online, etc.

He reassured me that it would be a safe area to wander around at night in the Prati district and mentioned places to avoid after 8pm (eg. Termini train station). The Bed and Breakfast is located centrally and everything was walkable (I only took the Metro about 3 times throughout my 6 day stay). Every day, I would see Luca in the evening and he would ask me how my day was. It was like going home to a dad! Being a lone traveller, you don't really end up talking to a lot of people throughout the day. Luca definitely made my day, each and every day by making me feel at home and at ease. Being an amateur photographer, Luca also pointed out some perfect places to take shots of St. Peters' Basilica at night. How lovely!

He also provided vouchers to the local cafe for breakfast. The quaint little cafe was frequented by locals. They spoke a bit of english there and provided you with anything that you needed. Eventually, by the end of my 5 night stay, the gentleman there remembered my daily ritual (banana, milk, fruit salad, croissant and apple tart (to go)). Very impressive and they never put up a fuss saying you ordered too much or caused too much hassle.

The rooms were cleaned to perfection on a daily basis and I loved how there was a hot water boiler so that I could have my tea every morning. There is also a bar fridge in case you wanted to store your left over pasta from the night before. :)

Thank you, Luca for everything. You definitely made my experience in Rome. I would definitely come back, just to stay at his place! The price was reasonable (90 euros/night during the time I stayed including taxes, etc). He is an amazingly hard worker (maintaining his regular job and as well as two bed and breakfasts) and definitely passionate about his business. Despite not knowing him at the beginning, even from his prompt email responses, he made you feel at ease and felt like a friend from the get go. Words cannot express how grateful I am that I found Luca's Bed and Breakfast. I would come back just to stay at the bed and breakfast!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank cale_corn
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

I just realized that the review I thought I posted never turned up so I needed to write again to make sure Luca gets the kudos he deserves. Before we arrived and throughout our stay in Rome he treated us more like visiting friends than total strangers. He helped us with everything from restaurant recommendations to laundry when the laundromat was closed. I can't say enough about the level of service. When he wasn't there you could leave him a note with questions or requests and by the time you returned it was taken care of.

Armony Suites was convenient to all tourist attractions but enough out of the away to feel like it was coming home every night. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and modern. The complimentary water every night was much appreciated.

Thanks Luca. We will always recommend your place and will come stay with you next time we are in town!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

Fine by photos, perfect in reality! We found ourselves at home. Extra helpful owner who gave us many useful tips to enjoy our visit. Thanks Luca for an unforgettable stay! Location close to the metro and Vatican. Breakfast at a local bar. We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Excellent hotel in brilliant location. 5 minute walk from the vatican, if that. 5 minute walk from the tube station, however we made the most of the architecture by walking all over. Luca was extremely helpful and full of local knowledge and tips on where to eat out and where to go. He recommended a restaurant a 15 minute walk away that serves an all you can eat buffet a glass of wine for 10 euros per person, bargain. Rooms clean, modern and in tip top condition. Would stay here again and as a travel agent can thoroughly recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple