“Perfecto!”
Review of Marco G

Marco G
Reserve with
Marco G is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 12,585 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Description: Fresh & Simple Italian Food & WineVino e Cucina Italiana Semplice e Fresca
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

What a great place. We ate at Marco G's last night as part of a trip for my friend's 40th birthday. The staff made it so special- complimentary extras all round like antipasti, bellinis, prosecco, pudding with a candle. The food was lovely- we had the ?35 set menu and absolutely loved it. The pumpkin ravioli was my favourite dish. The wine was beautiful as well and the waiter recommended us some lovely local wine. The service was so attentive and personal: we felt like superstars. I will certainly eat here again if I return to Rome. We were so impressed with the warmth of hospitality we received- we loved everything about pur meal. Thanks Marco- we had a blast.

There are newer reviews for Marco G

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Definitely worth a trip across the water to Trastevere to visit Marco G. Wonderful food, friendly service, reasonably priced. Charming restaurant, a great find.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have just returned home from a short trip to Rome and felt I needed to post a review about this excellent restaurant.I had read reviews on Tripadvisor and decided this was a restaurant worth visiting.My husband and I were not disappointed...we went 2 nights running.Marco,the owner. and his staff were very warm and attentive.The food is of a high standard and very reasonably priced.Marco's wine recommendation was perfect so don't be afraid to ask him for advice if your not sure.When we return in the to Rome this will be the first restaurant we visit!

2  Thank catherine c
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went to Marco G during our stay in Rome last April after we read the recommendations over here. We made a reservation earlier the day,I think that is necessary.

The atmosphere was really nice. We ordered for starter a tasting of a few things (di terra); ham, cheeses and vegetables. It was good.

We chose a wine from Lazio, which was good as well. For main dish we asked for their recommendation and we chose chicken and Saltimbocca. The portions are not really big, but good enough for us.

As dessert we ate the Tiramisu which was good. We would definitely go there again. The service is very attentive.

1  Thank Elizzze
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Restorant surprised us with exclusive and interesting menu. Try pumpkin raviolli - delicious. Pasta with truffle sauce and sausages was very tasty!
Hosts were friendly but little bit slow because it's only 3 of them and the place was full.
Hope to return here and try more specialities while i'm in Rome!

Been to Marco G? Share your experiences!