“Well-informed and enthusiastic guide”

Little Ivy Private Tours
Ranked #547 of 824 Tours in Rome
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My daughter is studying Classics and we wanted a well-informed personal tour of the classical sites in Rome. We could not have hoped for a better guide than Tess, who was enthusiastic and helpful. She even took the time to advise us on restaurants for the evening. Expensive but highly recommended.

2  Thank AidanL1959

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was my second visit to the Eternal City of Rome and the first for my husband and his family. My sister-in-law booked us a tour with Tess Amadeo-Vickery. Our tour with Tess started at Palatine Hill, then on to the Roman Forum and Coliseum. Tess then took us to the Jewish Ghetto for lunch and then through the streets of Rome ending near the Pantheon. One feels as if they are strolling through the city with an old friend. She knows the city so well and it is clearly apparent she loves it. She effortlessly guided us through the city sharing her knowledge of Rome and its history. The tour with Tess was wonderful and made our trip even more memorable. She is wonderful and we would highly recommend her as your tour guide in Rome.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Rome has so many places to see and many tour guide companies that make you feel like they are just trying to lure you in and herd you through the sites quickly to get the next group in. With Tess we got a customized tour and always felt relaxed and enjoyed listening to her talk about this fantastic city. Tess clearly knows the history and sites to see in Italy. She made sure that we got the most of our visit and that we did not get trapped in big lines waiting! We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Tess and Brett and felt we really got to know the city without being herded around. We highly recommend Tess as a tour guide. You will not regret it!

1  Thank mjosbourne
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I highly recommend considering spending a tour day in Rome with Tess Amadeo-Vickery. From the get-go Tess quickly assessed my interests, my schedule and my pace and proceeded to set up an absolutely compelling day that was complete, relaxed and memorable. Attention to detail was evident at every turn, yet nothing was too much, too precious, too over-wrought. Everywhere we went Tess had balanced the remarkable history of Rome, with the fun and interesting facts of city as it is today. Her language facility was such a relief, down to making sure I got a lunch and superb glass of wine I rank among the best. You can’t go wrong with her. Andrew Garling MD, Falls Church VA

2  Thank agarling
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Having previously traveled to Rome and seen the major sites, my husband and I wanted to explore the city with a highly knowledgeable guide who would show us places that weren't thronged with tourists but were significant in the scheme of Roman art and architecture. Seeking a bespoke experience, we engaged Tess for a day-long private tour and couldn't have been more pleased.

Pre-tour, she worked diligently to ensure that the tour she planned would suit our interests, and the day of the tour we moved from sight to sight without a snag. She shared her impressive knowledge of Roman art and history in an engaging manner - she is not the average pedantic guide spewing hackneyed phrases! Over lunch at a well-chosen (and terrific) restaurant, Tess compared and contrasted life in Rome vs. Manhattan (we're NYC residents, and she lived there for several years). This was an unexpected added bonus that gave us further insight into this remarkable Italian city.

Touring Rome with Tess was the highlight of a two week European trip, and we'd absolutely engage her again.

2  Thank nothol