“Lucky to find this place!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trattoria degli Amici

Trattoria degli Amici
Ranked #685 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Heraklion, Iraklion, Greece
“Lucky to find this place!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were in Roma some days ago wondering around in Trastevere looking for a non-turistic place to eat something local.
Luckily, we found much more than that.
Excelent food and service and warm atmosphere!! Everyone was very polite and the waiter that served us was so friendly and funny!
I wish there was a place like that in Crete where I live.
The only regrets that I have is that I didnt find this place sooner- I found it on the last day of my visit - and that I didnt order also la Tagliata which i see on their site - it seems yummy!
Grazie amici per una serata indimenticabile!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Emmanouela T

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic birthday dinner and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I ate her with my girlfriend this weekend for her birthday - we just stumbled across as we perused the streets of Trastevere for a place which caught our eye and we were not disappointed. On a busy Saturday night we were lucky to get a table at 9.30pm but managed to secure one inside which was fine. The food, wine and atmosphere were fantastic and a 3-course meal with a bottle of wine for two came to less than 100 Euros! Service was also excellent although they did forget one of our sides (we couldn't have eaten it anyway and they quickly took it off the bill). Unbeknownst to us on arrival this is also a volunteer project and gave a great feeling of ethical dining. I would recommend this place to anyone and definitely return.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank P C
Long Island, NY
“Poor, Rude Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was the low point in dining during two weeks in Italy. The food was reasonably good, but the service ruined the entire meal. It all started with my son not receiving the potatoes he ordered as a side dish. A while later, I reminded the waiter. Nothing. As we were nearly finishing our meal, I asked another waiter. Nothing. A short while later a manager (maybe) came over and inquired. I explained. Well after our meal was finished, the dish arrived, without a word of apology. Following that we were completely ignored by our waiter. We were never offered dessert and I could not get him to return to the table to even ask for the check. As I started to get up to leave, another waiter came over and we were finally able to get our check. Up until this point I enjoyed the convenience of having service included in the price of the meal as I it is often in Europe. This experience showed me what can happen when the waitstaff has no incentive to give even average service. Not being a particularly picky or demanding person, there's a lot I'm willing to put up with at a restaurant, particualry while traveling in another country. Being ignored is not one of them. There are many restaurants in the Trastevere area of Rome. Do yourself a favor and select another one.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank coolbreezeny
London
“Delicious and great service too! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Staff were really friendly but not all converse in English, but we managed ok. Food was delicious and fresh. House wine was awesome at 9 euros for half litre. Bread was the best i have eaten here and they accommodated for my need of a large bowl of fresh tomatoes!! All on all a lovely place to eat.

Paris, France
“A pleasant place to eat and chat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Besides lovely food and a decent house wine, all priced slightly higher than the neighbourhood, a responsible place telling a story about employing disabled people. Recommended.