All reviews metro station vatican city booked a standard room via cola di rienzo city break minute walk lovely hotel pastries hotel restaurant would definitely stay here again walked everywhere spanish steps stayed for nights small hotel visit to rome trevi fountain jacuzzi
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I returned yesterday from may holiday in Rome. I have been to Rome several times but this was the first time I chose the Hotel Metropolis.
It was a very nice hotel with nice design. Rooms wasn't very spacious but very cute (I slept in a single then definitely smaller than the other).
WhenI return to visit my friends in Rome I think i'll sleep here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a nice quiet part of town, super close to the metro and the Vatican. The staff are wonderful - Christiano was especially helpful with great directions and restaurant suggestions. Although on the small side and not sound proof, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and have the option of twin share. The bathrooms are great, as is the restaurant for both breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Recently married as a lesbian couple, my wife and I decided that we wanted to go to Italy on our honeymoon and enjoy the various sites near Rome, such as the Vatican, the Spanish Steps, etc. When we looked for the right hotel, we wanted a lush, trendy, boutiqish type of hotel. After several people suggested that we try out the Hotel Metropolis, we booked it. Upon our stay, I would have to say this Hotel truly provided an experience like no other. Centrally located, friendly and courteous service oriented staff, and a jacuzzi in the room, put the icing on the cake. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to travel to Rome anytime soon!

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask for specials.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brookaw
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Metropolis Hotel in Rome. It's very conveniently located, a short walking distance away from the major sights Rome has to offer. A metro station is also close by for travelling further in the city.
The staff was very friendly and passionate. True Italians!
The squeeky clean rooms were modern and had free wifi. That always gets a thumbs up from me!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank th8008
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for her birthday weekend.
The hotel was a nice boutique hotel which was very comfortable and breakfast was great.
A couple of minor gripes was that there was no wi-fi in the hotel which i dont understand as all hotels have internet and there was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
The hotel although a 15 minute walk to the vatican there no restaurants or cafes nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple