Hotel Metropolis - Chateaux & Hotels Collection
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
$173
$155
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmetro stationvatican cityfree wificity breakminute walkpiazza del popololovely hotelpastrieshotel restaurantwould definitely stay here againfour star hotelexcellent breakfastquiet neighborhoodair conditionwalked everywherespanish stepsstayed for nights
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Recently married as a lesbian couple, my wife and I decided that we wanted to go to Italy on our honeymoon and enjoy the various sites near Rome, such as the Vatican, the Spanish Steps, etc. When we looked for the right hotel, we wanted a lush, trendy, boutiqish type of hotel. After several people suggested that we try out the Hotel Metropolis, we booked it. Upon our stay, I would have to say this Hotel truly provided an experience like no other. Centrally located, friendly and courteous service oriented staff, and a jacuzzi in the room, put the icing on the cake. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to travel to Rome anytime soon!

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask for specials.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brookaw
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Metropolis Hotel in Rome. It's very conveniently located, a short walking distance away from the major sights Rome has to offer. A metro station is also close by for travelling further in the city.
The staff was very friendly and passionate. True Italians!
The squeeky clean rooms were modern and had free wifi. That always gets a thumbs up from me!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank th8008
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for her birthday weekend.
The hotel was a nice boutique hotel which was very comfortable and breakfast was great.
A couple of minor gripes was that there was no wi-fi in the hotel which i dont understand as all hotels have internet and there was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
The hotel although a 15 minute walk to the vatican there no restaurants or cafes nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Hotel Metropolis! We intended to stay one night in a double room for celebrate my wife' birthday where else but in Rome. In fact, arriving at the reception we have got an upgrade in a superb suite with jacuzzi as a gift.What can I say anymore? It was absolutely marvelous. Very clean room, good breakfast, confortable bed, a real four star hotel at a great price. Station metro Lepanto is at 200 meters , Saint Peter Cathedral , Saint Angelo or Navona at 10 minutes walking or one metro station. Via Cola di Rienzo full of shops is the next bulevard. There is even a big DeSpar market at 50 meters. We felt like actors in a good italian romantic movie. THANK YOU METROPOLIS ! See you next year!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CristiMihai
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for 3 nights in room 303. Good location, close walking distance to the Vatican but not a 4* hotel at all. Where to start - asked for an iron, no iron. Which 4* or for that matter any hotel doesn't these days offer an iron? We could send out clothes but it was 5 euro a shirt! ridiculous. 2nd, noisy, could hear street noise with windows closed and 2 chatterboxes in room next to us - so walls must be very thin for us to hear them talking. Room was also really dark and no proper duvet, very think sheet. My husband's complaint was the bed was too hard also - that is fine by me however. I was overall really disappointed with this hotel, it is not cheap, we paid £718.00 for 3 nights which i think is a rip off for what we experienced. Breakfast was ok, bathroom needs updating, no extraction and grouting needs re-doing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple